New images of leaked iPhone 5S parts show redesigned home button

iphone-5-home.jpg?w=618

You know we?re within months of a new iPhone launch because images of iPhone parts have started to steadily trickle out. The latest set comes to us from Czech site Letem Svetem Applem, which has three images showing off the iPhone 5S?s front-facing camera, home button and vibrating motor, which was already revealed when BGR exclusively published several high-resolution images of various leaked iPhone 5S parts last month. The new pictures don?t provide too much additional information beyond what we already knew, although AppleInsider notes that the ?home button shown off in the pictures is markedly different? from another version that leaked in March. Much like previous iPhone 5S parts that have leaked out, the new images do nothing to confirm whether Apple will implement fingerprint sensing technology on the new device. All three images are posted below.

5s-vibrator1.jpeg?w=942

5s-home-button-flex-cable1.jpeg?w=942

5s-front-camera1.jpeg?w=942

http://bgr.com/2013/06/07/iphone-5s-parts-leak/

Did Apple just copy Samsung?

what would they have copied?

seeing that the home button protrudes a bit i wonder if this adds truth to there being a fingerprint sensor in the home button now.

Perhaps they'll just make the button more reliable, I have had to replace 3 iDevices due to the home button failing

Ummm... i see no difference or am i missing the blatantly obvious as usual? :s

But that's the beauty of it, you see! Nothing changes, but it's new, new, NEW! With fantastic NEWNESS that EVERYBODY will want! Yours for just $199 more than the old model! IT'S NEW!! EVERYONE will want it! Get yours NOW!! IT'S NEW!!

The iPhone really seems to be the standard when choosing a phone that does all the basic requirements of a modern person. I hope it continues to grow as it will force others to compete.

The iPhone really seems to be the standard when choosing a phone that does all the basic requirements of a modern person. I hope it continues to grow as it will force others to compete.

Are you being serious?

Ummm... i see no difference or am i missing the blatantly obvious as usual? :s

Since when is the "S" iteration ever different cosmetically?

You do know that for several years now Apple doesn't really force others to compete. The opposite actually happening, Apple is running after others trying to catch up...

• Like 2

Are you being serious?

Yes. It has a good out of the box camera, allows connectivity to the popular social media sites, allows access to all the 'must have apps'

Its a good phone, its the standard.

Yes. It has a good out of the box camera, allows connectivity to the popular social media sites, allows access to all the 'must have apps'

Its a good phone, its the standard.

But... Are you being serious about being serious? :wacko: :s

You do know that for several years now Apple doesn't really force others to compete. The opposite actually happening, Apple is running after others trying to catch up...

Catch up to what? They've made pretty minor changes over the years and it's still the best selling phone year after year. If anything, everybody else is still trying to figure out how to create such a successful and profitable phone. Samsung is starting to get close with the Galaxy line, but they still have a ways to go. If Apple would release a phone with a comparable screen size to the Galaxy, Samsung would be in big trouble.

Catch up to what? They've made pretty minor changes over the years and it's still the best selling phone year after year. If anything, everybody else is still trying to figure out how to create such a successful and profitable phone. Samsung is starting to get close with the Galaxy line, but they still have a ways to go. If Apple would release a phone with a comparable screen size to the Galaxy, Samsung would be in big trouble.

You are exactly correct -

They've made pretty minor changes over the years - people usually don't want to purchase a new version of the same phone that actually has only very minor changes. If I spend money on a new phone I want it to be much better than the previous version.

I believe that they are selling so much phones is for 2 reasons. 1 - They have a brilliant marketing department. 2 - They have an insane fan base that purchase anything new that apple releases. People that are willing to spend $600-$800 each year on a new phone which is basically not that different than the previous one.

Like you said, if they would release a different phone (bigger size, open to modifications and more) they would sell more. Of course, this is what people want from Apple, a slightly different phone :D

the same has been going on since the 3g, leaked circuit board parts have never lived up to the hype ( IMO) when it comes to the iphone.

You have to seriously shake your head at the kind of sad pathetic little person who gets a hard on over circuit board components...

• Like 2

I see no difference and it doesn't matter. They'd better do something meaningful to update the UI. The hardware also supports FM Radio, iOS does not, would like to see that added.

