This is why I use Google instead of Bing

No, it's the other way around, Google copied Bing's design, Googles  categories used to be on the left hand side, now they are horizontaly, Bing had this from the start. Google Image search is also a design copie from Bing.

It's also funny how Bing almost exactly copies Google's layout. The only thing missing is a postscript saying "Inspired by Google" ;)

No, it's the other way around, Google copied Bing's design, Googles  categories used to be on the left hand side, now they are horizontaly, Bing had this from the start. Google Image search is also a design copie from Bing.

Why do we care either way? Why does it matter who copied what features as long as X, Y, Z are good features? It's like making the argument that everyone is bad because they copied off of Xerox for the GUI. It's completely irrelevant from a usability and what is better standpoint.

• Like 1

Why do we care either way? Why does it matter who copied what features as long as X, Y, Z are good features? It's like making the argument that everyone is bad because they copied off of Xerox for the GUI. It's completely irrelevant from a usability and what is better standpoint.

i blame the patent mentality for that, and how lawyers profitings from it.
  • Like 1

i blame the patent mentality for that, and how lawyers profitings from it.

I'm sure both google and ms would be patenting their top menu layouts if they could... :-D

Historique ?

that happens simply because bing thought you will search in whatever language that "Historique" words belong to.

if you change the language settings into English, this would happens:

attachicon.gifU.jpg

I *think* it's french :D

but yeah, that screenshot (yours) is what I see when I search for that error too.

I used Google because it was the best search engine at the time. I continue to use Google because other search engines offer everything that Google did right, but they don't offer any additional helpful features that I would use on a daily basis.

• Like 1

I would say I use google most because I use google chrome which defaults to using google as its search engine.

However as the OP pointed out, the interactive side of things like that do make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Historique ?

that happens simply because bing thought you will search in whatever language that "Historique" words belong to.

attachicon.gifU.jpg

Has nothing to do with the language, keeping the language in french but changing the search local to US makes a huge difference however. Bing is simply not usuable in the rest of the world, and I have no idea why Microsoft chose to do that :s

Historique ?

attachicon.gifU.jpg

I also have Google in French and I don't need to manually set it to the language I'm currently using to search.

Honestly, I don't understand why we worry about such petty things. For search engines, what matters is the results more than anything, and unfortunately for Bing, the accuracy they hold in comparison to Google, coupled with the way they display their results sometimes has me going back to Google every time.

I say this as someone who would love more than anything to get away from Google and all their privacy invasion nonsense, Google+ garbage, and so forth. Still, after 2 months on Bing and constantly going back to Google, I've just taken Bing off my favorites bar. I just can't use it, and I'm quite sick of trying to force myself onto it.

Has nothing to do with the language, keeping the language in french but changing the search local to US makes a huge difference however. Bing is simply not usuable in the rest of the world, and I have no idea why Microsoft chose to do that :s

I think Microsoft needs to get some great minds from across the globe in on their teams to get their products and services up to snuff outside the US. Seems to be an ongoing trend in which I hear people say this. I'm American, but I do feel for my brothers across the pond...