Wait... how do you get in? Or is it over already?

ends tonight.. Looks like MOST who got in, got in because they bought Battlefield 4. 

TitanFall (PC Version) is being released 13 March 2014.

All platforms are releasing simultaneously, 13th of March is just the Australian release date.

Damn North America getting those two extra days to learn enough to destroy me in matches! :(

As a PC gamer doing this sort of nonsense on compromise consoles is why I won't be buying it. It'll be a hobbled mess.

Consoles seem to generate more revenue for the companies so they cater to them more now which is a good business decision as game development keeps getting more expensive as time goes on.  For PC/Mac gaming it can be a little more difficult and time consuming due to the extended testing required vs the consoles all being the same hardware.  Will have to see how things progress over time, normally more player slots are added over time now if stability can be maintained.

As a PC gamer doing this sort of nonsense on compromise consoles is why I won't be buying it. It'll be a hobbled mess.

Because they are testing it it'll be a mess? or is it because they are releasing it on a platform you don't care for?

Either way, none of those reasons are proof of this game not running smoothly and stable on each platform.

Consoles are harder to pirate 

Consoles seem to generate more revenue for the companies so they cater to them more now which is a good business decision as game development keeps getting more expensive as time goes on.  For PC/Mac gaming it can be a little more difficult and time consuming due to the extended testing required vs the consoles all being the same hardware.  Will have to see how things progress over time, normally more player slots are added over time now if stability can be maintained.

Consoles have very little piracy rate, compared to PC, thats why games are more optimised for consoles.

Stopped by my friend house to play a few matches (he got in the TitanFall beta... And I managed to get Project Spark beta)

The game is totally frantic... Those who love to camp, you may not want to do that in this game. You have to always be moving.

My friend was bragging about the 15 vs 15 gameplay and such...I laughed and told him, that it was actually 6 vs 6 and the rest were AI...

He wouldn't believe me, until I showed him. He never noticed when queuing up, that it no never exceeded 6 vs 6.

Those who are nervous about the "cloud AI players", don't worry all is well. The NPC on your team are much smarter than the NPC characters that are run locally off a disc. Not once did I see the NPC players run to the same spot where the previous teammate was killed. Nor did I see a bunch of NPC characters "group together to be slaughtered" like you see in most FPS games.

I honestly was a bit surprised by AI and it's ability to learn and adapt to what's going on. I wonder if the AI, will be smarter than this during the Official version.

Respawn has a sure HIT with TF... Now let's hope they are smart enough to pay back EA, what they owe them and then get away from them sooner rather than later...

Those who are nervous about the "cloud AI players", don't worry all is well. The NPC on your team are much smarter than the NPC characters that are run locally off a disc. Not once did I see the NPC players run to the same spot where the previous teammate was killed. Nor did I see a bunch of NPC characters "group together to be slaughtered" like you see in most FPS games.

I honestly was a bit surprised by AI and it's ability to learn and adapt to what's going on. I wonder if the AI, will be smarter than this during the Official version.

Not sure if you saw the original posters video he runs into a room with about 6 AI and then he kills them all pretty easily. He was actually jumping around them and they weren't able to kill him.

The AI seem pretty clueless, same as any other game. But I think you only get 20 Points for a 'grunt' kill and more if you kill an actual player.

Not sure if you saw the original posters video he runs into a room with about 6 AI and then he kills them all pretty easily. He was actually jumping around them and they weren't able to kill him.

The AI seem pretty clueless, same as any other game. But I think you only get 20 Points for a 'grunt' kill and more if you kill an actual player.

I'm not very good at FPS games, which would explain a lot to me... My reaction time is extremely slow compared to others, in FPS...

I'm not very good at FPS games, which would explain a lot to me... My reaction time is extremely slow compared to others, in FPS...

I would imagine the cloud AI is probably getting better, and that's probably part of the point with the Alpha - it can't learn if there aren't players to learn from, so I would expect a video from immediately when the alpha started to maybe have had dumber AI than now, when they actually have a ton of data to feed into their algorithms.

Because they are testing it it'll be a mess? or is it because they are releasing it on a platform you don't care for?

Either way, none of those reasons are proof of this game not running smoothly and stable on each platform.

It's obvious their focus is not on the PC. Realistically it should be a PC only title and done right. The type of game and its scale are perfectly suited - and not suited at all for consoles. This will end up being another BF4. When you sell your soul for some quick console bucks your game becomes mediocre on all platforms.

• Like 1

Titanfall can and will be a hit. It's fun and fast paced.   It was only a Beta.  The game can and will get better.  This is a "connected world" we live in now.   So any annoyances, like AI and such can and will more than likely get fixed along the way.

For those hating, Titanfall's beta is better than CoD (which isn't hard for any game to do these days), better than BF4, and better than KillZone.. And definitely better than HAZE :woot:  :D  :woot: . And it's only a beta.  

I will be the first to admit, that I am FPS'd out.  But Titanfall is a game, that you will gravitate to.

HOWEVER::::::::

Respawn HAS to get away from EA by any means necessary.  Even if that means, them having to pay the heavy fines for breaking terms of agreement.

EA is all about a dollar.  And are blatant in the NOT TRYING department.  

EA will take Respawn's soul.  The crew at Respawn had to see this a mile away.  I know they needed the funds to get Titanfall where it needed to be, but they left Activision who bled them good.  And went to EA, the devil themselves...

I still sometimes want to cry, due to the fact they own Bioware now...

It's obvious their focus is not on the PC. Realistically it should be a PC only title and done right. The type of game and its scale are perfectly suited - and not suited at all for consoles. This will end up being another BF4. When you sell your soul for some quick console bucks your game becomes mediocre on all platforms.