You are exactly correct -

They've made pretty minor changes over the years - people usually don't want to purchase a new version of the same phone that actually has only very minor changes. If I spend money on a new phone I want it to be much better than the previous version.

I believe that they are selling so much phones is for 2 reasons. 1 - They have a brilliant marketing department. 2 - They have an insane fan base that purchase anything new that apple releases. People that are willing to spend $600-$800 each year on a new phone which is basically not that different than the previous one.

Like you said, if they would release a different phone (bigger size, open to modifications and more) they would sell more. Of course, this is what people want from Apple, a slightly different phone :D

I definitely agree with most of that. I'm not sure how many people actually buy a phone out of contract though. Every 2 years I'll spend the $200 to get a new phone, and I'd never consider paying the out-of-contract price. If there are a lot of people that do, they're nuts. :)

With that said, I think most people that have grown accustomed to a certain OS probably won't switch over unless they are adventurous or bored or something. I've had an iPhone for almost 2 years now, have played with a lot of Android and Windows phones, and there really isn't anything that intrigues me enough to switch over. I have my contacts and apps well organized, so I'll most likely buy whatever Apple dumps out in a few months. A bigger screen would be nice, but it's not really a deal breaker for me (yet). I'm sure the exact same concept applies with people that have used Android for years and years. There's no denying that Android is the king of features.

But that's the beauty of it, you see! Nothing changes, but it's new, new, NEW! With fantastic NEWNESS that EVERYBODY will want! Yours for just $199 more than the old model! IT'S NEW!! EVERYONE will want it! Get yours NOW!! IT'S NEW!!

herd.gif

This sprang to mind :laugh: and before anyone calls me a [insert here] fanboy/basher, my first and only smartphone to date has been a 4S.

I definitely agree with most of that. I'm not sure how many people actually buy a phone out of contract though. Every 2 years I'll spend the $200 to get a new phone, and I'd never consider paying the out-of-contract price. If there are a lot of people that do, they're nuts. :)

With that said, I think most people that have grown accustomed to a certain OS probably won't switch over unless they are adventurous or bored or something. I've had an iPhone for almost 2 years now, have played with a lot of Android and Windows phones, and there really isn't anything that intrigues me enough to switch over. I have my contacts and apps well organized, so I'll most likely buy whatever Apple dumps out in a few months. A bigger screen would be nice, but it's not really a deal breaker for me (yet). I'm sure the exact same concept applies with people that have used Android for years and years. There's no denying that Android is the king of features.

When I lived in Canada I used to know several (insane) people that would line up each year next to the apple store just to purchase the next iPhone. Now when I say purchase I mean pay the full price. Now i'm sure you saw those lines everywhere in the world and I am almost sure that a big % of those people pay the full amount just to have the new device.

During the last 2-3 iPhone releases (4, 4S and 5) I have seen more than few articles in several different websites that expressed their concern about Apple not making the needed/wanted changes between each version. Along with that you can see the people's comments to those articles with the same complaints.

Apple see what's going on now, companies releasing phones with bigger screens and incredible customization options for the phones and at the same time Apple is losing market share. In order for them to get back taking the market they will have to make those changes. They cant stay that stubborn and not make those changes when people want them. Maybe it wont happen with the 5S but it has to happen with the 6. If it wont then Apple will be in trouble.

When I lived in Canada I used to know several (insane) people that would line up each year next to the apple store just to purchase the next iPhone. Now when I say purchase I mean pay the full price. Now i'm sure you saw those lines everywhere in the world and I am almost sure that a big % of those people pay the full amount just to have the new device.

During the last 2-3 iPhone releases (4, 4S and 5) I have seen more than few articles in several different websites that expressed their concern about Apple not making the needed/wanted changes between each version. Along with that you can see the people's comments to those articles with the same complaints.

Apple see what's going on now, companies releasing phones with bigger screens and incredible customization options for the phones and at the same time Apple is losing market share. In order for them to get back taking the market they will have to make those changes. They cant stay that stubborn and not make those changes when people want them. Maybe it wont happen with the 5S but it has to happen with the 6. If it wont then Apple will be in trouble.

You actually make a really good point. I never understood why people stand in those lines. I pre-ordered mine online and it was at my doorstep on launch day. People must just like standing/camping in lines (or truly are Apple soldiers). :rofl: