Xbox One Damaged right out of the Box, Many pictures.

Not sure if I can be arsed taking it back.

I'll probably mod the case at some point in the future anyway. But it does leave you feeling a little disheartened, even though it not a big deal.

Maybe that's what the free sticker is for? To cover up the defects lol

Get some T Cut on it. Proabably end up with tiny hair buffing scratches though.

Wish they just made it completely matte.

The plastic is soft as fook. You so much as bring a microfiber cloth near the thing, and it will scratch the hell out of it.

The same thing has happened to my xbox.  The box works fine but there are 'teeth' marks dug out of the box along the edges and scratches on it that don't rub off with a towel and water.

9JkTGiXl.jpg

i6uMw2X.jpg

od94GUwl.jpg

Yikes! That's definitely the worst damage I've seen here... :(

At $599 that is totally unacceptable, but I would imagine this should be returned to Best Buy. Looks like someone repackaged a demo unit.

At $599 that is totally unacceptable, but I would imagine this should be returned to Best Buy. Looks like someone repackaged a demo unit.

where are you paying $599... its $499 in the US

You're only seeing the end result of the surface damage though, who knows what has happened internally to the unit.

If you put up with it and it fails for some reason a year later the argument will arise with "well any damages should have been reported straight away" etc etc.

• Like 1

At that point, it's not a warranty issue, it's an exchange on a damaged product.

Though to be fair, not every item in a factory is looked over by a human eye at the end of process. People think all Company products are hand checked, when only a 'few' in the mass batches are usually looked at for defects. It is possible that the machine that grabbed this piece, or the conveyer belt that moved it to the next person simply had some worn spots and caused the scratches - or an employee dropped it and shrugged.

Both are unlikely to be caught in mass production - same as a few drives failing as reported. Most work, a few don't or a few have scratches... nothing to question QC on.

where are you paying $599... its $499 in the US

Typo, at $499 ... Actually at any price, brand new it's unacceptable. But Best Buy shouldn't have a problem replacing it based on my experience with them.

Take it right back to where you got it and ask for an exchange. If they're out you might have to be put on a waiting list or call another store if they are out. Store policy on damaged products should cover this. 

Thanks for all the support, I will probably swap it for a new one at best buy when they get more in.

Where I work if the customer is not satisfied then a Manager needs to satisfy them. I'm going to contact Microsoft shortly. Just woke up.

I also noted someone said I stole my pictures, that article is linking my pictures, I have the original unedited ones on my PC.

• Like 1

You're only seeing the end result of the surface damage though, who knows what has happened internally to the unit.

If you put up with it and it fails for some reason a year later the argument will arise with "well any damages should have been reported straight away" etc etc.

Exactly what I'm thinking.  If it fails even just a month down the road and you bring it back, they'd see the damage and suspect you've been misusing it yourself.

If not for that--it's a device that pretty much remains hidden from sight at all times; I wouldn't care about scuff marks and would just move on with my life.  But really, if I wanted scuff marks, I'd do them myself.