Why is it not at all suited for consoles ? seems perfectly suited for me. and sure I'm sure they would love to throw away 60%+ of their sales so they could make a PC only game... that makes sense. 

For those hating, Titanfall's beta is better than CoD (which isn't hard for any game to do these days), better than BF4, and better than KillZone.. And definitely better than HAZE :woot:  :D  :woot: . And it's only a beta.  

I will be the first to admit, that I am FPS'd out.  But Titanfall is a game, that you will gravitate to.

But this is only true for you. just because you think it's a better game doesn't mean everyone else will. I will probably get this game when I get a XO. however I can already tell you I won't rank it higher than BF4. As a FPS combat game, for my personal style I prefer the bigger scale and team work of BF, where working together is a benefit and rewarded as opposed to this game which is mostly about being Rambo. And as a mech game it also fails for me, since the mechs are to fast and agile, they're just bigger skins for you acrobatic player. When I pilot a mech, I want to feel like I really control a multi ton death machine from hell. I want it to be slow to accelerate, I want to to properly stomp when it steps, basically it needs to feel big. these don't. just like that other mech game which is just Quake with  mech skins. 

So yeah, I'll be a fun game that I'll enjoy, but it's no BF4 or MWO. as for being better than CoD, of course, it's the same style of small scale rambo combat game, and a direct descendant by the original makers, not the guys who are merely repeating the formula of MW2 since they don't have the talent or guts to try something new. and the few times they did, they went the wrong way and ###### of the fans. 

Why is it not at all suited for consoles ? seems perfectly suited for me. and sure I'm sure they would love to throw away 60%+ of their sales so they could make a PC only game... that makes sense. 

Everyone and their cat knows consoles aren't the best for FPS. While it might not make sense financially to be a PC exclusive, you can't deny that the game would be superior gameplay-wise if it were. There's hardly any recoil in games these days and it's all streamlined bull****.

It's an FPS. They don't belong on consoles. Furthermore the "console first" idea has ended up ruining the entire genre on PCs too.

• Like 1

Why don't FPS belong on consoles ? because YOU think they are only playable with a mouse, while millions are happy playing them with a gamepad, not only that they play them good with a pad and even prefer it to a mouse. 

• Like 2

It's an FPS. They don't belong on consoles. Furthermore the "console first" idea has ended up ruining the entire genre on PCs too.

FPS's play best on PC. We get it.  But there's a problem, its called Piracy.  If  there is no way they are going to give PC a lions share and they not profit (and why should they)

But PC gaming revenue stream is not even close to consoles....  

"Console first" was/is NOT the defining factor of ruin for the genre on PC.  Piracy did that well before hand...

Support the "Master Race" by buying the games.  

There is also this false belief going around that consoles is the reason games have been simplified. which frankly isn't true. Game have been simplified because gamers want them that way. they don't want a separate button for each possible action when you can use one or two buttons that does it all depending on what you target when you click it. This isn't because of consoles, it's because gamers want it. This applies to all the parts of games that are simplified in modern games, it's simplified because it's modern because they are more streamlined. because game engines today are able to do so much more and do it more intelligently. Even PC focused devs have "simplified" games, even though it's not a good work for it. And as I said it's because hardware is better game design is better, game engines are better AND the gaming audience regardless of platform is MUCH bigger now than it was in the 90's, and they can't make a game for a core group of players who want games to be archaic early 90's games with modern graphics. there's no money in that, and it doesn't make sense. 

FPS's play best on PC. We get it.  But there's a problem, its called Piracy.  If  there is no way they are going to give PC a lions share and they not profit (and why should they)

But PC gaming revenue stream is not even close to consoles....  

"Console first" was/is NOT the defining factor of ruin for the genre on PC.  Piracy did that well before hand...

Support the "Master Race" by buying the games.  

All these falsehoods.

PC revenue will vastly better consoles if the game is done right.

The alpha of Day Z sold over a million copies in no time. It's a million miles from done but it's still great fun and suited to its platform.

Counter-Strike...you know that 15 yr old game...still gives BF4 a run for it's money in player numbers. Why? It was done right and suits the correct platform.

Valve also went another route with DOTA 2 and made it free to play with in game purchases. Regularly has half a million players online at any given time. Numbers a console could only dream of.

On the other hand if you do a ******** hidden console port of a game like Infinity Ward likes to to do you release your blockbuster only to find it has like 10,000 players barely 3 months after release. Ghosts has even less players than Black Ops 2...the preceding title. That doesn't mean consoles make more money...it just means the dev did a ****ty job.

• Like 1

CS runs on hardware from the early 2000s.... You're living in a bubble where you're over judging proof that supports your ideas and ignoring everything that doesn't fit with your ideal world. 

All these falsehoods.

PC revenue will vastly better consoles if the game is done right.

The alpha of Day Z sold over a million copies in no time. It's a million miles from done but it's still great fun and suited to its platform.

Counter-Strike...you know that 15 yr old game...still gives BF4 a run for it's money in player numbers. Why? It was done right and suits the correct platform.

Valve also went another route with DOTA 2 and made it free to play with in game purchases. Regularly has half a million players online at any given time. Numbers a console could only dream of.

On the other hand if you do a shittily hidden console port of a game like Infinity Ward likes to to do you release your blockbuster only to find it has like 10,000 players barely 3 months after release. Ghosts has even less players than Black Ops 2...the preceding title. That doesn't mean consoles make more money...it just means the dev did a ****ty job.

It means 95% of players bought cod on a console instead of PC.  Last time I logged in like 4 weeks after release on 360 it had over 400k players online.  DayZ would sell just as much or more as an alpha console version at a discount price like it is.  Counterstrike is the only FPS that's worth getting on the  PC because of mods. 

Look at the all time best selling charts. Theres only like 4 PC games in the top 100 and you gotta go to like 54 to find the first one.