iOS 7 Beta - Insights and Experiences

iOS 7 Beta   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Have you installed the Beta yet?

• Yes
    • No - Will never install it
    • No - Plan to install it soon enough
  2. 2. If you like it, what is that you like the most?

• Icons
    • Control Center
    • Typography
    • Lockscreen
    • Notification Center
    • Interface Elements - Buttons
    • It's Fresh, New and Cool!
    • Difficult to say right now
  3. 3. If you don't like it, what is itching you the most?

Beta 3 is running a lot better on my iPhone 4s than Beta 2 was. So far its quick and I've not had to restart or force restart my phone.

Still get the odd crash here and there. EG: clearing conversations in the message app using the delete all, crashes the app to home screen, but when you open messages the conversation you cleared is actually cleared.

As of beta 3 I can't send MMS messages anymore. When texting someone the camera icon is greyed out making it impossible to attach photos to SMS messages. Also, interface glitches seem to be getting worse. It frequently happens that content of build-in apps show behind the status bar.

I'm on Beta 3 now. Things seem to be a bit smoother on my 5 now. Spotify doesn't like me adjusting the volume and I'm beginning to think they aren't going to change the white text on bright backgrounds (IE, return to call status bar). 

One question though, does anyone happen to know what resolution/dimensions a picture has to be in order for it to be considered a panorama? I have several photos that I would consider to be panoramas, but they aren't showing up in the proper folder. 

Edit: Just found something annoying in this beta. If you type a lengthy iMessage and send it, only the first line or so will appear in the 'bubble', The rest gets pushed out. When you send another message after that, the next message appears on top of the first one and the text gets garbled. 

post-201025-0-36649300-1373457877.png

Edit: Just found something annoying in this beta. If you type a lengthy iMessage and send it, only the first line or so will appear in the 'bubble', The rest gets pushed out. When you send another message after that, the next message appears on top of the first one and the text gets garbled. 

I had that happen on the one of the last Beta's but it disappeared with a reboot.

Also today my phone completely died, well actually not sure it died. more so it wouldn't wake up. I had to hold the power + home button for it to reboot.

I had that happen on the one of the last Beta's but it disappeared with a reboot.

Also today my phone completely died, well actually not sure it died. more so it wouldn't wake up. I had to hold the power + home button for it to reboot.

Thanks for the suggestion.

That sort of worked, it moved the long message behind the other ones. No more garbled text. I figured out what it is though. When you send or receive long messages now, it only shows the first few lines and you have to click on the message to see the entire thing. I guess it's broken on the sender side of things (which is to be expected, it's a beta after all). 

• 2 weeks later...

Expect Beta 4 this Monday!

The iOS 7 beta 4, which will mark the midpoint of beta releases, is speculated for a July 22 arrival, exactly two weeks after the 3rd version was released. As long as Apple sticks to its release pattern for each update, developers can expect the beta 4 next Monday, IBTimes reports.

Source

• Like 1

iOS7 Beta 4 is going to be delayed (with no solid answer to "how long) due to this:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/07/22/apple-hack-could-delay-ios-7-beta-4-release-slow-app-updates/

I figured when the dev site went down last week that it would be delayed.. Sucks, but hey at least they are trying to get everything fixed where it won't happen again

For those of you that are interested, Apple has created a status page to keep you up to date when parts of the Developers Center come back online. I'm waiting for the software radio button to light up so I can check out iOS 7 Beta 4!. Anyways, here's the status page...

https://developer.apple.com/support/system-status/

The one major issue I have is that when my phone is in my pocket, it seems to unlock itself and then do all sorts of merry hell...phoning people, texting, random twitter updates, changing my music to FULL VOLUME >.>

Anyone else have this?

The one major issue I have is that when my phone is in my pocket, it seems to unlock itself and then do all sorts of merry hell...phoning people, texting, random twitter updates, changing my music to FULL VOLUME >.>

Anyone else have this?

Can't say that I've experienced that, but I have had the problem of my phone not ringing at all, plus no notification of a missed call.

Adding songs to a playlist seems to send the screen into a spaz contrast mode where every colour inverts, would also be nice to put back the Add All Songs by Artist option for playlists, when you've got a few hundred songs to add it does take while.

How does iBooks look in iOS7? With all this flattening down they're doing I'm hoping they've gotten rid of the book-like way it displays pages. I just want plain old boring flat pages.

How does iBooks look in iOS7? With all this flattening down they're doing I'm hoping they've gotten rid of the book-like way it displays pages. I just want plain old boring flat pages.

Looks the same to me. I just took this pic from my iPad.

post-119661-0-04568300-1374939250.jpg