Winning ticket for $425M Powerball jackpot sold in California

The lone winning ticket for the $425 million Powerball jackpot was sold at a convenience store in central California, but there was no immediate word on who may have won one of the largest lottery jackpots in U.S. history.

The winning numbers drawn Wednesday night were: 1, 17, 35, 49, 54 and a Powerball of 34.

California lottery officials said the ticket was sold at Dixon Landing Chevron in Milpitas, a city about 10 miles north of San Jose. The business will receive $1 million for selling the winning ticket.

Rajwinder Singh, an employee at the Chevron store, said late Wednesday that he believed he was probably the person who sold the winning ticket.

more

About time someone in the west coast wins... Was getting tired if hearing about some hillbilly in a Podunk town somewhere in Kentucky that's 90 years old winning..

^ probably.... Always used to ###### me off to no end when I watched "The BIg Spin" back in the day and saw some Mexican who couldn't speak a lick if English win big on that show, it was so bad the co host was also the translator...

I never understood why they give one person that much money. Half a billion dollars...  Why not give 300 people 1.4 million ? or 400 people 1 million? Sounds like a better idea to me.

now lets see him say I want it all right now errrrr not going to happen 

also don't you have to be able to speak English moderately well to become a citizen of the US or do you allow illegal over stayers to enter ????