Police Let Rampant Thieves Alone

Last updated at 03:00 Nov.13, Jinghua Daily, Beijing

1068664405_4Ga47b.jpg

Through this window office workers have shot stealing thieves time after time.

1068664405_5Ga47b.jpg

From summer to winter, DV has shot stealing thieves for many times

1068664405_6Ga47b.jpg

Thieves are rampant on an overbridge, but Chinese police turn a blind eye on them, cos police in the two concerned police stations all think the bridge is not the area that they should manage.

The weird phenomenon happens in Guotu Bridge, Haidian District, Beijing.

"Sometimes they cut off the belt of my satchel, and then steal it away." Some university men told reporter when they were asked.

Residents nearby also told reporter that these thieves target at nearby female students or female readers who come to library. The thieves would not dodge passersby, and if they could not make it, they would rob openly. Some office workers nearby have ever shot many pics of thieves when they were committing.

Why police let the rampant thieves alone?

Because the east of the bridge is ruled by Purple Bamboo Yard Police Station, while the west of the bridge ruled by Big Bell Police Station. They all think the bridge should be managed by the other side.

So victims cannot find any police who is willing to help them. In China, when you encounter any problem you might ring 110, which means Police Center for Emergency and promises if you call it police must come to help you. But in here, calling 110 is useless. No wonder helpless victims have to cry to heavens.

Translated by JB, the original article has been partly edited.

http://news.sina.com.cn/s/2003-11-13/03001...01107282s.shtml

Big shocker. Cops like that should let a big group of ppl come in a kick all their asses.

No excuse for this avoidance of work bulls*it. How hard could it really be to start nabbin these bastiges and put an end to it.

@SimplyPotatoes,

Yes, I'm now in China. :)

you should get outa there :/

2 bad it isnt that easy? no offense if u like it there, but after seeing all these things u post from china it seems as bad as everyone says :(

i wonder if i'll ever visit china should i bring my "redneck american arcenal of guns" to defend myself.

seeing as there are thieves everywhere around you.

at least in the Great US of A, we can defend ourself.

wow..surprised that the jurisdictional thing is still going on after its been so publicized, thats nuts.

Don't need to be surprised now, cos as soon as such a corruption has been publicised, Beijing police reacted immediately. At this moment they are investigating the derelict police who ignored victims. :)

See this link:

http://news.sina.com.cn/s/2003-11-14/21472138612.shtml

(The link above, last updated at 21:47 Nov.14)

ahh good news JB (Y)

though that link being entirely in Chinese  did not do me any good ;)

Do you want that news do you good?

Try:

(1) use translator software online, if you don't mind you may be screwed by that groggy translation.

Or,

(2) lemme tell you that good news all over smells political odor which is tasteless tho it can be counted as a good news. ;)

Try:

(1) use translator software online, if you don't mind you may be screwed by that groggy translation.

Or,

(2) lemme tell you that good news all over smells political odor which is tasteless tho it can be counted as a good news. ;)

alrighty then :laugh:

ahh good news JB (Y)

though that link being entirely in Chinese? did not do me any good;))

Try:

Or,

(2) lemme tell you that good news all over smells political odor which is tasteless tho it can be counted as a good news.;))

:rofl::