10.000th and last post!

Well here we are almost 9 years and 10.000 posts down the line and I feel like it?s time to call it a day. Well I?ve wanted to move on for a while now and I want to move onto newer things and fresher pastures so I feel why not make it a nice round figure to do it on as for the reasoning behind it it?s sorta personal but it?s mainly along the lines of why some others have chosen to move on.

So here?s to 10K!

• Like 9

It's sad to see long time members leave, but I hope you find what you're looking for out there. Thanks for all your contributions over the years (Y)

While it's sad to see another long-standing member leave I can understand why. There have been several times I have considered leaving Neowin for good for the same reasons why others chose to leave. Alas, I'll be staying - for now.

Congratulations and farewell, o Neowin's panty thief.

I enjoyed your contributions :shifty:.

Congratulations and farewell (Y)

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

lol, I'm joking, but I find it hard to understand when people announce stuff like this.

1: You obviously think that you are important enough that people give a ****.

2: Was being a member here a full time job or something? Why cant you do whatever else it is that you want to do, while still browsing/commenting when you feel like it? Why is it all or nothing?

Not meaning to be overly rude, I genuinely don't get it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

lol, I'm joking, but I find it hard to understand when people announce stuff like this.

1: You obviously think that you are important enough that people give a ****.

2: Was being a member here a full time job or something? Why cant you do whatever else it is that you want to do, while still browsing/commenting when you feel like it? Why is it all or nothing?

Not meaning to be overly rude, I genuinely don't get it.

Agree there.. "for the same reasons others have left" well among those reasons, are:

• Being banned
  • Being warned and having a fit about it
  • "Site is going downhill" <-- this has been said since 2003
  • Self importance
  • Can't get over the fact that some people are trolls and others aren't
  • Expecting a fairy to fix everything while never reporting a problem
  • many more

:p Anyway I respect your decision, but not the reasoning, it's too broad a reason and not one me or the staff can work with.

Thanks for the contributions!

• Like 7

I thank you for your contributions over the years and I hope you return one day (Y)

Congrats on the big 10k!

• Like 2

Not sure what the reasons are for leaving, but there are times where i take a break and don't post much. Things have been improving since there were a few threads created that brought up issues but you cannot stop all the tools out there that try to ruin it for everyone...no matter what place you go to.

• Like 3

Well here we are almost 9 years and 10.000 posts down the line and I feel like it?s time to call it a day. Well I?ve wanted to move on for a while now and I want to move onto newer things and fresher pastures so I feel why not make it a nice round figure to do it on as for the reasoning behind it it?s sorta personal but it?s mainly along the lines of why some others have chosen to move on.

So here?s to 10K!

Who are you, again?

• Like 4

+Azusa

If you haven't left yet, I would ask that you don't, if you're really upset about something here, one option available to you is cancel your subscription, and just stay as a regular member at least if you still feel like leaving you'll make a clean break. (As I don't know how much subscription you have left to run)

All websites, this one included has it's ups and downs, heck nearly everyone with a few exceptions back from '93-94 that I vaguely remember have either left or have been banned (although I wasn't a member back then I used to visit the site just to read info that helped greatly with XP)

If you are dead cert against it, fair enough, but all I ask is that you don't make a rash decision, if you ever decide to come back you'd have to start over, if you simply let the account go inactive for a while then decide to come back, at least your rep will remain intact.

I've seen a few long standing members posting from time to time that only have a couple of hundred post to their name even though they've been members from the earliest days of neowin.

Shiranui is one of the examples I was talking about, member since 2003 and only posts when the user has something to say...

I don't understand. :s

Take a break, sure, but call it quits? I just don't see the reasoning behind it.

Nonetheless, good luck with your future endeveours and thanks for your contributions.

• Expecting a fairy to fix everything while never reporting a problem

Wait, wait, wait... There arent little fairies that run around fixing problems as soon as we report them?

:cry:

• Like 2

Shiranui is one of the examples I was talking about, member since 2003 and only posts when the user has something to say...

Unfortunately, most of of the time, its a load of sloblock.

Congrats on reaching 10K.

As for the other thing, I hope everything is alright and I do consider the fact that the personal reasons are severe enough to not discuss it with us. I just want to say though that you should only consider yourself inactive at the most as you've now limited your ability to come back (without ridicule), In your mindset now this is likely acceptable, but to limit yourself like that... I just don't get it. It's not like it's hard to be on this forum lol.

Anyways, see ya.

Sorry to see you leave, don't really understand but maybe I've just been here so long it seems like it would be loseing an old friend to leave.

Good luck, hope you find whatever you are looking for.

Cody Young

I pretty much keep to myself here other than spouting out my often times dumb comments, so I don't know the OP. But as someone else said, and with all due respect, I just don't see why folks choose to announce their departure from a forum. If you want to leave, then leave. Of course, I come from the Midwest US, so us Scandinavians prefer not to bring too much attention to ourselves. ;)

With that said, all the best as your journey through this thing we call life continues.

I raise my glass to ya! :martini: