Community rules, warns and consequences updated

Neowin should have a system that autmatically that detects bad words and simple personal attack sentences and refuses to posts them. It would take some weight off of moderator shoulders.

Good idea, but the code for that would be almost impossible, as I could cleverly disguise my reply to be an attack, and a script wouldn't be able to pick it up.

That's unnecessarily strict and it also defeats the purpose of the warnings, which is to get members to change their behaviour.

I changed mine after a few warnings. Took things to personally.

The updated rules and points system for warns seem fair to me. Ideally it will make people think twice before posting. 

Neobond: Could we get an update on how the new system worked out a few months down the road?

The updated rules and points system for warns seem fair to me. Ideally it will make people think twice before posting. 

Neobond: Could we get an update on how the new system worked out a few months down the road?

Yep :) I also added the nag back into the editor, seems it was a bad idea to remove it. Will also add the Community Rules link.

Yes, after 90 days (per warning) old system was every 6 months = reduced by 20%. The old system will be wiped at some point, probably after 3 months because those points won't be auto reduced on the new system.

Ok, thanks for the response.

Hrmm I think you've approached this from the wrong angle, our video games, our education..bra sizes, .sometimes even our work teaches us to acquire points, higher the points the better things are for you...higher points, bigger numbers == bigger better prizes, yet in this bizzaire golf universe you I don't want to acquire points?? Just makes no damn sense and I took the red pill today

Yep :) I also added the nag back into the editor, seems it was a bad idea to remove it. Will also add the Community Rules link.

I always think an editor nag is a good idea, on the old forum i moderated for my old job I put a nag that included a link to the rules for that sub forum and made the post button require a checkbox saying you agreed to it because i had a zero tolerance policy, you break the rules you are banned no questions.

• 1 year later...
  • Steven P. unpinned this topic