Gamecube and Gamecube 2

Yeah, that panasonic gamecube is SWEET... plays dvd, both NTSC and PAL (US and Japan) games.. It may even prevent inherited hair loss :D

But it costs big bucks =\

Will anyone be buying the next Gamecube (2)? I have a gamecube now and personaly, I think it's the best out of al the consoles. the XBOX is 100% crap (all offence to bill gates and microsoft), the PS2 is pretty good, but I love the gamecube.

whats your opinion on the Gamecube and will you be buying the gamecube 2?

This thread was obviously started by a 9 year old girl. The XBOX is 100% crap??? Have you ever played one? Even your little cartoon Mario games would look better on it!

I htink it was more expensive than ps2 and xbox at launch, but it has a much much better dvd player in it. Cycling Platypus.... that was the absolute worst way to make your point..

I will be buying the latest from Nintendo just like always, seems from what I gather they are really going to step it up, but it won't be my only system as I might pick up either the xbox 2 or ps3 too.

This thread was obviously started by a 9 year old girl.  The XBOX is 100% crap???  Have you ever played one?  Even your little cartoon Mario games would look better on it!

Agreed :D

BTW, I think the Qube (not Q) retailed in Japan at an estimated $500US.. I don't remember the exact number, but I remember it was too high for me to throw :)

Edited by HellBender

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=1575&

:)

(generic statement: No the GC is not a kiddy console and can hold up graphically to the xbox, atleast play the good games before commenting people)

I was close :happy:

Although.. As far as raw power goes, xbox beats out Gamecube by a mile. It's up to the developers to harness that power.. Many dont, but there are some really pretty games for the X that blow the squarepants off anything Gamecube can push out.

And, just to stirr the pot a bit more.. PS2 OWNS! :yes:

I was close :happy:

Although.. As far as raw power goes, xbox beats out Gamecube by a mile. It's up to the developers to harness that power.. Many dont, but there are some really pretty games for the X that blow the squarepants off anything Gamecube can push out.

And, just to stirr the pot a bit more.. PS2 OWNS! :yes:

And what games actually harness the powers of the X-Box? Are you telling me that Metroid Prime and Resident Evil have bad graphics? Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. :geek:

LOL, well gamecube is phucking awsome if ur in the range of 9 - 15. MAybe thats why you like it :)?

uhm and acually with modded xbox u can do about everything. Play all the games from the old consoles, watch any kind of format of movies and

listen to mp3s. So its definatly not 100% crap like u said.

Im 21 and i love it....

Ok, the perception of GameCube as being a "kiddie console" most likely stems from comments made from Nintendo execs (and mr. yamaguchi, i have no idea if that's his last name..the mario guy, lol) saying that they won't release excessively mature games like GTA or the like because of the consoles audience and a committment to wholesome family entertainment, yadda yadda yadda. As a result, gamers who love the mayhem in a game like GTA are naturally turned away.

I've always bought other systems and ended up selling them. But at home I have a Nintendo, a Super Nintendo, a Gameboy, a GPA SP, and a Gamecube. My N64 I let a relative borrow, but I do have one.

The only system I have by another company is the Dreamcast. So yeah, I'll buy whatever Nintedno puts out next. The Playstation has always had boring games and looked terrible, the PS 2 still looks bad and has insane load times, the XBox ... yeah no. I already have a computer to play emulations on, and my USB controller is a lot more comfortable.

If you liek games for games and have been in it for more than 5 years there is an 80% chance you have a gamecube, if not higher. I think that nintendo and its 2nd parties put out some of the best games ever made. But if nintendo doesn't smarten up, i will wait for a price drop the next round of consoles. There is no chance that i wont get a nintendo system as theyw il always be no. 1 in my heart. but i woudl rather be abled to get the best of 3rd party games when hte come out if nintendo has a weak lineup out the gate. Like as much as i loved ssbm that was the only game i had for a little while.

• 1 month later...
This thread was obviously started by a 9 year old girl. The XBOX is 100% crap??? Have you ever played one? Even your little cartoon Mario games would look better on it!

Actually, I'm a 14 year old guy - and gamecube has graphics that xbox won't have for years... if ever. OK, the xbox graphics are OKAY... but compared to gamecube, they are sh!t.

And yes, i have played one. I was using one of those "display" ones that are in the big retailed stores. I was playing midtown madness (i think...) and the damn thing froze, and then crashed! :angry: SERIOUSLY! one of the assistants tried another disk, and the thing wouldn't even turn on. :huh: if that's a "powerful console", I'd hate to see the worst microsft can do.

now, any questions?

Actually, I'm a 14 year old guy - and gamecube has graphics that xbox won't have for years... if ever. OK, the xbox graphics are OKAY... but compared to gamecube, they are sh!t.

And yes, i have played one. I was using one of those "display" ones that are in the big retailed stores. I was playing midtown madness (i think...) and the damn thing froze, and then crashed! :angry: SERIOUSLY! one of the assistants tried another disk, and the thing wouldn't even turn on. :huh: if that's a "powerful console", I'd hate to see the worst microsft can do.

now, any questions?

game cube is good i have it and like it but it's not THAT good, i also have an xbox, and i prefer the xbox over the game cube..

And yes, i have played one. I was using one of those "display" ones that are in the big retailed stores. I was playing midtown madness (i think...) and the damn thing froze, and then crashed! :angry: SERIOUSLY! one of the assistants tried another disk, and the thing wouldn't even turn on.  :huh: if that's a "powerful console", I'd hate to see the worst microsft can do.

Most of the display ones are caged up in a box with a light shining down on it and are powered up for more than 8 hours. Soon it would die from overheating.

I used to own an XBox but I traded it for a GameCube, bad move. I loved my XBox, hate my GameCube. I don't/didn't have problems with either console though, just that I find the games for GameCube, out of touch for me. :unsure:

Edit: I'm going to get the next XBox, and that's it, more than likely.

I'll be getting GameCube 2 mostly because the only time I have for video games anymore is when I have a get together with friends or my girlfriend and I play. Long gone are the days of sitting in front of the TV screen for hours and hours playing games :(

Since the GameCube has the best party games, that is my reasoning. I don't agree with the XBOX being 100% crap, but the variety of games on the GC make it the better fit for me.

Oh, and I'm 23, in case anyone is keeping count.

xbox doesnt have bad graphics or anything and its amazing how well the small little gamecube can keep up with the graphics on the big xbox

i dont think the argument for it being able to be modded is very good because you can play backup gamecube games and if you really wanted to have a media hub you could get a video card with dvi out and hook it up to a hdtv and have alot more capabilities