The Champions League Thread

Wow, theres another Rangers fan on Neowin, how cool! Im distraught that rangers didnt secure the Uefa Cup spot, but with our injuries right now i dont think we could survive in both comps. I think Real will probably win it, and i guess i'll be supporting them now. Im a big fan of Ronaldo, amongst others. And on Pavel Nedved - why the hell wasnt he one of the top three for the world player of the year? He's been different class!

By the way, i also think chelsea have a good chance if they can keep their performances high and not slip and get casual

AC Milan hv the firepower...so do Real Madrid...Chelsea is a team of stars...but lets see how they perform in Europe...Internazionale was the biggest disappointment of the season...with the departure of Crespo...they now suck big time..

Here are my thoughts:

With Chelsea now losing 3 out of 4 in all comps (the latest being to Charlton) I don't think they have the experience to win the Prem let alone in Europe. [Yoda] Hmm... many stars a team does not make [\Yoda]

Real Madrid won't take the cup home: sorry, but you ain't gonna win without a defence. Full stop.

To me it will go down to one of two Italian teams simply as yet again the Italians show the world how to defend. So it's down to either AC or Juve... and the eventual winners will be led by a god-like 37 year old defender. If you know football you know who I mean.

MALDINI!

you bet!

AC defence kicks ass!

Maldini and Nesta :yes:

and one of the best striker pairs in Shevchenko and Inzaghi.. (Y)

poor Tomasson cant find a place :p

poor Tomasson

Aye, poor Newcastle reject, although he has been better everywhere else since then. Seedorf has 3 Champions League medals with 3 different clubs yet never gets the plaudits that his countryman Davids gets.

Speaking of Juve, I really would like to see them win it but their chances disappear down the crapper whenever they meet Utd.

I never mentioned Utd as this thread seemed to be going so well, but with the draw you can't really rule them out... as much as I'd like to. i take it as no one has mentioned Arsenal means we all agree that they ain't got a hope in heck?

arsenal good in premier league but suck in europe... and if u ask me to pick a team in italy i would pick inter. they should have sell off vieri and keep crespo.

arsenal good in premier league but suck in europe... and if u ask me to pick a team in italy i would pick inter. they should have sell off vieri and keep crespo.

:D You can't realize how many jokes about Inter there are in Italy!

Moratti pays every year a huge quantity of money, but never won anything.

Anyway you're right, they'd better done if they kept Crespo instead of Vieri.

In this moment they are going well in italian Serie A, but there are 3 teams better then them, Juventus, Milan... and Roma above all, 14 matches 0 lost!

Edited by Alhazred

i wish marseilles had done better. oh well, drogba still finishd as one of the topscorer of the first phase.

lets see what monaco and lyon can do in the C1, not many people have heard of them but they are both very good sides. did any1 see the legendary match monaco vs deportivo few weeks ago? (8-3 to monaco, prso scored 4!!)