The Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

Dell finally shipped my Canon Powershot S2 IS! I'm still learning, but here are a few shots...

Soon after the package arrived, Frank laid claim to the best part of the package.

frankinthebox.jpg

Not very good, but I'm learning the whole zoom vs macro thing.

grasshopper1.jpg

Nothing special, but I like the way it turned out.

woodsteps.jpg

Just trying another setting.

flowerbox1.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to read the manual and begin getting better quality pictures.

If you had 1600x1200 of that i would use it as wallpaper forever...  :o

586319944[/snapback]

I might be able to do that for you, give me your email and Ill send it over :)

cheers

Aran

Huang Shan // Yellow Mountain , China

586322266[/snapback]

Wow the 4th one there looks like the one in the Sample Pictures in Windows XP. lol Very nice.

dscn04820la.th.jpg

Pair of chopsticks in a resturerant called Shushiwabi. In Chicago, wicked sushi if you go. Taken with a nikon coolpix...not sure what model.

Still only using the point and shoot features. But I am reading the manual and learning more. Took this today and thought it turned out nicely. Cropped and reduced file size for web.

lizard0022ap.th.jpg

Still only using the point and shoot features.  But I am reading the manual and learning more.  Took this today and thought it turned out nicely.  Cropped and reduced file size for web.

lizard0022ap.th.jpg

586328590[/snapback]

Wow that did come out very nice. Good job!

I'm not a professional photographer by any means, but I wanted to share these with you all and see what you thought.

Squirrel: Fearless squirrel in my backyard.

Squirrel_TN.jpg

Rainbow: During my trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota, I ran into a rainbow that was barely off of the ground.

GroundRainbow_TN.jpg

Waterfall #1: Above Roughlock Falls in the Black Hills.

HillsWaterfall1_TN.jpg

Waterfall #2: Side shot of Roughlock Falls. Check out all of that moss!

HillsWaterfall2_TN.jpg

Sunset: Sunset we saw leaving Deadwood, SD (gambling like Wild Bill) and heading back to the cabin.

HillSunset_TN.jpg

I have no idea what I was doing out of bed this early, but I took some pictures. I think these are some of the best. Please let me know how I'm doing. I'm moving away from the "Auto" feature and trying out some of the manual settings...

sundaymorning0038ld.th.jpg sundaymorning0060kc.th.jpg sundaymorning0016hy.th.jpg sundaymorning0136zr.th.jpg sundaymorning0198fz.th.jpg

sundaymorning0219hr.th.jpg sundaymorning0200pz.th.jpg

Practically no editing other than resizing them. I love my Canon S2 IS. It was certainly worth the wait from Dell (especially with the deal I got).