Considering TItanfall is running on the Source engine, I'm not concerned about the PC port, especially since Respawn is doing it themselves (unlike the 360 version). I don't get why some PC gamers here are so negative about it being a multiplat game, I'm quite sure the game will play just fine on a gamepad on PC, and play just as good on keyboard and mouse on PC.

The engine doesn't make for a good port though. Then all the UE game ports would have been excellent, which... isn't the case. 

The engine doesn't make for a good port though. Then all the UE game ports would have been excellent, which... isn't the case. 

True - in fact, I have been pleasantly surprised that DCUO is as good as it is, as most multiplatform titles using the same engine (if not most GAMES using that engine) have been awful-to-abysmal.

True, but Source has a much better track record on PC than most engines. I mean HL2 etc will run on decade old machines :)

Not one who's big into custom controllers myself (sooner or later whatever game it's designed for is going to get old and such) but yea, this is one of the better ones in my opinion.  Probably doesn't help my opinion that I don't care for consoles and waiting for the PC version of Titanfall though.

It's apparently going to be a very limited closed beta test. I find it odd that a month ago they were calling the game an alpha and now a limited beta test and a release in little more than a month.

I hope the game is actually finished. So many shooters in the last year or two have turned out pretty bad when they shouldn't have.

I think I might hold off on buying it until I read some reviews and if it has all the pc graphic preferences a modern game should have. Specifically a fov option.

It's apparently going to be a very limited closed beta test. I find it odd that a month ago they were calling the game an alpha and now a limited beta test and a release in little more than a month.

I hope the game is actually finished. So many shooters in the last year or two have turned out pretty bad when they shouldn't have.

I think I might hold off on buying it until I read some reviews and if it has all the pc graphic preferences a modern game should have. Specifically a fov option.

The term "beta" lost all of it's true meaning last generation. It's just another demo these days. The real testing goes on behind closed doors at Respawn.

Without a doubt the game will launch with issues.

The term "beta" lost all of it's true meaning last generation. It's just another demo these days. The real testing goes on behind closed doors at Respawn.

Without a doubt the game will launch with issues.

Yeah, I have hopes but also lots of doubts. On the other hand it's using the source engine which is tried and true and probably pretty easy to work with at this point so who knows how it'll go.

I am just not sold on it for my own personal gaming habits, the largest one being is I really do not play much MP at all these days, so would love to somehow be able to check out this beta to see if it makes me decide to get back into that world again or not. So will sign up when they allow people to do so and see if I somehow get lucky.

Seems the sign up site is open now.  But I can't get onto titanfall.com to check. 

Edit: Sign site is here: http://www.titanfall.com/beta

No idea if alpha testers get a free spot or not.

Edit 2: There's also this..

Completing this registration does not guarantee access into the Titanfall Beta as seats are limited. If you have been selected you will be emailed directly by EA with instructions on how to access the game no later than 11:59 PM PST on Feb 17th.
Origin Account required for PC Beta.

No word on what their criteria for being selected is though. If it's not first come first served then I'm not sure why they waited the entire day to open the site.

Edit 3: As far as Alpha testers go..they say this: We can't even acknowledge your existence, the alpha was top secret!

Not sure how to quote tweets.

• Like 2

Everyone is making me want to play it, but then I keep remembering it's MP only, so makes me sad.

Technically true. I thought you could go into matches against computer controlled bots as well?

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully get a few weekends worth of play and see if it's worth keep my pre-order.

Any idea how long the beta will last?