Neowin needs a "thread already exists" warning system

Craigslist had (or still has) something like this and it prevented people from posting a similar for sale ads.

Those go by the wording of the post and if it sounded to similar.  Hard to do considering people copy/paste articles from other sources and a lot of time the context is different.  For the most part, doing a search for keywords before posting the article will stop duplicate postings.  Normally when I post something someone else has, it is because I didnt search the forums first.

I've seen this in forums before, but then you get in the argument of should you not repost things that have already been posted, or should you not bring back topics from the dead. You can only have one of the two but most forums I see people get annoyed at both so there's really no winning. Maybe if it just searched threads in a certain time frame like 30-60 days back.

I think part of the problem here is that due to the size of our database, we have a separate search index, which isn't live - it's updated every ten minutes or so.