PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion

cut for brevity

Your post is well thought out and all that but wrong thread? :p 

Is it? Plenty of people around here would argue that it does not have a ton of games, a lackluster community, and that its purpose is in fact not to play games.

If number of new exclusive games was a factor, doesn't XBO have more exclusive games out right now than PS4? We need a list! Those plenty of people around have probably no intention of buying One anyway.

If judging things was purely and exclusively on resolution and frame rate would cause everyone to continue to upgrade their PCs annually. It's an interesting time we are in.

This thread is dedicated to that topic, so that is what everyone will focus on.

:-)

I think we've debated before in other forums trooper11 glad to see you again.

I thought the name was familiar, but couldn't quite place it :laugh:

Ya know that's perspective. The ability for a gaming community could arguably be a regional issue.

The ps4 has sold 10,000,000 units and undisclosed Xb1's. But it's perspective.

The perspective around the online community is clear. A poor xbox community with most supporters moving away from it.

My wife would probably hurt me if I told her to use the horribly limited an inferior TV streaming options.

Terrible streaming options not compared to PS4, but compared to other options.

It's all easier when you treat it like an appliance.

Oh I got that from your last post, the X1 is inferior in many more ways then less powerful hardware. Most, if not all, of its features do not work well and should be ignored. I got that.

The point is, this thread is not the place for that discussion. Its strictly about resolution and framerate. If you want to lay out all the reasons you wont use an X1, your free to create a thread or share it in a more appropriate one. I'm certainly not going to discuss these off topic subjects.

If number of new exclusive games was a factor, doesn't XBO have more exclusive games out right now than PS4? We need a list! Those plenty of people around have probably no intention of buying One anyway.

No, its not a factor.

I suppose if one had zero and the other had multiples then maybe it is a factor, but that is not the case. As long as a console has a couple of exclusives, then there are bigger factors at play. Here are just two:

1. Word of mouth positive or negative about the platform

2. The 'what my friends are playing' factor

This thread is dedicated to that topic, so that is what everyone will focus on.

I thought the name was familiar, but couldn't quite place it :laugh:

The perspective around the online community is clear. A poor xbox community with most supporters moving away from it.

Oh I got that from your last post, the X1 is inferior in many more ways then less powerful hardware. Most, if not all, of its features do not work well and should be ignored. I got that.

The point is, this thread is not the place for that discussion. Its strictly about resolution and framerate. If you want to lay out all the reasons you wont use an X1, your free to create a thread or share it in a more appropriate one. I'm certainly not going to discuss these off topic subjects.

The community features are paramount. They really are.

The xb1 in hardware and intent in implementation are the limiting factors it would be intellectually dishonest to sing praises to it instead of PS4.

The PS4 is higher quality and better initially delivered hardware platform.

The community features are paramount. They really are.

The xb1 in hardware and intent in implementation are the limiting factors it would be intellectually dishonest to sing praises to it instead of PS4.

The PS4 is higher quality and better initially delivered hardware platform.

Again, not relevant to this thread.

As for talking about what is good or bad when it comes to the software of the X1, no use in sharing opinions on that in this thread.

The Crew 1080p30 on both xbox one/ps4

EDIT: We can officially say that we're aiming for 60FPS on PC at launch. Our Beta build is still more performant at 30FPS, but you can expect to play at 60FPS on PC when the game is launched.

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call wink.png

-Ubival

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911974-Disappointing?p=10184062&viewfull=1#post10184062

after playing NHL 15 demo on both ps4 and xbox one, looks to me like its 900p on both, but the ps4 framerate is a stuttering mess.

Is it out now?

Not sure why you think the frame rate is poor on ps4? Just played it and it ran fine, clearly only 30fps though.

supposed to be 60fps, and it is buttery smooth 60fps on xbox one. its juddery as hell on ps4. hopefuly its just a bug because its a crime for NHL to be anything but 60fps, but then again, the same engine is also used for EA UFC and had a better framerate on xbox one too.

Creators of Metro 2033 say PS4 is more powerful, tease open-world game

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/28/6078795/creators-metro-2033-ps4-more-powerful-tease-open-world-game

"PS4 is just a bit more powerful," he said, pointing to slightly beefier components inside the PS4. "I've seen a lot of cases while profiling Xbox One when the GPU could perform fast enough but only when the CPU is basically idle. Unfortunately I've even seen the other way round, when the CPU does perform as expected but only under idle GPU, even if it [the CPU] is supposed to get prioritized memory access. That is why Microsoft's decision to boost the clocks just before the launch was a sensible thing to do with the design set in stone."

Microsoft made a change to the Xbox One's development kit in June, removing the allotment of GPU resources given to the Kinect motion-sensing peripheral. At the time, Microsoft said it would return "up to 10 percent" of the console's potential GPU power to developers. Shishkovstov says that in reality the change didn't give him nearly that much wiggle room.

And your point? The developer says that the ps4 is a bit more powerful. Well what do you know :laugh:

Just more bait.

It wasn't his point, it's the title of Polygon's article. Take it up with them ;)

They know their target audience, and it's full of PS4 fans, thus the title.  Then you start reading and you see "a bit" as part of the quote.  "more powerful" and "a bit more powerful" are seen as two different things.   We all know one has better specs, but early on we've seen this constant back and forth on how much even when most, if not all, the developers have chimed in saying "a bit", thus little as appose to vastly.

It doesn't really matter at this point.   The Metro games have always run meh on the PC, they never did enough to optimize them IMO.  Maybe they finally got around to doing so now that they have to target the console, it's what made Crytek optimize CryEngine 2 as much as they did compared to the original, so that's one good thing out of all of this.

It doesn't really matter at this point.   The Metro games have always run meh on the PC, they never did enough to optimize them IMO.  Maybe they finally got around to doing so now that they have to target the console,

Oles Shishkovstov: I think what we achieved with the new consoles was a really good job given the time we had with development kits in the studio - just four months hands-on experience with Xbox One and six months with the PlayStation 4 (I guess the problems we had getting kits to the Kiev office are well-known now).

But the fact is we haven't begun to fully utilise all the computing power we have.

people are also reporting madden 15 has a better framerate on xbox one

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Todd Hargosh @GamerGeeksTodd

Xbox 360/One Gamer.

Why are we copying random peoples twitter posts on this thread?

- If you want to prove your point get a credible source like an article or something please.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Todd Hargosh @GamerGeeksTodd

Xbox 360/One Gamer.

Why are we copying random peoples twitter posts on this thread?

- If you want to prove your point get a credible source like an article or something please.

thanks for leaving out the part that he writes reviews for a gaming site, and the person he is having a conversation with who shares that the ps4 version has framerae issues is actually a writer for joystiq. ive also played the 6 hours granted to me by ea access of madden 15,and I didn't perceive any such issues. you're free to share your experience with us if you have the chance to play the game.

tA8ilAy.png

• Like 3