[icons] CrystalMX

Well, it's done.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this project, and special thanks to elverado for creating Crystal icons in the first place! ;)

CrystalMX is a combination of the original Crystal icon set and the new Crystal SVG set. The icons have been re-named and re-organized to make better sense for Windows users, and are sorted by style and function. The set also contains dozens of custom additions made by me, including icons for virtually every file type commonly used. The icons are available in the following sizes: 16,24,32,48,64,72, and 128.

Thanks to hush66's excellent avi's, and Fizical's hacking, a shell32 is also available for download. The only version currently available is for WinXP Pro, SP1, 6.0.2800.1233. Also available is a shdocvw.dll, version 6.0.2800.1203. Fizical is currently working on other system files and I will post them as they are made available. Finally, I am making the file types template available, so that anyone can easily create their own file type icons - the template is a 72 layer .psd which I used to create most of the custom file type icons.

So, here are the files:

The complete icon set

shell32.dll and shdocvw.dll

file types template (psd)

I have also created a crystalMX homepage, which will be updated as new files are made available, here: crystalMX website

Last but not least, here is a quick preview (click to enlarge)

sample-small.jpg

Well, that's it for now. I'll post back here (and update the crystalMX website) when more files are available, but in the meantime, enjoy the icons!! :D

I know i don't post often, i don't know if this has been stated and i don't want to be a jerk, but i couldn't help but notice FOOOD's icandy icons included in the set

is that normal

other than that it is super sweet

I know i don't post often, i don't know if this has been stated and i don't want to be a jerk, but i couldn't help but notice FOOOD's icandy icons included in the set

is that normal

other than that it is super sweet

Actually, foood contributed to the original Crystal set (and SVG, I believe) and therefore his contributions are covered under the LGPL, as are the rest of the Crystal icons. However, I did email him just to make sure he didn't have any issues with me using his icons in my set, and he was kind enough to give me permission (as did Steve Smith at deviantART with his mIRC icon) ... anyway, that's why I specifically mention foood in the readme, I pretty much cut and pasted that part of the readme from the email he sent me ...

;)

But, a good question nonetheless.

other files are done. just waiting for mavis to give me info on where to upload and then i guess you will all be able to download it as soon as mavis has had a look at it and made any changes is any. anyway im off to bed now, its 2:05pm, damn tired, been up all nite! dont worry not working on this. any complaints with the other files let me know. as i said in the other wip topic all files should be latest versions. anything missing let myself or mavis know so it can get patched up.

Cheers

Fizical

hey dreamweaverN sorry about that. i didnt make that file so i had no control over what version was used but thanx for bringing that to my attention. looks like i'll have to make a replacement of that file for the latest version. will only take a couple seconds. but i think you'll have to wait for mavis to get to me about uploading and till mavis has got it ready for everyone else to download.anyway will do the latest version of that file now.

cheers

Fizical

*** update ***

file done! =)

Edited by Fizical

hey dreamweaverN sorry about that.  i didnt make that file so i had no control over what version was used but thanx for bringing that to my attention.  looks like i'll have to make a replacement of that file for the latest version.  will only take a couple seconds. but i think you'll have to wait for mavis to get to me about uploading and till mavis has got it ready for everyone else to download.anyway will do the latest version of that file now.

cheers

Fizical

*** update ***

file done! =)

Sorry guys, I am the one who hacked the shdocvw.dll, I guess mine was out of date ... :blush: lol

Anyway, check your PMs Fizical - I just sent you details on FTP access to my host, as soon as the files are uploaded I'll post links to them here, and update the crystalMX website ... oh and thanks again for taking care of that for me, I appreciate it (as I'm sure everyone else will too) ... ;)

uploaded guys.. hopefully all goes smoothly :) enjoy it. any problems i will try to address sunday nite when i return home but i will be mighty busy organising my tickets to china :D

cheers

Fizical

uploaded guys.. hopefully all goes smoothly :) enjoy it.  any problems i will try to address sunday nite when i return home but i will be mighty busy organising my tickets to china :D

cheers

Fizical

ok guys, I just got Fizical's .dll pack downloaded, and I will be posting links to it later on today. The files are:

explorer.exe

iexplore.exe

msimn.exe

wmplayer.exe

mshtml.dll

msoeres.dll

mstask.dll

mydocs.dll

netshell.dll

occache.dll

shdocvw.dll

shimgvw.dll

url.dll

webcheck.dll

wiashext.dll

zipfldr.dll

+ 16 .cpl files

Wow. A lot of files - I'm looking forward to getting these installed - thanks again, Fizical!!

Anyway, I'll be posting a link to these files later today ... :D

hey guys if there is anything in those files you feel i've missed please let me know. i wanted to get them to you asap! i know there are a couple of files with some small .avi files that i couldnt replace because that .avi file had not been made by hush. i have based my replaced icons on other packs including those files since atleast i know that i cant go wrong by doing the same as another pack. but in most cases i replaced more icons. anyway let me know of any problems and i will be happy to do whatever i can! :)

now i really gotta get ready for this weekend break :)

Cheers!

Fizical

I searched the forum. could not find a HOWTO

how can i edit my shell32 myself?

thx :alien:

Hey mate, this is simple thing to do :) just a reminder tho in just about every shell replacement pack there is posted on this board there has been some1 asking for this information and has has been given so just be careful of the flamers out there :)

Check this post out! for the replacer program that u will need and my very quick explaination. if you need more help please follow it up in that post and im sure people will help you :)