iOS 7 Beta - Insights and Experiences

iOS 7 Beta   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Have you installed the Beta yet?

• Yes
    • No - Will never install it
    • No - Plan to install it soon enough
  2. 2. If you like it, what is that you like the most?

• Icons
    • Control Center
    • Typography
    • Lockscreen
    • Notification Center
    • Interface Elements - Buttons
    • It's Fresh, New and Cool!
    • Difficult to say right now
  3. 3. If you don't like it, what is itching you the most?

Activation Lock, a new feature of Find My iPhone, is turned on automatically when Find My iPhone is enabled on any device running iOS 7. Activation Lock requires users to enter their Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone, sign out of iCloud, erase the device, or reactivate the device after an erase. It?s important to do one of the following before transferring a device to a new user:

Nice feature!

So Beta 4 is going back to more icon-heavy buttons, rather than the text-heavy ones we've had in the first three betas. I like it, though, I do think Beta 4 has some nice graphical improvements.

Yeh im liking the new additions, much better with the answer/decline/end call buttons boxed.

Just the one issue for me so far, i doubt these are meant to look like this..

q34s.jpg

2rxk.jpg

I have to say, as a MAJOR fan of Android, and someone who has been an iOS user and just found it a bit limiting - I feel like a lot of my concerns have been addressed...

Yeh im liking the new additions, much better with the answer/decline/end call buttons boxed.

Just the one issue for me so far, i doubt these are meant to look like this..

q34s.jpg

2rxk.jpg

Assuming this is a 4S... how are the animations like? Smooth?

Is Skype currently working on Beta 4? Or does it keep crashing?

Skype still crashes, it will continue to crash until Skype release an update which we probably wont see until the final release of iOS7

grrr its not showing up OTA for me on my iPad Mini!! It just sits at Checking for Update and then after a couple of minutes it comes up with try again

grrr its not showing up OTA for me on my iPad Mini!! It just sits at Checking for Update and then after a couple of minutes it comes up with try again

Have you tried updating via iTunes?

Have you tried updating via iTunes?

when I plug it into itunes and click update it says I am running the most recent version

well.. come to find out.. my iPhone 5 is registered on the dev center but NOT my iPad mini..  Does anyone have an extra spot that they wouldn't mind adding my iPad Mini? 

So what would happen if you buy a used iPhone that hasn't been erased? Would it not allow it to be erased?

Basically no. If you try to erase in iTunes, it will require you to turn off FindMyPhone first, requiring the account password.

Apparently, if you restore in DFU mode, it will wipe the phone but refuse to activate. 

Will probably need a new jailbreak hack from that point to get it working.

So ... make sure if you buy second hand, have the person turn this off before handing over any $$

Hopefully this helps make the phone less of a target for theft.

I'm a Windows Phone guy... but that is pretty cool.

That video was released a few days before beta1, yet to find the option to actually set it! Unless im just completely overlooking the fact that you can set panoramic images and then move around that much on them!

When deleting SMS, contacts or individual calls, most of the time I have to press the delete button twice, sometimes three times. Does anyone else have this problem?

When deleting SMS, contacts or individual calls, most of the time I have to press the delete button twice, sometimes three times. Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't delete any of those three, but it is that way on voicemails. Have to tap delete twice. Once doesn't work, even after waiting. Second tap does it. (Beta 4)

I have to say, as a MAJOR fan of Android, and someone who has been an iOS user and just found it a bit limiting - I feel like a lot of my concerns have been addressed...

Yeah, I've been using Android for the past 3+ years, and I can finally say iOS7 is actually looking decent. My next device may be an iPhone, but that is so far away (May 2015). In the mean time, I'll have to wait for the next iterations of the iPad/iPad mini. 

I don't delete any of those three, but it is that way on voicemails. Have to tap delete twice. Once doesn't work, even after waiting. Second tap does it. (Beta 4)

Guess we have to wait for Beta 5 or beyond. :rolleyes:

Yeh 4s, everything else is very smooth, every release just brings massive improvements!

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation (Y)

I'm not willing to put iOS 7 on my phone as I still need a BT jailbreak tweak to make my phone work better with my Pebble. Supposedly iOS 7 fixes BT woes but I need more confirmation from in-the-wild iOS 7 users. With that said, I tried beta 3 on my 3rd-gen iPad and animations were choppy and the Settings app loved to crash every three runs (especially when changing wallpaper). Even had Springboard go down - don't usually see that happen outside of jailbreaking iOS!

I've found Beta 4 has an annoying bug where the center button on my remote control isn't working. The one used for play/pause music and answering/hanging up on phone calls. Although pressing and holding for Siri seems to work. It's a new bug, wasn't there in any of the previous betas.