After Earth

+warwagon

AfterEarthCrashShipPosterLowQbig1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815862/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's official. After Earth does not suck. It was actually pretty good. I mean I wouldn't give it a 5 out of 5 more like a 3 out of 5 but you'd think it was a 1 out of 5 judging what people are saying about it.

Over all I enjoyed myself watching it in my theater :)

l4um.jpg

T3X4S

I just thought it kinda plodded along like the script was an afterthought.   

• Like 2
trag3dy

Gonna have to disagree that it was an okay. I felt like Will Smiths kid wasn't even acting. He was just being himself only with a CGI background and animals.

• Like 1
+warwagon

Gonna have to disagree that it was an okay. I felt like Will Smiths kid wasn't even acting. He was just being himself only with a CGI background and animals.

Which one are you disagreeing with. Did you like or dislike the movie?

trag3dy

Which one are you disagreeing with. Did you like or dislike the movie?

I thought it was terrible. If they focused more on the adventure than on the bratty kid then it might have been an okay movie, though.

• Like 1
+virtorio

I don't think the film would have been especially good no matter who was in it, but, for me, Jaden Smith killed any possible redeeming qualities it might have had.

• Like 1
Steven P.

I didn't like it.

-T-

Jaden killed this movie, it had potential but that kid is awful. Nepotism at its finest

• 1 year later...
FloatingFatMan

Having just seen this movie... I think Will Smith needs to "take a knee" and seriously consider his kids future in acting!

1/10. Worst Will Smith movie ever.

+warwagon

Having just seen this movie... I think Will Smith needs to "take a knee" and seriously consider his kids future in acting!

1/10. Worst Will Smith movie ever.

The funniest thing is, who directed it , and the fact they didn't want to tell anybody.. 

M. Night Shyamalan

FloatingFatMan

The funniest thing is, who directed it , and the fact they didn't want to tell anybody.. 

M. Night Shyamalan

Yeah, but not ALL his movies suck.  Unbreakable, for example, is a really good movie, though admittedly it's a little slow paced at times.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
McCordRm

This movie has received SO MUCH hate.

I actually liked it. I wouldn't praise it, but I would say it's worth a watch.

As for Jaden, he's still coming into his own. He's not his dad-- by a LONG shot--

but his acting in this is far better than Day The Earth Stood Still. It's a slow

process, but he is getting better.

In my opinion, at least.

Hurmoth

Yeah, but not ALL his movies suck.  Unbreakable, for example, is a really good movie, though admittedly it's a little slow paced at times.

Almost completely agree; I felt it was paced just fine. But after Unbreakable, it was clear that M. Night was more interested in following the same formula to achieve success: write a film about something mysterious with a major twist ending and don't forget to write yourself a character to play. That became so bad that in Lady in the Water, he gave himself the most important part.

Of course, we can't forget Signs, where a group of (obviously) intelligent aliens comes to a planet that is made up mostly of something their fatally allergic to. I say "obviously intelligent" simply because they are advanced enough to have space craft that can bring them to Earth, so they can't be stupid. Although, given the film, M. Night sure is or he's clueless.

I won't lie, I'm a massive M. Night fan, of his first two movies, and I even enjoyed The Village, but the other films have sucked, SO BAD. I want an Unbreakable 2, but I'm almost afraid of M. Night being anywhere near it.

HawkMan

Of course, we can't forget Signs, where a group of (obviously) intelligent aliens comes to a planet that is made up mostly of something their fatally allergic to. I say "obviously intelligent" simply because they are advanced enough to have space craft that can bring them to Earth, so they can't be stupid. Although, given the film, M. Night sure is or he's clueless.

Never mind the script ripped plot points heavily out of War of the worlds...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By +Mirumir
      The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2013

by the State Council Information Office of the People?s Republic of China

Foreword

The State Department of the United States, which posed as ?the world judge of human rights,? made arbitrary attacks and irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in almost 200 countries and regions again in its just-released Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2013. However, the U.S. carefully concealed and avoided mentioning its own human rights problems. In fact, there were still serious human rights problems in the U.S in 2013, with the situation in many fields even deteriorating.

? In 2013, 137 people died in 30 mass killings, which caused four or more deaths each, in the U.S.. A shooting rampage in the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command in Washington, D.C. left 12 people dead.

? The U.S. engaged in a tapping program, code-named PRISM, exercising long-term and vast surveillance both at home and abroad. The program is a blatant violation of international law and seriously infringes on human rights.

? The use of solitary confinement is prevalent in the U.S.. About 80,000 U.S. prisoners are in solitary confinement in the country. Some have even been held in solitary confinement for over 40 years.

