Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge - August '13

Welcome to the Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge!

This month's challenge closes on the 24th August.

The entered photos will be collected into a single thread with a poll, these will be voted on by everyone.

As last month's winner, abysal, has chosen this month's theme: "Reflection"

It can be interpreted in many ways, there isn't only one definition of reflection.

If an image is not submitted using the sites listed, it will NOT be accepted for the competition, the EXIF data is required for proof of entry

FAQ

Q: What is the current challenge?

A: The current challenge is in the thread title

Q: What are the rules for posting?

A:

• Photos must be taken in the time frame of that theme (So in the case of March, from today (24th February) to the 24th March. Submission must be on a website that conserves EXIF data).
  • Spam will be deleted as per the forum rules, such as photos for sale.
  • The rest of the forum rules still apply.
  • One picture per theme.
  • Post your photo as a reply to this thread
Q: What sites are permitted for submission?

A:

• Flickr
  • Picasa
  • min.us
  • smugmug
  • playlookit.com
  • 500px.com
  • DeviantArt.com
  • Google Plus
Q: Does Neowin get any rights to my images if I post them?

A: Not at all! The only rights Neowin get are simply to say you won and may post it to the front page with full accreditation.

Q: Can Staff/MVC/Veteran/Other Group enter?

A: Yes!

Q: I have a question not answered here!

A: PM me!

Quite lucky on this one, was out with the family yesterday and managed to take a single shot that can fall into this...

9459514231_1f2d5a9b8a_z.jpg

Camera Nikon D5100 Exposure 0.001 sec (1/2000) Aperture f/5.6 Focal Length 46 mm Focal Length 46.2 mm ISO Speed 500

Quite lucky on this one, was out with the family yesterday and managed to take a single shot that can fall into this...

Camera Nikon D5100 Exposure 0.001 sec (1/2000) Aperture f/5.6 Focal Length 46 mm Focal Length 46.2 mm ISO Speed 500

Pretty cool!

Healthy bump, c'mon people!

1 week in, 2 and a half weeks left. I was hoping I might win won month with something but I don't want to win because I was the only one to enter :(

You sure were. I like that one. I like this theme. I have a bunch I could use already from the weekend, but I think I'll hold out for now.

You sure were. I like that one. I like this theme. I have a bunch I could use already from the weekend, but I think I'll hold out for now.

I can't believe we are pretty much half way through with no more entries. I suspect it being the summer may have something to do with it and a lot of people are on their holidays etc.

I can't believe we are pretty much half way through with no more entries. I suspect it being the summer may have something to do with it and a lot of people are on their holidays etc.

Yeah only one entry :/   Must post mine!

Just waiting still. I haven't processed any of the shots I took this weekend. There were a couple I wanted to see for entering. I hopefully won't forget this time.

Just waiting still. I haven't processed any of the shots I took this weekend. There were a couple I wanted to see for entering. I hopefully won't forget this time.

I'll be uploading one sometime, just need to pull my finger out and do something.

Aight get to it both of ya!

Fine, but I've got 10 days to find something better, haha. I wanted to use my car but I haven't gotten anything that I really like yet. This one was cool though, caught a stream on the way down.

9508003903_a30cb2eac3_z.jpg

On the plus, I think my photography/post processing skills have increased quite a bit recently, so hopefully I start getting more quality shots. Still learning this camera.

Having a nice fancy camera certainly allows for a little more flexibility with somethings but you don't need it to take a great photo. 

How does one post a flicker link please?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100283127@N06/

When you post, there is a little tool for posting pic's as long as you have the URL to the picture itself.

Untitled.png

Nice car and nice shot.

You've captured the sky and clouds beautifully there.

Thanks, my car is the subject of most of my pictures. :laugh:

Having a nice fancy camera certainly allows for a little more flexibility with somethings but you don't need it to take a great photo. 

When you post, there is a little tool for posting pic's as long as you have the URL to the picture itself.

Untitled.png

Yep know all about that ta but I cant seem to get a valid link from google+ or flickr the later says use the 365d86d29dc9ece5eea8d6f5034eb817.png shortcut but it doesnt appear to show a direct link

Oh I see, sorry, didn't mean to think so little of you!

I see it's hosted on Flickr so if you go to your photo stream and select the image, it should open it to a more detailed view etc. Then if you right click you get options to view in a specific size, I pick Medium, from there then you can right click and should be able to get the Image URL.

Not sure if there is an easier way but that's how i have done it.

this is yours...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5328/9508574415_277d500f5c_c.jpg

I'm going to try and upload mine through Picasa, see if that works, as I already have an account there.

DSC_0089.jpg

The link I get from Google+ shows the picture but not the EXIF info. I have this link here for that, which goes to the folder.

Camera NIKON D3100 Focal Length 30 mm Exposure 1/80 F Number f/5 ISO 100