Alex Jones on BBC's Sunday Politics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7ZaK7Oa88

The annual conference of the secretive Bilderberg Group is meeting near Watford, with some leading political and business leaders from the US and Europe.

American "shock jock" Alex Jones joined Times columnist David Aaronovitch to discuss it - and ended up disrupting the show in spectacular fashion.

Presenter Andrew Neil described him as "the worst person" that he had ever interviewed.

Source

I'm sorry, but no matter what you think of this guy, you've got to admit this is one HILARIOUS interview :laugh:

Andrew Neil should be downright ashamed of himself. Yes, Alex is a gobby idiot who thrives on his own popularity, but the BBC should be held to better standards than mockingly suggesting that someone has mental disorders by pulling faces at the camera.

Moreover it just reeked of "Discredit this guy!"

• Like 1

Andrew Neil should be downright ashamed of himself. Yes, Alex is a gobby idiot who thrives on his own popularity, but the BBC should be held to better standards than mockingly suggesting that someone has mental disorders by pulling faces at the camera.

Moreover it just reeked of "Discredit this guy!"

Oh yeah, without a doubt it just seemed like they were out to discredit him.

Still funny though :)

Ha, given some of the crap that jones makes up and posts to his sites as "news" I don't think anyone really needs to discredit him. He does quite the job of that himself.

• Like 2

I saw this clip on the BBC News site earlier.

While I certainly do not agree with Alex Jones' views, and particular object to his obnoxious ranting, I also felt a little uncomfortable at the sight of Andrew Neil making childish 'insanity' gestures to the camera.

The 'Sunday Politics' programme does have a somewhat informal presentation style, however never have I seen a BBC presenter disrespect a guest in such a manner.

• Like 1

American "shock jock" Alex Jones joined Times columnist David Aaronovitch to discuss it - and ended up disrupting the show in spectacular fashion.

Alex Jones is not a "shock jock", which is a genre pioneered by Howard Stern (although not a totally fair term, and others given the term are by far inferior)...

He's a "conspiracy talk host", which was pioneered by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber (who like Howard Stern, were by far superior to the others who took up that genre).

I can see where he might be confused as a "shock jock" with his sensationalist and highly controversial assertions, but there is a big difference. Mainly, Alex Jones isn't trying to be, or considered, entertainment, but rather informative (used at the risk of completely bastardizing the term). Much like a news show, entertainment is involved in all broadcasting, but unlike a comedy or theatre show, the entertainment is designed to keep you listening while you're "informed" on, and/or discuss, certain types of topics, more like a documentary or political talk show.

• Like 1

Saw it earlier on today. It seems Alex Jones is incapable of speaking at a normal level of volume without raving like a lunatic.

A shame he's come to this side of the Atlantic to try and peddle his flavour is crazy.

well how ever you feel flinty he did say something you didn't catch during your day of ...whatever it is you do. He exposed this Bilderberg group. See, a few years ago, I think 2008 so 4 years ago now, he was reporting about this group and people were saying he was crazy.. the group never existed. fast forward to 2013.. now the group exists. doesn't this spark your attention?

Alex reported that either watford taxpayers or UK in general, I'm not sure, were footing the security bill for these jackasses when they are a private group. Alex showed video last week before the conference where YOUR or watfords taxes put up a huge steel fence. I say common sense dictates, screw these arses and let them foot their own bill

they were in turkey in recent years and every year they try to secretly meet somewhere. Flinty, they don't represent your or my best interests. people all over the world are waking up to this fact

well how ever you feel flinty he did say something you didn't catch during your day of ...whatever it is you do. He exposed this Bilderberg group. See, a few years ago, I think 2008 so 4 years ago now, he was reporting about this group and people were saying he was crazy.. the group never existed. fast forward to 2013.. now the group exists. doesn't this spark your attention?

Alex reported that either watford taxpayers or UK in general, I'm not sure, were footing the security bill for these jackasses when they are a private group. Alex showed video last week before the conference where YOUR or watfords taxes put up a huge steel fence. I say common sense dictates, screw these arses and let them foot their own bill

they were in turkey in recent years and every year they try to secretly meet somewhere. Flinty, they don't represent your or my best interests. people all over the world are waking up to this fact

A quick search for Bilderberg returns things like this press release announcing a meeting of the Bilderberg Meeting published in June 2008. I'm not sure how you get the idea that they didn't exist or were some secret group when they were putting out press releases.

Oh yeah, the BBC also put out a story about Bilderberg in 2004 and a year earlier in 2003 & references to it going back to 1999

Doesn't seem like something only he was privy to and an unknown group when the BBC were publishing stories as far back as 1999.

There's leaders and former leaders of nations there. Of course there's going to be security.

"The organisers of the event are paying for a private security firm who will be providing security at the venue," the spokesman said."In addition, the organisers have agreed to contribute towards policing costs relating to the event."As we do not disclose the costs of operations prior to their event, we will not disclose the amounts at this stage."

Some of it to be met by the taxpayer and I'm sure there are far bigger wastes of money than what this will cost.

A quick search for Bilderberg returns things like this press release announcing a meeting of the Bilderberg Meeting published in June 2008. I'm not sure how you get the idea that they didn't exist or were some secret group when they were putting out press releases.

Oh yeah, the BBC also put out a story about Bilderberg in 2004 and a year earlier in 2003 & references to it going back to 1999

Doesn't seem like something only he was privy to and an unknown group when the BBC were publishing stories as far back as 1999.

There's leaders and former leaders of nations there. Of course there's going to be security.

Some of it to be met by the taxpayer and I'm sure there are far bigger wastes of money than what this will cost.

Flinty sorry my typing isn't the best but what I meant to say was rather, he was reporting that this group existed and the media and so forth was saying he was crazy that the bilderbergs did NOT exist. But now they can't hide the lie that they have been around for years. my apologies on that flinty

in light of PRISM he's seeming a little nuts. A couple months ago I would have said to lock that nut up... suddenly not so much.

Utter nonsense. PRISM is nothing new at all. Anyone who assumed our governments didn't do this is blind. But PRISM has nothing to do with this conversation.

The reason a lot of truths are buried is because they get mixed in with other theories and written off as the rantings of an idiot.

Also, I note that the Bildberg group has never denied it's existence and has been documenting itself since the 1950s.

Saw it earlier on today. It seems Alex Jones is incapable of speaking at a normal level of volume without raving like a lunatic.

A shame he's come to this side of the Atlantic to try and peddle his flavour is crazy.

I've seen him speak calm and rationally many times.

He is a passionate person -- nothing wrong with that.

And no, I do not agree with him on everything, but he raises interesting ideas.

I've seen him speak calm and rationally many times.

He is a passionate person -- nothing wrong with that.

And no, I do not agree with him on everything, but he raises interesting ideas.

There's being passionate and being completely rude and just shouting and raving when you've been invited as a guest on a show. He was the latter.

Like juice boxes are turning kids gay?

What ideas?

• Like 1

One in ten things he says has merit. And then he often discredits himself by his approach. Shouty shouty, ranty ranty, pointy pointy people tend not to be taken seriously. However he also discredits himself as he is the worst attention ###### ever!

Alex Jones is testament to the United States' failure to address mental health issues.

Don't mean this in a bad way (so please don't take it that way), but I never thought I'd actually agree with you on something.

• Like 1

I used to watch all his videos, even had his podcast app on my phone and listened to it every day. Then he went off the deep end. I don't believe a lot of what he says, but I agree that he raises some interesting points. Problem is, when you yell and scream and buy into the "discredit him" game you lose more often than not. He needs to relax, smoke a blunt and talk slowly.