Top Browsers Per Country from 1 to 30 June 2013

Wow, i must be the only who still doesn't use Chrome :laugh:

Nope, I use and love Firefox and, after trying Chrome many times over the past few years, so no reason to change :)
  • Like 2

i use both firefox and chrome. have never really liked opera, their engine has always just felt slow to me compared to everything else

I've got Chrome installed, but at the end of the day Firefox is my go-to browser. Too many extensions that I've become reliant upon. I guess I'm one of the 25.14%.

I am using Internet explorer 9 everyday. Did you remember EU and Opera sued MS for Browsers Wars? I feel bad for EU has tiny brain, because Opera wants to be more popular in the world, but it already failed.   EU should not fined MS for over billions dollars a few months ago, so they can sue Google's Chrome in first place!

StatCounter measures page-hits, not unique visitors. Since Chrome users (and to an extent, Firefox users) literally live in the Internet, it is bound to have very large no of page-hits.

• Like 1

I use Internet Explorer and I'm not planning to move anytime soon to another browser. Anyway, I don't trust GlobalStats way of counting either. China is, according to them, as large as Belgium (they both have the same influence on the stats)! I don't understand either why 1 user can count multiple times (they count page views). 

• Like 1

I am using Internet explorer 9 everyday. Did you remember EU and Opera sued MS for Browsers Wars? I feel bad for EU has tiny brain, because Opera wants to be more popular in the world, but it already failed.   EU should not fined MS for over billions dollars a few months ago, so they can use Google's Chrome in first place!

Slightly different situation, if memory serves me right. Microsoft got in trouble because IE came bundled with the OS and didn't inform people of other options available to them. For Chrome and Firefox (and the other ones) you need to voluntarily download the browser to use it.

I am so sorry, my mispell word changed use to sue.  "EU should not fined MS for over billions dollars a few months ago, so they can sue Google's Chrome in first place!"

I am so sorry, my mispell word changed use to sue.  "EU should not fined MS for over billions dollars a few months ago, so they can sue Google's Chrome in first place!"

Changing the word doesn't change the difference though. ;)

You can't sue Google for having a majority marketshare because that marketshare was won due to the customer's choice. Or at least, my reasoning works if I was correct about why Microsoft were sued for IE. I'm going to go and check to make sure.

EDIT: This article seems to agree with me. It was about choice, so Google could not be sued for offering Chrome.

EDIT 2: Wait, I just understood what you meant with "EU should not fined MS for over billions dollars a few months ago, so they can use Google's Chrome in first place!"

But still, MS should have been sued for breaking the deal with the EU, and Google cannot be sued for the same reasons.

You can't sue Google for having a majority marketshare because that marketshare was won due to the customer's choice.

That's only partially correct. Google Chrome is pushed heavly on google.com and more importantly it is the default browser on many systems (Dell and Sony in my own experience). I can't remember the last time I was not asked to install Chrome on google.com when I went there with IE10/11 and Firefox (my browsers of choice).

That's only partially correct. Google Chrome is pushed heavly on google.com and more importantly it is the default browser on many systems (Dell and Sony in my own experience). I can't remember the last time I was not asked to install Chrome on google.com when I went there with IE10/11 and Firefox (my browsers of choice).

True, but you are still being informed that there are choices available to you, aren't you? With Dell and Sony, you get Windows which comes with IE, but they also bundle in Chrome (not sure why, but hey ho). When you visit Google.com you are being told that Google Chrome is available, but you are not obligated to install it. That is why Microsoft got fined, they bundled it with the OS and for the most part didn't inform users that there were other options available to them.

At least, that's my understanding. Like I said, my memory might have muddled things up a bit over time.

You can't sue Google for having a majority marketshare because that marketshare was won due to the customer's choice. Or at least, my reasoning works if I was correct about why Microsoft were sued for IE. I'm going to go and check to make sure.

What? I'm sorry but it's Chrome that get pushed if you visit Google.com with any browser, it's Chrome that installes itself as part of thousands of programs. Google Chrome is acting like malware. And then you say IE's way was unfair? Chrome is worser. And if it isn't installed on one of those ways, it's done by Google-fanboys that force their family to use another browser they're not used to use. So, "customer's choice"? No, I don't think so.

True, but you are still being informed that there are choices available to you, aren't you? With Dell and Sony, you get Windows which comes with IE, but they also bundle in Chrome (not sure why, but hey ho). When you visit Google.com you are being told that Google Chrome is available, but you are not obligated to install it. That is why Microsoft got fined, they bundled it with the OS and for the most part didn't inform users that there were other options available to them.

Does Google notes you that there are other options available as soon as you use their browser? On Android and pre-installs on Windows (most of the time, all IE shortcuts are removed when Chrome is pre-installed). Why is Google not fined? They do EXACTLY the same thing.

