RUMOR: Microsoft Under Clocking Xbox One By 100-200mhz

Until people see the whole cloud thing in action, there really is no point in this inane back and forth that you guys are doing. Give it a rest until after Monday at the least.

Forums... we banter. Let us banter. Just don't take it personal. And I'm still not done with work, which is soooo slow, so I need entertainment :p

They said it wasn't for rendering, just computing of data. It is for rendering though. I'm trying to stop people from getting the wrong idea. Here is the post you made, where you said.....

I have seen multiple people say it is not for rendering, only calculations of data points. But MS has directly said it will be for rendering backgrounds and other objects that are more "static" and not changing.

Which refers to "live" matte backgrounds, composited behind your actual level scenery. which cloud rendering would actually work very well for since it doesn't need to be perfectly synced, and you can also "overscan" and let thegame move the matte around to compensate if the lag causes the matte to not move correctly with the game camera.

Until people see the whole cloud thing in action, there really is no point in this inane back and forth that you guys are doing. Give it a rest until after Monday at the least.

As I said before, It'll be interesting to see what Respawn is doing with the cloud as they said they're using it heavily for both physics and AI.

So, if XBOX One can't use cloud computing because of latency, and all these other issues everyone is mentioning, doesn't that mean that Sony's Gaikai streaming will be will also be a complete failure? I mean, they are rendering EVERYTHING in the cloud for streaming games.

So, if XBOX One can't use cloud computing because of latency, and all these other issues everyone is mentioning, doesn't that mean that Sony's Gaikai streaming will be will also be a complete failure? I mean, they are rendering EVERYTHING in the cloud for streaming games.

I don't see it doing so well in terms of quality and latency either. I hope I'm proven wrong, but from what I've seen on the PC side, I don't expect much.

why would you say it isn't for rendering, but for calculations? I'm only going off of what you expressed as 2 different things :p But yes, I do think rendering is something different than calculating.

Calculator calculates numbers. It renders those numbers on a screen.

Therefore the cloud calculates lighting, fog, debris, AI, and other volumetric data send that data back to the Xbox to be rendered by the Xbox to the TV. Therefore bandwidth shouldn't be a problem correct? This is technically the same amount of data a current gen concsole would send and receive from a multiplayer game correct? Which isn't much.

There aren't 2 views on what rendering is. Rendering is only one thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_(computer_graphics)

Reading comprehension please?

I asked what's the difference between rendering and calculations.

Therefore the cloud calculates lighting, fog, debris, AI, and other volumetric data send that data back to the Xbox to be rendered by the Xbox to the TV. Therefore bandwidth shouldn't be a problem correct? This is technically the same amount of data a current gen concsole would send and receive from a multiplayer game correct? Which isn't much.

Reading comprehension please?

I asked what's the difference between rendering and calculations.

You're serious?

I just told you what rendering is...

Calculations is the mathematics.

He's shown to not understand a single thing about games with that last comment. So far, everything is rendered on your end, and bits of data are sent through the lines that tell your positions, actions, and whatever. But nothing, I say nothing, is rendered on a server and sent to you as far as graphics go for 99 percent of games we play. It's all minute calculations and bits of data.

He's shown to not understand a single thing about games with that last comment. So far, everything is rendered on your end, and bits of data are sent through the lines that tell your positions, actions, and whatever. But nothing, I say nothing, is rendered on a server and sent to you as far as graphics go for 99 percent of games we play. It's all minute calculations and bits of data.

Point 1) Let me make this point first: You've just contradicted yourself with this comment

Point 2) Reading comprehension: if someone asks you the difference between two items explaining what one of the those items are is NOT telling what the difference is.

Point 3) you are not a game developer and neither am I. You've been flip flopping on what the Microsoft cloud service will do for the Xbox one because the simple fact is you DON'T know.

Back to point 1. You've said the Xbox one cloud service won't be doing anything other than matchmaking and game saves, then you change to it will render images and send those images back to the Xbox and now you're saying nothing at all is rendered on the servers.

It is just crazy how you can flip flop so much. To me it seems you're the one who doesn't understand anything. I don't pretend to be what I'm not.

Wht we know is that the cloud service is there for developers to use how they see it to fit in their games and game engines.

We also know that the power available from the cloud to any developer is 3x any single Xbox One. Therefore each Xbox comes with 4x1.2TFLOPs = 4.8TFLOPs horsepower (assuming the 1.2tflops from the leak) theoretically. Therefore with the cloud the Xbox is actually 62% more powerful than the ps4.

We do know the Xbox one will support used game, game resale, game sharing between at least 2 people (2 people playing the SAME game). therefore this can make game purchases cheaper (you and a friend split the cost of a game, so a game can cost you only $30 a piece instead of $60)

Theres a lot more but the above should be enough to make my point.

I have a feeling they have heat issues with poor thermal management ONCE AGAIN underclock to cool it down.

no way in hell im getting a new xbox one no freaking way

So have we gone to the kindergarten level of arguments now ? if you have something to argue, then do it. a gif is not an argument. have you even paid attention to what's been happening with Apple and the stock holders in the last year ?

Yes, I do, and that facility was announced over a year ago at least, and I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't just sit around and put together an idea within two minutes to be like, "Hrm, we need to spend money..." and come up with it overnight. Secondly, they're creating plenty of jobs, but somehow that's all a negative. It's truly amazing how you could argue about how Microsoft can do no wrong, yet spin what Apple does as negative, as if shareholders are someone the general consumer should worry about.

Also, for what it's worth, I didn't qualify your response because it's way off topic to begin with. Why go in depth here anyway? :ermm:

Yes, I do, and that facility was announced over a year ago at least, and I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't just sit around and put together an idea within two minutes to be like, "Hrm, we need to spend money..." and come up with it overnight. Secondly, they're creating plenty of jobs, but somehow that's all a negative. It's truly amazing how you could argue about how Microsoft can do no wrong, yet spin what Apple does as negative, as if shareholders are someone the general consumer should worry about.

Also, for what it's worth, I didn't qualify your response because it's way off topic to begin with. Why go in depth here anyway? :ermm:

yes, and how long ago since Apple's stock holders started demanding their share of the money. it was BEFORE that announcement, PUBLICALLY, internally on stock meetings it was long before that again. I also never said that MS didn't do anything bad and that everything Apple does is negative. I was merely pointing out that your comparison of money in the bank has no real world meaning as it's merely the end result of two different strategies, and that Apple's strategy doesn't work out once the stock holders get tired of not getting their fair share, it's a strategy that only works if you actually have a plan for what to use all the money for down the line, which they never had.

I have a feeling they have heat issues with poor thermal management ONCE AGAIN underclock to cool it down.

no way in hell im getting a new xbox one no freaking way

Yes, I'm sure they didn't learn anything from the 360, and that the massive test facility they have been suing for over a year hasn't found a potential heat problem and that the massive cooler on the Xbox One that could cool two of Nvidia's new beasts aren't working... yup, that seems realistic.