10.000th and last post!

I left once. . .actually my brain left (sometime it stills leaves me (stroke X 2)). If I remember right (not easy any more) I first joined up in 2001 or might have been 2002, just didn't post a great deal. Long story short after a year away (rehab) I found the internet address (without the logins) and after a couple of times of going on line to Neowin.net I joined back up, and really glad to have done so, so get back here and jump in now and then. . . :D

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

lol, I'm joking, but I find it hard to understand when people announce stuff like this.

1: You obviously think that you are important enough that people give a ****.

2: Was being a member here a full time job or something? Why cant you do whatever else it is that you want to do, while still browsing/commenting when you feel like it? Why is it all or nothing?

Not meaning to be overly rude, I genuinely don't get it.

Exactly how I've become with these boards, as the news slowed down, I moved to a community that suited me more. I still come back here now and again to make posts. Just nowhere near as frequently as before. I don't understand why people would just up and leave.

I don't understand why people would just up and leave.

I left for several months last year. I did so without fanfare and making a big scene. I really wasn't sure when I left that I would ever be back. I had just resigned from being a mod and I was burnt out. I just wanted to get back to the real world for a while but then I decided the real world isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Agree there.. "for the same reasons others have left" well among those reasons, are:

• Being banned
  • Being warned and having a fit about it
  • "Site is going downhill" <-- this has been said since 2003
  • Self importance
  • Can't get over the fact that some people are trolls and others aren't
  • Expecting a fairy to fix everything while never reporting a problem
  • many more

:p Anyway I respect your decision, but not the reasoning, it's too broad a reason and not one me or the staff can work with.

Thanks for the contributions!

ok, how about this. Your *ON* neowin - the sites name alone gives a hint of what to expect, and your in the Xbox forum and you're talking about the xbox one and YOU get reprimanded because you call someone out as being a troll..

yet those trolls, which you can CLEARLY see, open up topic after topic of bull mallarcky and they get ignored..

But call a troll a troll and OMG, your posts are deleted, you get warnings and a nice friendly reminder from the moderators that its ok for haters to hate, but don't call them out for their hate.

Does that sum up whats sucking around here or are you going to continue to post very obscure reasons that people leave?

It's called being frustrated that this is what the community is turning into. Is this is what "neowin" is about now?? maybe you guys see the writing on the wall for everything windows/Microsoft.. at least spell it out officially and not moderate the people who are actually positively passionate and excited about something... can't be happy about anything and the people pulling triggers and causing the uproars just seem to do so with much fanfare.

but hey, i'm not asking to be treated special, I'm not making a last post or asking for any pitty party.. just think its pretty lame its gotten this bad.

and to be honest, its not unique to neowin either...

had I been in the playstation forum making fun of the playstation and calling playstation owners trolls to their face, reprimand away! I would be doing everyone a disservice

I left for several months last year. I did so without fanfare and making a big scene. I really wasn't sure when I left that I would ever be back. I had just resigned from being a mod and I was burnt out. I just wanted to get back to the real world for a while but then I decided the real world isn't what it's cracked up to be.

haha, this is true.. but then the online world rubs you the wrong way and it just becomes obvious humanity is doomed

It really has to be tough being just one person out of seven billion. . .'Just no respect". . . :D

Wait, why are we responding to this thread if he's never going to reply to it? lol. Congrats and Farewell btw.