Google must obey FBI's warrantless requests for user data for now

its not just google though? its the american system its self... the patriot act and so forth... bill clinton took a massive dump on america and now obama is trying to take an even bigger one next to it (and succeeding ) you americans have no freedom any more :/ its like the matrix... you are allowed to believe you are free... but you are not. "land of the free" BAH land of the ignorance

Check my posts, I've said this for a while but immediately called a nut job. The writing is on the wall, the US government will do what it wants to further it's agenda. But the ignorance is so blinding that they don't see it until it's too late. I'm thinking about signing up for one of those proxy websites like hidemyass.com. Changing my email and the whole 9 yards.

Check my posts, I've said this for a while but immediately called a nut job. The writing is on the wall, the US government will do what it wants to further it's agenda. But the ignorance is so blinding that they don't see it until it's too late. I'm thinking about signing up for one of those proxy websites like hidemyass.com. Changing my email and the whole 9 yards.

I would I dont think your crazy ...im taking my own measures... even though im english I know america are still waching because it all goes to american companies...

Also if you want privacy do what i do ... encrypt your hard drives ....

if you want to surf web .. I recomend TOR or proxy chains ...

Love the comments here about America. Every country has its stupid assed laws and issues to deal with. And Apple has to comply as well with requests as I am sure MS has to...not just Google.

Want to be safe and out of danger? Keep clean, dont do anything illegal or stupid, and make sure your sensitive data is secure.

• Like 1

Love the comments here about America. Every country has its stupid assed laws and issues to deal with. And Apple has to comply as well with requests as I am sure MS has to...not just Google.

Want to be safe and out of danger? Keep clean, dont do anything illegal or stupid, and make sure your sensitive data is secure.

When "illegal" changes as fast as the weather here in Florida, it's hard. I believe in political dissent and I voted for Obama, but I think it's wrong the Tea Party was targeted in any form or fashion even though I think they are a sham organization filled with fools and racists. We should be allowed to speak freely and not targeted because we won't tow the 'MERICA! party line. America forgot what true patriotism is and if you question the way things are run, you are attacked by the ignorant mob that now "runs" websites like these and America in general.

But on another note, I need to secure all my data. Don't really keep anything sensitive on my computer, mainly thumb drives.

I would I dont think your crazy ...im taking my own measures... even though im english I know america are still waching because it all goes to american companies...

Also if you want privacy do what i do ... encrypt your hard drives ....

What do you use to encrypt your hard drive?

You do realize TOR is secretly operated by the US Government, right?

And with that it's time for me to move my stuff to EU based servers and companies.

been thinking about this for a while... but you just cant get good customer service... I was thinking of going dutch... they seem to have good fair laws out there.... they are all modern idealists

Thing is the google tools are smart enough to recognize and properly tag profiles even when you block all cookies and go through a proxy with thousands of other users.

You do realize TOR is secretly operated by the US Government, right?

well... no ... its a secret..... ha! even if it was TOR IS UNTRACEABLE unless you are an idiot... I attended a computer forensics senimar last year... he works in the crime lab (mainly dealing with pedos )one guy nearly got away with it untill they found a proxy chain message burried deep in the hard drive (proxy chain likes to boast when its made a secure link)

Thing is the google tools are smart enough to recognize and properly tag profiles even when you block all cookies and go through a proxy with thousands of other users.

TOOORRR :) flush connection every few minutes

Man I can tell you some stories of Google stalking. That's why I stay super clean besides it's who I have been for a few years. I have had conversations in my living room with my girlfriend and see our conversation come up in my inbox as an ad. It's super scary.

All I'm gonna say is this: Look who's in power in Washington, as much as many of you openly hated Bush he didn't try to pull off half the illegal and unconstitutional things the current President has been caught doing, makes you wonder what hasn't been found yet

All I'm gonna say is this: Look who's in power in Washington, as much as many of you openly hated Bush he didn't try to pull off half the illegal and unconstitutional things the current President has been caught doing, makes you wonder what hasn't been found yet

Problem is, people will always try to politicize this. America is so damn "smart" that the majority doesn't realize it doesn't matter who is in office, the agenda is the same. Small things change, like taxes, but the big picture continues to be painted as the years go by. It was set in motion before Obama, he accelerated it and will continue after he is gone.

• Like 2

That's unconstitutional and evades my 4th amendment right.

Don't you wish gun advocates were as vocal about **** like this as they are about their precious guns?

• Like 1

the problem is that google keeps youtube free by tracking peoples actions online. something im happy with. its when the govenrment tries to step in and somehow use this data to help us, generally. i probably will never end up in the crosshairs. the problem is that some jackasses might get the bright idea theyre helping mankind by trying to sue me for watching old madtv skits!

i have seen conflicting reports on crime rate, a chart showing decline. then yellow journalism stating the opposite, erstwhile firmly claiming internet piracy the cause.

