Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer to sit in front of the Oklahoma State Capitol

Its not about the statue. Its about the people wich will start worshiping in that place, dangereous , sadic retards bowing their heads before the statue. You can expect several incidents in front of that religious monument they want to build.

You do realize the whole organization is satirical in nature, just as this cause?

Its not about the statue. Its about the people wich will start worshiping in that place, dangereous , sadic retards bowing their heads before the statue. You can expect several incidents in front of that religious monument they want to build.

I was expecting the Christians to start a new Crusade from in front of the 10 Commandments. Because you know, I think THEY'RE the "sadic retards"

get a clue.

• Like 2

I was expecting the Christians to start a new Crusade from in front of the 10 Commandments. Because you know, I think THEY'RE the "sadic retards"

get a clue

On my side, let them clash and crack their skulls. It will probably turn festive.

On my side, let them clash and crack their skulls. It will probably turn festive.

we need a Festivus "Airing of Grievences" to kick off the celebration.

I think instead of building the statue.. they should be raising the funds to destroy/demolish the 10 commandments one.

:laugh:

• Like 2

Cool, I'm going to take to court the fact that there are regularly statues of a roman goddess, Justitia, in front of courthouses, and one in New York harbor, Libertas.

Does that represent a religion though...

Does that represent a religion though...

It was part of pagan religion, and there are neo-pagans. I'm personally not a religious believer at all... but I tend not to interpret a lot of Judeo-Christian imagery any harshly than I would pagan imagery, and I interpret references to "God" in a deistic fashion, in the sense of Providence.

I just think people tend make things more controversial than they are, regarding religion, and don't have common sense. I'm not offended by the Baphomet statue anymore than the Ten Commandments, except for the fact that I find it to be stupid & a trolling attempt.

Posted on Tuesday January 07, 2014

OKLAHOMA MONUMENT PROPOSAL

When asked about our views regarding Satanic monuments, Magus Gilmore has explained why we are against such things, here and here.

When shown an image of a proposed monument intended to represent Satanism for a public space in Oklahoma, this is what Magus Gilmore had to say:

"The statue is crudely designed and ugly to me and seems pedophilic, since the caduceus between the goat?s legs is a phallic symbol. Having children reaching towards a being with an exposed symbolic penis seems to imply that Satanism represents the same situation which has plagued the Roman Catholic and other Christian churches for some time: child abuse. The image appears to show the goat?s left hand possibly caressing the male child. Revolting.

"The Church of Satan requires members to be legally adult and Satanist parents teach their children comparative religion and philosophy so that our children may decide which religion or philosophy would suit their own natures. We do not indoctrinate our offspring, or anyone else?s, and that statue could be seen as symbolic of indoctrination, which is manifestly counter to our philosophy.

"It occurs to me that the efforts by the perpetrators of this proposal may be intended as a means for making Satanism appear foolish and just as dysfunctional and irrational as we secularists view most other religions to be."

Magus Peter H. Gilmore

Source: http://www.churchofsatan.com/news.php

NOT funny...

What's NOT funny is the building of religious monuments on public land. Aren't there like a bazillion churches and private properties where the Christians can build this stuff? Before you counter with "but, but the 10 commandments are the basis of our legal system!!!" go back, read the commandments and honestly ask yourself how many of the commandments have anything to do with modern, civil/secular law. Moreover, prohibitions against things like murder or theft have existed for thousands of years. They weren't invented by god and given to Moses up on the mountain...when no one was around.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster people should get cracking on a big colander monument to be erected on the courthouse lawns across America.

The Invisible Pink Unicorn people have it easy: their displays are free. They just have to say there is an invisible monument there.

I think this is what they want to build. Looks badass.

pxIyxCH.png

Those kids are probably a helluva lot more safer with Satan than, say, a priest.

• Like 3

"The statue is crudely designed and ugly to me and seems pedophilic, since the caduceus between the goat?s legs is a phallic symbol. Having children reaching towards a being with an exposed symbolic penis seems to imply that Satanism represents the same situation which has plagued the Roman Catholic and other Christian churches for some time: child abuse. The image appears to show the goat?s left hand possibly caressing the male child. Revolting."

Source: http://www.churchofsatan.com/news.php

pxIyxCH.png

I'm confused. The image and her description don't match. :/

Was not meant to be.  So glad I achieved that?

I don't get it, I mean.. to some the 10 Commandments might be grossly offensive.  Why should one set of people be denied, but others allowed? I don't even let my kids do that.. they are all treated as fairly as possible. 

Best two posts on Neowin today. I find it funny that it's ok for one group but not for the other... 

you people seriously dont know what youre saying. Save yourselves while theres time, becuase it will be too late later on.

I made my deal with the devil a long time ago, I may as well have a statue to remind myself about our agreement. ;)

The Flying Spaghetti Monster people should get cracking on a big colander monument to be erected on the courthouse lawns across America.

As a Pastafarian Minister, this would go against our Holy Code. The 8 I'd really rather you didn'ts

6.  I'd really rather you didn't build multimillion-dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines to My Noodly Goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick): A. Ending poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable. I might be a complex carbohydrate omniscient being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM The Creator.

you people seriously dont know what youre saying. Save yourselves while theres time, becuase it will be too late later on.

Save ourselves from what exactly?