IE 11 Auto Zoom - AHHHH

Any way to make IE 11 on 8.1 not change my text size automatically - especially as I move a window from one monitor to the other?  I have two monitors - same resolution - however the physical dimensions are different.  Windows 8.1 thinks the text should be zoomed on the smaller physical footprint.  I went in to the display settings and turned that off - both monitors now have 100% as the setting for "size of all items".  However, IE still thinks it should zoom text automatically and then decrease zoom when back on the other monitor.  So when I'm viewing something at 100% on the one and go the other way it sets it to 125%.  I turn it back - and then if I move the window to the other monitor it goes to 80% zoom.  Gak.  Any way to tell IE to stop doing that? 

I don't understand your issue with IE 11. Could you provide a screenshot?

• 2 months later...

Well - RTM in no way resolved this issue.  I have two screens - my laptop screen which is 1920x1080.  My external monitor is also this resolution.  Because the laptop screen is physically smaller, Windows 8.1 thought I would want a scaled up DPI.  I definitely do not.  So I went in to the DPI settings and selected "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and set it to 100%.  That part works great.

However, IE 11 still thinks I want it to zoom based on what monitor it is displayed on.  If I open it on the laptop it starts out as 125% zoom.  If I move it over to the external it automatically zooms to 100%.  Back to the laptop and it goes back up to 125%.  If I put it back at 100% on the laptop and then move to the external it zooms down to 80%.  Very annoying.  I want it to stay at 100% no matter which monitor it is on.  Can't figure out how though.  Windows 8 did not do this.  8.1 is trying to be more helpful.  It is not appreciated :)

• 5 weeks later...