I love Chrome for its extensions and how easy they are. I used to use themes but since went back to default. My only annoyance is why does it need to split itself into a dozen separate processes? Oh well, I love how it syncs between my Android phone and tablet too.

post-350302-0-11850400-1373221705.png

I love Chrome for its extensions and how easy they are. I used to use themes but since went back to default. My only annoyance is why does it need to split itself into a dozen separate processes? Oh well, I love how it syncs between my Android phone and tablet too.e 

its inherent in the design of chrome, each tab and extension is its own process, they are sandboxed and cannot bring down the whole browser. Sure it uses more RAM, but hey its designed to be effective, and effective it sure is! Also the cross platform sync features are unrivaled. Chrome isn't "malware" as some trolls here call it, they need to stop spreading FUD and learn to get a life. Chrome is popular because its easy to use out of the box, convenient and keeps up to date. Haters gonna Hate.

What? I'm sorry but it's Chrome that get pushed if you visit Google.com with any browser, it's Chrome that installes itself as part of thousands of programs. Google Chrome is acting like malware. And then you say IE's way was unfair? Chrome is worser. And if it isn't installed on one of those ways, it's done by Google-fanboys that force their family to use another browser they're not used to use. So, "customer's choice"? No, I don't think so.

Does Google notes you that there are other options available as soon as you use their browser? On Android and pre-installs on Windows (most of the time, all IE shortcuts are removed when Chrome is pre-installed). Why is Google not fined? They do EXACTLY the same thing.

and even more, why is apple not fined? they do the exact same thing on OSX and they force other browsers to be gimped on iOS

http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-daily-20130601-20130630-map

Take a look at this.  I was like what?!!!!!!!!!!!! Google's Chrome is still king! I am sure that EU and Opera would sue Google for anti-trust one day. I see that Opera has gone to unpopular in the world now.

Did you remember EU and Opera sued MS for Browsers Wars?

"Opera Software did not sue Microsoft. Opera Software reported to the EC that Microsoft seemed to be breaking the law, and the EC agreed."

Microsoft/EU antitrust case: It's not just about bundling!:

http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/2009/01/19/eu

Why does Opera get all the credit? Mozilla and Google complained too!

http://business.opera.com/press/releases/general/consumers-win-in-the-eu-case-against-microsoft

---

Did everyone forget that the complaint was also about web standards?

"The complaint describes how Microsoft is abusing its dominant position by tying its browser, Internet Explorer, to the Windows operating system and by hindering interoperability by not following accepted Web standards."

http://business.opera.com/press/releases/general/opera-files-antitrust-complaint-with-the-eu

"Currently, Microsoft is bundling their browser with the dominant desktop operating system. This would not have been a problem in itself if Microsoft did not actively undermine open standards. Basically, Microsoft's position in the browser market allows it to lock people to their proprietary technologies."

http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/microsoft-antitrust

"Opera has filed a formal complaint with the European Commission to force Microsoft to support open Web standards in its Web browser, Internet Explorer."

http://people.opera.com/howcome/2007/msft/

"In addition, the Commission is concerned that the ubiquity of Internet Explorer creates artificial incentives for content providers and software developers to design websites or software primarily for Internet Explorer which ultimately risks undermining competition and innovation in the provision of services to consumers."

---

and even more, why is apple not fined? they do the exact same thing on OSX and they force other browsers to be gimped on iOS

I know the answer was from a long time ago, but here you go:

Q: But Opera is bundled on various devices. Doesn't that make Opera Software a hypocrite?

A: Bundling software in itself is not the problem. The problem with Internet Explorer is that Microsoft has used its strong position in the market to stifle competition.

Q: But Apple bundles Safari/Ubuntu bundles Firefox, etc.?

A: See above. Bundling in itself is not a problem, but it becomes a problem when a dominant player in the market uses bundling in combination with other tactics to prevent others from competing in the market.

Please note that Safari and Firefox are very good at standards compliance. If they didn't have to deal with MSIE compatibility, they (and Opera) could have spent even more time on improving their standards support.

http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/microsoft-antitrust

According to that position, forcing "other browsers to be gimped on iOS" is a problem because it prevents "others from competing in the market".

Chrome isn't "malware" as some trolls here call it, they need to stop spreading FUD and learn to get a life.

Are you aware that when installing popular software, Chrome is bundled by default, just like toolbars were bundled years ago? By employing this sneaky tactic, Chrome acts like malware.

Are you aware that when installing popular software, Chrome is bundled by default, just like toolbars were bundled years ago? By employing this sneaky tactic, Chrome acts like malware.

haha, get over it, chrome isn't malware, come on.... stop spreading FUD.

haha, get over it, chrome isn't malware, come on.... stop spreading FUD.

While he's being dramatic, you're being a drone. Bundling software in with other software in a sneaky manner like Google does with Chrome is an unsavoury practice. I go to get the latest version of Flash and if I don't uncheck the box conveniently checked for me under the download button, I end up with Chrome on my system. That is annoying.