Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

Yeah, it's not a very macho thing to lean over and tell your buddy to slow it down and drive responsible. It can easily save your life though.

Not saying the guy wasn't speeding in this case, but you'd be surprised at how (relatively) little speed you need to cause a wreck like that.

Have any of you ever spun out of control. You do not have to be going that fast to spin out of control and with very little speed the vehicle can sling shot really bad. The wheels loose traction from the ground and you fly like you are on ice. Trust me I have spun out of control in bad weather not even going that fast. Fortunately me and the car were ok. Nice and wide open street.

Not saying the guy wasn't speeding in this case, but you'd be surprised at how (relatively) little speed you need to cause a wreck like that.

How fast do you think he was going to do that kind of damage?

Have any of you ever spun out of control. You do not have to be going that fast to spin out of control and with very little speed the vehicle can sling shot really bad. The wheels loose traction from the ground and you fly like you are on ice. Trust me I have spun out of control in bad weather not even going that fast. Fortunately me and the car were ok. Nice and wide open street.

It was 3:30 in the afternoon on a warm, sunny, dry day. How many times have you ever spun out of control in those conditions when you were driving around the speed limit?

R.I.P Paul Walker

Sorely missed, condolences to his daughter and family, I cant believe he had to go out like this!!!!

How fast do you think he was going to do that kind of damage?

I've seen crispy bodies from spinout/crash/fires where the cops said the impact was only 35mph. All it takes is a 1/4"- 3/8" fuel line to break and spill gas onto an exhaust manifold. Also, at 35 mph into a solid barrier like a pole or wall the impact is about the same as rear ending a vehicle at 60+ mph. No "give," and you're exposed to 100-150 G's.

I just woke up to this news and it definitely hit me :/ I was astounded by it.

May he rest in peace.

I've seen crispy bodies from spinout/crash/fires where the cops said the impact was only 35mph. All it takes is a 1/4"- 3/8" fuel line to break and spill gas onto an exhaust manifold. Also, at 35 mph into a solid barrier like a pole or wall the impact is about the same as rear ending a vehicle at 60+ mph. No "give," and you're probably exposed to >100-150 G's.

So, you think they were probably doing about 35 mph?

Just read about this as well, woke up late today.   Sad news, also a bit ironic with Fast 7 filming and Paul being in almost all of them to date.   RIP.   

As far as Fast 7 goes, I think they had just started, now they'll have to rush and redo it or just put it on hold.

Hello,

The guy with the camera was so brave.

Yup, like you would have done any different....

Its a burning car and it has fuel inside of it.....You do not go near that. Its not about being brave or anything.

My bad - shouldn't do mental calcs at this hour. At 35+ mph crash into a solid barrier would be ~40 G's, so for a 170lb man that would expose him to over 6,800 lbs of force.

Numbers were off because I didn't account for the vehicle crush zone.

Of course if they were going faster....

Hello,

Yup, like you would have done any different....

Its a burning car and it has fuel inside of it.....You do not go near that. Its not about being brave or anything.

They were nowhere near it and he was having a panic attack yelling "dude go! go!, drive away! It's going to blow up, go!", it was ridiculous.

He's watched too many action movies. Besides the whole back of the car was gone and the fuel tank already ruptured, it wasn't going to blow up.

R.I.P Paul Walker, true legend, true human being. Helping people around the world. Sad lost to the whole world!

So it seems they where driving a porsche. That explain why it's wrapped around a tree. 

RIP though, and Fast 7 won't be the same without him. 

Hello,

They were nowhere near it and he was having a panic attack yelling "dude go! go!, drive away! It's going to blow up, go!", it was ridiculous.

He's watched too many action movies. Besides the whole back of the car was gone and the fuel tank already ruptured, it wasn't going to blow up.

I refuse to go further into this with you so this will be my last comment about this:

There is no reason for him to know where the fuel tank is (hell didnt some Porsches have their fuel tank up front?). There is no reason for him to even know what the back or the front of a burning car looks like. He wasnt having a "panic attack" (just bysaying that, you have never really seen a REAL panic attack), he was simply looking out for their own safety.

You dont go towards fire. You get away from it.

Besides like I said, you would have done the SAME THING or called the fire department.

I wonder how this affects Fast 7

With any luck, it will end that stupid s**t!

Never liked any of those anyway!

The guy WAS a good actor and I am very sad that he died, as I am with anyone, but I sure hope wasn't being some kind of pickle thinking he could REALLY drive like he was in a movie?!

R.I.P

The camera guy in that video was annoying, glad the driver told him to shut up. No one else was freaking out like that and they weren't in any danger. There's another video on Facebook now taken of the car before the accident. I still haven't found any confirmation on who was actually driving though.