24: Live Another Day

yeah, I noticed that next week's episode is one hour, then the final covers 10 hours!  Should be interesting nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacks rage on Cheng was epic!! AND that ending....I seriously was thinking based on that article a few weeks ago from the writers that Jack was going to end up dead, but now so many possibilities.

Edit

Anyone notice they never showed that scene from the previews of Jack saving chloe from the explosions, where was that. Wondering if they changed something half way through the season

Jacks rage on Cheng was epic!! AND that ending....I seriously was thinking based on that article a few weeks ago from the writers that Jack was going to end up dead, but now so many possibilities.

Edit

Anyone notice they never showed that scene from the previews of Jack saving chloe from the explosions, where was that. Wondering if they changed something half way through the season

That scene was purely shot for promo I believe. 

I can't believe it's over just like that.  I was kind of hoping the last episode would have been 2 hours, but since it moved forward 12 hours after everything was resolved with the crisis, it makes sense that you didn't need another whole hour in the program.  I wonder if there will be anything else.  Heck, they could almost keep the show going with Strahovski; she was good.

So did Jack die this time? Did he save the world? Did he ever smile and/or crack a joke? Did he shoot 35 random dudes in every episode? Did he pull a Liam Neeson?

Anyone else think they changed the ending based on fan reactions to it being back on. I really really thought based on the interviews before this season (check back to the beginning of this thread) that Jack would die. Who knows maybe they had a few endings planned, but this one has less closure than the last season

I thought if they wanted to please fans, they would have had Jack boarding AF1 with President Heller and headed back to the US. It would be awesome if a season 10 was in a new city's CTU or an improved LA CTU with Jack in charge of field ops. Or I don't know if it's far fetched but the Russians could be facing a crisis and they enlist Jack to avert it in exchange his for release.

I can't believe it's over just like that.  I was kind of hoping the last episode would have been 2 hours, but since it moved forward 12 hours after everything was resolved with the crisis, it makes sense that you didn't need another whole hour in the program.  I wonder if there will be anything else.  Heck, they could almost keep the show going with Strahovski; she was good.

I'm already waiting for another season. This one was so good, yet over so fast...

This season was awful, I watched it all in the space of two days. The writing was pathetic.

Funny how it was awful and pathetic but you watched all 12 episodes. ;-)

If I find a show awful I rarely watch more than 1 episode. Even acclaimed shows like Mike nad Molly and Modern Family never caught on for me after 1 episode. I guess to each his own. :-)

So, there is an actual 24 Panel at Comic Con, I wonder if they are gonna announce anything. haha

They're still in talks about a movie. Nothing about a season 10 yet.

24 star Kiefer Sutherland and director Jon Cassar took the stage at Ballroom 20 during Comic-Con in San Diego today to talk about 24: Live Another Day and reflect on the series as a whole. The final question during the fan Q&A addressed the possibility of a24 movie. From what Jon Cassar says, it sounds like Jack Bauer may reach the big screen after all, but we?ll probably have to wait for it. 

When Jon Cassar was asked if he?d direct a 24 movie, his response first addressed how vastly different TV is from movies, but say that the 24 movie is "still potentially out there, so that?s good news." And then he added that it?s really down the line. He didn?t elaborate much beyond that, other than to express interest in directing if the opportunity arose.

Funny how it was awful and pathetic but you watched all 12 episodes. ;-)

If I find a show awful I rarely watch more than 1 episode. Even acclaimed shows like Mike nad Molly and Modern Family never caught on for me after 1 episode. I guess to each his own. :-)

I continued to watch it because I was off work and the weather was terrible so I didn't have a lot else to do and I put it on in the background whilst doing other things I have seen every other season so wanted to ensure I had watched it until the end. Plus it was only 8 hours long or so without the adverts.

• 4 weeks later...

First Photo of Tony Almeida in 24: Solitary

24-Solitary-Tony-Almeida-Carlos-Bernard.

24: Solitary is an upcoming 7 minute ?story extension? exclusive to the 24: Live Another Day Blu-Ray set. It features the return of fan favorite character Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard).

Tony was last seen in the 24 Season 7 finale when he was taken into custody for the attempted murder of Alan Wilson (the man responsible for his wife Michelle?s death). Solitary reveals that he?s been in prison for over five years.

In the photo above you can see that Tony Almeida has longer hair, a scruffy beard, and is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Actor Barry Livingston plays the Prison Administrator and actress Michelle C. Bonilla will be playing U.S. Attorney Vanessa Diaz.

This project was filmed in Los Angeles on June 30th and reunites some of the old 24 crew ? cinematographer Guy Skinner, production designer Carlos Osorio, and prop master Sterling Rush. It was written by Adam DaSilva and directed by Jordan Goldman.

The short is being produced by Bagg Street Productions and is curiously described as an ?exclusive bridge scene? on their website. Could this be bridging the gap between Live Another Day and a possible Day 10?

You?ll be able to watch this featurette when the Blu-Ray edition of 24: Live Another Day launches on September 30th