Bush didn't do it that we know of. I suspect they all do anything they can get away with.

Figures the judge was from California, that state is so backwards it's a wonder they even speak english and drive on the right side of the road any more.

That Woman severely irritates me. If I'd have been there I'd have asked "If you can point out what laws we are breaking, go ahead and fine us". Google is breaking no laws, they are perfectly in their right to do what they currently do. The law is a clearcut set of do's and don'ts.

Laws are rarely "clearcut" but instead determined by legal precedent, which is why it is important for the government to challenge sleazy and immoral companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Apple. It strikes me as ridiculous that Google can claim a transaction is taking place in Ireland when it is placed by a UK customers to a UK business - it's a fudge in order to avoid paying the obligated tax. It's the same with money being funnelled through shell corporations in the Netherlands and Bermuda. Nobody would tolerate a murderer using an obscure technicality to walk free, so why should corporations be allowed to undermine the solvency of a country and increase the tax burden on those who play by the rules?

The problem is that these companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on dedicated legal teams tasked with exploiting the system. It's a game of whack-a-mole that governments simply aren't able to win without redesigning the entire tax system. Of course the government bears responsibility for the current situation - that isn't in dispute - but it's wrong to absolve companies like Google of any fault. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it should be tolerated. I respect people?like the MP I linked to earlier?who are willing to stand up to corporations and publicly shame them. It's sad that you think she's "irritating" for standing up to immoral behaviour. Starbucks had to back down to public pressure and it would be great to force other companies to follow suit.

"snapback.pngMcKay, on Today, 13:58, said:

That Woman severely irritates me. If I'd have been there I'd have asked "If you can point out what laws we are breaking, go ahead and fine us". Google is breaking no laws, they are perfectly in their right to do what they currently do. The law is a clearcut set of do's and don'ts.

Laws are rarely "clearcut" but instead determined by legal precedent, which is why it is important for the government to challenge sleazy and immoral companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Apple. It strikes me as ridiculous that Google can claim a transaction is taking place in Ireland when it is placed by a UK customers to a UK business - it's a fudge in order to avoid paying the obligated tax. It's the same with money being funnelled through shell corporations in the Netherlands and Bermuda. Nobody would tolerate a murderer using an obscure technicality to walk free, so why should corporations be allowed to undermine the solvency of a country and increase the tax burden on those who play by the rules?

The problem is that these companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on dedicated legal teams tasked with exploiting the system. It's a game of whack-a-mole that governments simply aren't able to win without redesigning the entire tax system. Of course the government bears responsibility for the current situation - that isn't in dispute - but it's wrong to absolve companies like Google of any fault. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it should be tolerated. I respect people?like the MP I linked to earlier?who are willing to stand up to corporations and publicly shame them. It's sad that you think she's "irritating" for standing up to immoral behaviour. Starbucks had to back down to public pressure and it would be great to force other companies to follow suit."

appeasement.

besides uk goes on trying to act like amalgam is no problem. clouded and clouding judgement?

Doesn't work. google will track you as soon as you visit a site that uses any google services anyway. It's been written about their algorithms that are used to recognize you across sites and services and link all your traffic and info to the same "anonymous" profile before years ago, it's not like these have gotten worse.

Until 2 days ago, I didn't actually realise just HOW much Google tracked you.

A couple of days ago I make a post on here that used the New York Yankees as a reference to something. The next day, that team appeared as a Google Now card on my phone, as my favourite sports team. I wasn't even signed in to Chrome on the PC I made that post from, so how the hell did it know!?!?!?

They're probably going to appear as my team again, now. :s

• Like 1

to reiterate, google gets ad money for tracking users particularly to pay for sites like youtube. apparently youtube and other google sites get more revenue for using tracking in their shared ad network, as opposed to random ads.

who knows how much money they would lose if they decided to scrap tracking. might be the diffrence between having sites like youtube for free or not.

the problem further is that watching the wrong video on youtube could be considered an offence and the user could theoretically be charged for a crime without warning.

maybe im just too simple to realize people might not understand that well what is going on here.

The FBI sucks,but unless you're committing crimes with Google,whats to worry about?

The FBI sucks,but unless you're committing crimes with Google,whats to worry about?

well, if you antagonize certain political/religious figures ...

he could wields his political & financial to moves the FBI.

of course you must be stupid to submit your real life info to the Google.

You guys have lost a lot of freedoms since 9/11, though its not just you. An uninterested and unactive citizenry is a curse across most of the Western world. People are more interested in being consumers than part of the process until things are all too late.

• Like 1