[icons] CrystalMX

You also need to clear your icon cache after changing your files. Go into display properties and change to 16 bit color then change back to 32 bit. You should definitely see some changes is you replaced all the system files correctly.

OK guys - my site should be back up now, with all files available for download (thanks to chooseyourvoice.com for hosting the main bandwidth hog!!) lol

Anyway, it seems my host is in the process of changing their IP addresses, so if your ISP hasn't updated their DNS stuff (??) you may not be able to access everything just yet. My apologies. :(

edit: I just discovered that my site is currently accessable only if you omit the "www." from the address. In other words, to get to my site, click the pic in my sig ;) What a pain in the a$$ my host is turning out to be. lol

Edited by mavis

I can't believe the timing of this, lol. I've checked into why my site is sporadically unavailable, and found out that my host's DNS servers are pointing to my site incorrectly, only one of the servers has the correct information. That's why SOME of you can access my site, and others cannot. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've suplied them with all the information they should need, and sent a support ticket - so, they should have the problem fixed soon (hopefully within 12 hours of this post) ...

Again, I apologize - I've never had any problems with my host before, but things have been all messed up lately - so, I'm sorry. But it *should* be fixed very soon.

:D

For those who are interested:

I've just updated the crystalMX IconPackager theme, you can get it here:

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=2&SkinID=1074

Most main file type icons are now included in the theme, and all the icons now have 256 color versions (for Win98/2K users) ... :D I also added 56x56 format for all start panel icons, so they scale better in WinXP. Click HERE to see the new start panel icons, as included in the IP theme ...

Anyway, that's it for now. Enjoy! :D

This rocks man. :)

I just rebuilt my PC and installed this pack.

I now have everyone asking me to do there's.

Now that gives me an idea. :shifty:

How much should I charge ? $50 or $100 :whistle:

With all credit going to you of course mavis

These are system files, meant to replace the default ones on your Win XP. You'll need a program like Replacer.

Yeah, you need to replace your default system files like shell32.dll, etc ...

Or, you can use IconPackager to apply the icons, I made an IP theme here: http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=2&SkinID=1074

IMO, you're better off just replacing the files like hush66 said, although using IconPackager is a bit simpler. :)

This rocks man. :)

I just rebuilt my PC and installed this pack.

I now have everyone asking me to do there's.

Now that gives me an idea. :shifty:

How much should I charge ? $50 or $100 :whistle:

With all credit going to you of course mavis

Credit?? I get "credit"?

I'll tell you what sounds better: you can take the credit, and then send me 50% of the money you make ... ;)

:D

• 1 month later...