Origin Access and Origin Access Premier

Thanks a lot for posting this, downloaded it, cool playing it again. Can't believe it's been six years almost. Damn time passing is a sad thing :cry:

Still looks good, though definitely much clunkier than DS3, especially. Isaac is such a badass in DS3, they did a good job in showing how he transformed from mechanic dude to slay fifty monsters an hour dude.

• 5 weeks later...

Download Free AAA Computer Games From EA Origin's "On The House"

n5pt7v3tqsj11nrqbr3y.png

Windows: Electronic Arts has launched a new initiative called "On The House" which lets you download full-version PC games for free.

As far as we can tell, there is no catch here. All you need is an EA Origin account and the software installed on your Windows computer (okay, for some, that is the catch). Every month, EA will be giving away a new game to download to your hard drive for free, and the first one on offer is Dead Space, which expires on May 8.

There are some great resources for PC games and websites to get fantastic deals, but nothing beats free, right?

Source: Lifehacker

Yeah, Dead Space has been free on Origin for several months at least. Battlefield 1942 was free also but I'm not sure if that deal is still available.

Am I the only one that liked DS2 more than the first?

Nope.  The first was very...singular in environments from beginning to end for obvious reasons.  2 had a lot more to it.

I haven't finished 3 yet...not as fond of it but don't hate it.  I'll go back to it eventually.

Do I need to download it to make it free forever or I once added it to my account and good to go?

Just add it to your account

Thanks, I already did.

Okay - On the House swapped out the original Dead Space for Plants vs. Zombies (not the reboot, which launches next month, but the Game of the Year Edition).  Kinda sensible, since the reboot (PC) does launch next month.  Juust ad it to your account, and it's yours for keeps.

• Like 1

Okay - On the House swapped out the original Dead Space for Plants vs. Zombies (not the reboot, which launches next month, but the Game of the Year Edition).  Kinda sensible, since the reboot (PC) does launch next month.  Juust ad it to your account, and it's yours for keeps.

Title changed

Think we'll just keep this topic running for the promotion instead of new posts for 1 game per month.

Title changed

Think we'll just keep this topic running for the promotion instead of new posts for 1 game per month.

My idea as well, Andrew G - which is why I posted the changeover in this thread.

Besides, I like (and use) both Steam AND Origin.

I think mom might like this, heh.

Gotta be better than Candy Crush Saga :huh:

And the requirements are in line with other PopCap games of the period - shockingly light (about the same as Candy Crush Saga, to be honest).

Consider the other PopCap titles of the period (the original Bejeweled, Zuma Deluxe, etc.); while they all started on Windows, all have made the trip to mobile unchanged (that includes PvZ, by the way).

Garden Warfare (though a port) is the first PopCap title for Windows since Bejeweled 3.

I don't care about requirements, her box is a Llano it's more than capable of any casual games heh.

I actually might get her some of the Peggle games and such for her bday.

I got it free years ago from Popcap and then EA bought them and eventually shut down the registration server. I guess this kind of makes up for that, a bit.

I don't care about requirements, her box is a Llano it's more than capable of any casual games heh.

I actually might get her some of the Peggle games and such for her bday.

TheExperiment - that is precisely the point. If you have as little as HD3xxx (below Llano-class graphics by quite a bit) NO PopCap game of that period, and very few later PC titles from PopCap - will slow down whatever.  My GTX550Ti - four years dead - is decided overkill, as is any other GPU of the period, let alone anything newer..

Am I the only one that liked DS2 more than the first?

You're not, actually am one of those who thought the series got incrementally better and that DS3 was the most well-rounded of the three. DS2 was great once you figured out the last ten minutes...as in what you were supposed to do. Hope EA decide to make it freeware as well so people who enjoyed Dead Space free can also get DS2 (and DS3 eventually) free and legitimately if they can't afford to purchase them.

As for Plants vs. Zombies, nice touch but not for me. I am liking this free stuff from EA. Looks like the Sony Instant Game Collection effect is working.

• 3 weeks later...