Sony @ Gamescom 2013

scaryrobots, on 20 Aug 2013 - 13:24, said:

I absolutely HATE all the exclusive stuff. It's so bad for gamers. Sony and MS really **** us with that stuff.

Every generation has been that way.

That was an example only.

AAA is relative. What is AAA for you maybe not be for me. To me Capybara's Below is AAA material. For some the next Call of Duty title is AAA. While i can't deny the fact CoD new titles are technically great games to be honest i don't see what's so great about them (the first CoD was awesome).

To me an indie game like Rogue Legacy is far more AAA than any of the big titles made by EA and Ubi Soft in the last year. So if by AAA you meant anything EA, Ubi Soft and such then i have to disagree. An indie game has as much chance as being AAA than anything generic EA, Ubi Soft and such are making these days.

You're so wrong haha "AAA" is operationally defined in the gaming industry "big budget game on major platforms". Therefore those "big titles made by EA and Ubi Soft", while generic and uninspiring, are the definition of "AAA". There is no "relativity" about it.. a quick google search would have saved you time.

November 15th!

32 countries

well.. not exactly.  Nov 15 for North America, and the 32 countries was "Holidays"

Pretty sure I will be picking up both..and if my bonus is good enough Ill prob pick up a Vita as well... havent had a good mobile gaming device since my DS lite.

Hmm, well I was bit let down that there wasn't a new AAA title announced.

But now we have a date and that's a good enough for me.

They focused a lot on indies here, which is fine, but its clear they want to trumpet that point.

Now I have to look at both launch lineups and decide what I'm going to pre-order. Right now my personal choices are leaning to the X1 since it has more games I want at launch, but I will have a PS4 at some point if I don't pre-order it.

Its a tough call honestly, I like both.  I think the competition next gen is even closer than this gen.

• Like 1

No October release. Well that sucks. I wonder what Microsoft is going to do now.

Change nothing about their release date, regardless of what Sony did!?  I know they've changed things regarding policies, but the release have to be planned with vendors etc, not as easy as flipping the "no kinect" or "no 24 hour check-in" switches.

EU on Nov. 29th I believe; that's not bad actually, in comparison to how things looked with the PS3 back then which didn't even release the same year.

Quite impressive though, and I laughed at the Microsoft jab. Stay classy, Sony hahah.

Also, not sure why anyone would expect them to release in October, as I don't recall any company releasing in that month... ??

EU on Nov. 29th I believe; that's not bad actually, in comparison to how things looked with the PS3 back then which didn't even release the same year.

Quite impressive though, and I laughed at the Microsoft jab. Stay classy, Sony hahah.

Oh yeah and why not?  Sony sees that stoking the fanboy fires is in their favor right now.  It was funny.

Oh yeah and why not?  Sony sees that stoking the fanboy fires is in their favor right now.  It was funny.

Hey, I'm all for it lol! I get a big kick out of seeing people get butthurt over nothing. Sony just dropped the mic. :P

Realistically though, I'm glad we have such strong competition this year. Microsoft has made some key changes thanks to their fan base as well as taking note of what Sony's up to. This has been a great great year for gamers I feel. :D