? The U.S. still faces grave employment situation with its unemployment rate remained high. Rates of unemployment for the lowest-income families have topped 21 percent. The homeless population in the U.S. kept swelling and it had climbed 16 percent from 2011 to 2013.

? There are a large amount of child laborers in the agricultural sector in the U.S. and their physical and mental health was seriously harmed.

? Frequent drone strikes by the U.S. in countries including Pakistan and Yemen have caused heavy civilian casualties. The U.S. has carried out 376 drone strikes in Pakistan since 2004, causing deaths of up to 926 civilians.

? The U.S. remains a country which has not ratified or participated in a series of core UN conventions on human rights, such as the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

Continued...
    • By kevin8441
      Im having a issue with printing in Visio 2013 crashing when im printing to a xerox printer, i have updated the printer drivers and have also deleted and re added the pritners, happening on all visio documents, crashes 8 out of 10 attempts, no addons running, done all office 2013 updates as of 5/12/13, started visio in safemode and still crashed, crash report below -

Log Name:      Application
      Source:        Application Error
      Date:          5/12/2013 3:43:35 PM
      Event ID:      1000
      Task Category: (100)
      Level:         Error
      Keywords:      Classic
      User:          N/A
      Computer:      ********************
      Description:
      Faulting application name: VISIO.EXE, version: 15.0.4535.1507, time stamp: 0x52282a2a
      Faulting module name: VISLIB.dll, version: 15.0.4535.1507, time stamp: 0x52282928
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x005a9861
      Faulting process id: 0x1bbc
      Faulting application start time: 0x01cef1748bdf2a28
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\VISIO.EXE
      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\VISLIB.dll
      Report Id: cc95bd42-5d67-11e3-941b-002564d9fad3
      Event Xml:
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
        <System>
          <Provider Name="Application Error" />
          <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
          <Level>2</Level>
          <Task>100</Task>
          <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-05T04:43:35.000000000Z" />
          <EventRecordID>59089</EventRecordID>
          <Channel>Application</Channel>
          <Computer>**************</Computer>
          <Security />
        </System>
        <EventData>
          <Data>VISIO.EXE</Data>
          <Data>15.0.4535.1507</Data>
          <Data>52282a2a</Data>
          <Data>VISLIB.dll</Data>
          <Data>15.0.4535.1507</Data>
          <Data>52282928</Data>
          <Data>c0000005</Data>
          <Data>005a9861</Data>
          <Data>1bbc</Data>
          <Data>01cef1748bdf2a28</Data>
          <Data>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\VISIO.EXE</Data>
          <Data>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\VISLIB.dll</Data>
          <Data>cc95bd42-5d67-11e3-941b-002564d9fad3</Data>
        </EventData>
      </Event>
    • By Denis W.
      Since upgrading to Windows 8.1 and doing a clean install, I've noticed a *lot* of stuttering and freezes with Word and OneNote on Office 365. Opening up the Task Manager shows high CPU usage, over 40% on my dual core (with HT) CPU.

I'm not doing anything computationally expensive in either Word or OneNote - I'm just typing a few words into a document or jotting down notes in class! It's annoying especially when starting up Word or OneNote: for instance, OneNote freezes with >40% CPU usage for five seconds after starting, whereas in Windows 8 it would be available right away.

Even while typing this post I've caught Word spiking into >40% and freezing, while it's in the background!

Similar observations from anyone else?
    • By Steven P.
      Dark Skies (Horror Sci-fi Thriller)

As the Barret family's peaceful suburban life is rocked by an escalating series of disturbing events, they come to learn that a terrifying and deadly force is after them.

IMDB rating: 6.2 link (I rated it 9)

Really enjoyed this film, anyone else seen it yet?

Personal rating 4.5/5
    • By +Frank B.
      Syria monitors win Nobel Peace Prize

The OPCW, the body overseeing destruction of Syria's chemical weapons, has won the Nobel Peace Prize.

The Nobel Committee said it was in honour of the OPCW's "extensive work to eliminate chemical weapons".

The Hague-based Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons was established to enforce the 1997 Chemical Weapons convention.

It recently sent inspectors to carry out the dismantling of Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons.

The watchdog picks up a gold medal and 8m Swedish kronor ($1.25m; ?780,000) as winner of the most coveted of the Nobel honours.

Pakistani schoolgirl campaigner Malala Yousafzai and gynaecologist Denis Mukwege of the Democratic Republic of Congo had been tipped as favourites to take the award.

Source: BBC News