Apple maps now better than Google maps

Not even close. Google Maps are still far superior in locating addresses and businesses. Apple maps still continually is so wrong that it puts me on the other side where I need to be. I would not trust their services on moments that are critical. 

What is surprising is that Google Maps and Apple Maps could not locate UUC Motorsports in Alpharetta, GA but HERE maps with Nokia was able to locate it. That was surprising to find out. In fact it can locate more businesses in my little test than both Google Maps and Apple Maps. I prefer Google Maps for often than not. Although I have the 2013 Maps in my cars it's still far easier to use my phone or tablet to locate the business and navigate me there. I guess I got used to it and with my Windshield Mount it's just so easy to read and it connects to my bluetooth and is like my other navigation system. 

I won't trust Apple Maps for some time to come. I wish I could but it has put me in a church parking lot instead of across the street where the Pizza place has been for almost 10 years. It has put in 2 miles out of the way and thought it was in the right place according to its GPS data. 

I wish Nokia's HERE maps were better looking. It works for the most part but its not as aesthetically pleasing as Google or Apple Maps.

I like accuracy in my maps, not shiny graphics. Oh the 3d effect in cities looks cool? Great. I look at Google Maps to search for businesses etc and for directions. Almost no businesses list themselves with the service that Apple Maps relies on, so around me it lists practically no stores or businesses. It has horrendous errors in my area, I reported them all to Apple repeatedly when I had my iPhone 5 but looking at my friends iPad he still has, none of them are fixed, Google fixed most of the errors I pointed out within a month.

Apple had more business listings before it when launched.

Apple?s Maps app won?t debut for several months, but it already has some 20 million more business listings than Google, according to data disclosed by the companies.

Apple had more business listings before it when launched.

Which is great, IF you're in an area where these businesses list themselves with the service Apple uses. In practice though where I live almost none of them have, but have listed with Google.

Which is great, IF you're in an area where these businesses list themselves with the service Apple uses. In practice though where I live almost none of them have, but have listed with Google.

I agree with you. Google maps is faster at updating new streets and businesses in my area. So I use it as well on my phone. I was just pointing which service technically has more listings.

It is true. in fact Apple maps are more up-to-date than the one of google.

Guess it depends where you live...

Apple Maps:

do51zs.jpg

Google Maps:

2hmzt6h.jpg

Apple Maps uses data that is at least 6 years old here, in comparison Google Maps has been updated every summer for the last three years, the current data is just a few months old on Google. We also have street view data is from August 2012 too which Apple can not offer at all.

• Like 2

What!........that statement doesnt even make sense to me please clarify?

Apple users use Internet more than other platforms. They spend more on apps, they spend more time on maps service a month and etc...

This has been a known fact for a while.

• Like 1

They spend more possibly due to higher prices on the Apple platofrm the rest is pure guff

IBM just reported that iOS was used for 80% of all mobile online transactions for Black Friday. Just do some simple searches on Google and you will see just how much Apple users spend online vs their Android counterparts. It's basically the main reason developers prefer iOS, they see more profit from it.

We are talking one day out of 365 and not traffic use but transactions which is entirely different to the statement you made.

Any how we are wandering way off topic

We are talking one day out of 365 and not traffic use but transactions which is entirely different to the statement you made.

Any how we are wandering way off topic

want to talk about the other 364 days too? yes off topic but he is correct.

wow,apple really screwed google didn't they.i guess you could say they got scroogled. users probably still think the maps app is google maps,based on the usage figures posted above. very clever, stealing a big chunk of the mobile maps base just like that. I wonder if google still thinks apple is their best friend in the world.

Not even close, but nice try.

Rather like your comment about Apple Maps taking over from Google, then.

Before this goes anywhere, keep it civil, guys.

Like always, I provided proof.

You provided proof that non-Apple users would jump to Apple Maps if they released on other platforms? Where? All I see is your ridiculous claim.

You provided proof that non-Apple users would jump to Apple Maps if they released on other platforms? Where? All I see is your ridiculous claim.

No, that Apple already took a huge chunk out of google maps service without it being on other platforms

One of the core strengths of Apple maps since day 1 was their larger business archive. Apple always had a larger business database.

Even if they are in the wrong spots.

No, that Apple already took a huge chunk out of google maps service without it being on other platforms

Duh. Apple device owners will ALWAYS be predisposed towards using Apple software over any others. You're just telling us water is wet.

Duh. Apple device owners will ALWAYS be predisposed towards using Apple software over any others. You're just telling us water is wet.

Exactly. It's surprising because there are more android devices out there.

In the US it's all probably more close, but in Europe there's no contest. Google Maps has really rich maps, every single business, park, ... is on there and there's a very active community on Map Maker making corrections all the time. Apple Maps looks very bland in comparison.

Stevan, if you have a Mac, could you go to Sint-Truiden (Belgium) in Apple Maps and in Google Maps and take screenshots of both? I have Mavericks in VMWare but Maps requires OpenGL... I'd love to see the difference. There are a few parks, schools and hospitals that are only marked correctly on Google Maps afaik.

I think it depends on how hard core you are. My wife has an iPhone but she uses Google Maps because she likes it better.