The Expanse

I enjoyed season 4 but I don't think it lived up to the first 3 seasons. I can't quite put my finger on what it was but it just felt like something was missing.

• 9 months later...

S5 looks like it raises the stakes at least.  It also seems like it'll be juggling a number of threads at the same time, everyone's off doing something different and they're not all together.   

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing?  Probably a bad thing seeing as how that's not enough to cover what's left of the books from what I hear.  I guess amazon will wrap it up after this new conflict and drop some mostly open ended series finale with a bunch of unknowns left in the air.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 25/11/2020 at 03:25, George P said:

Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing?  Probably a bad thing seeing as how that's not enough to cover what's left of the books from what I hear.  I guess amazon will wrap it up after this new conflict and drop some mostly open ended series finale with a bunch of unknowns left in the air.

But they have so much more to give :(

I'm a fan but I still haven't started the newest season yet.  I keep putting it off for some reason or another. 

6 minutes ago, George P said:

I'm a fan but I still haven't started the newest season yet.  I keep putting it off for some reason or another. 

It's great man! I am so happy there will be another season because it seems like the really good sci-fi shows all get cancelled after one or two seasons.

4 hours ago, mudslag said:

This seems to have been a decision by Alcon rather than Amazon:

The Expanse isn’t ‘canceled’ after season 6, say the authors - Polygon

It sort of makes sense that they would pause after season 6.

Spoiler

Doing the rest would be tedious with constant heavy makeup/ ageing CG.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mudslag said:

I love her acting in the Expanse especially when she curses :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 08/10/2021 at 15:00, Randomevent said:

Nice.  I usually get bored with shows but this one I get the feeling that is never gonna happen.

Well, unfortunately this is the last season so you're probably right. 😢

On 08/10/2021 at 14:55, Zathras5 said:

Well, unfortunately this is the last season so you're probably right. 😢

And even so I usually only watch shows once and this one I'll probably watch a few times :)

Have not been impressed with other TV shows in a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news guys, Amazon is planning a sequel series and a movie! Full details https://thathashtagshow.com/2021/12/22/exclusive-the-expanse-sequel-series-movie-amazon/

tl;dr: Under the terms of the agreement with SyFy they could only do three more seasons, to do more they would have to enter into renegotiations, however part of the original agreement was that they would be allowed to do a sequel and movie(s) that's why there is no season 7 then! 

I removed the link because the site is nothing more than a clickbait farm.

• Like 3

On 23/12/2021 at 10:40, Steven P. said:

Good news guys, Amazon is planning a sequel series and a movie! Full details https://thathashtagshow.com/2021/12/22/exclusive-the-expanse-sequel-series-movie-amazon/

tl;dr: Under the terms of the agreement with SyFy they could only do three more seasons, to do more they would have to enter into renegotiations, however part of the original agreement was that they would be allowed to do a sequel and movie(s) that's why there is no season 7 then! 

I just read that too but I'm weary there's only one site reporting it

On 23/12/2021 at 11:52, Som said:

I just read that too but I'm weary there's only one site reporting it

The site said they can "exclusively reveal" that info, so it makes sense (for now) that it is just one site.