Game of the year

OrangeSoul - If you love Armed and Dangerous, you should check out Planet Moons other excellent game - Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Its got the same humor and gun crazed antic's plus a little bit of RTS style base building. Giants is a brilliant game, sadly over looked by many fps loving PC gamers.

If Homeworld 2 wins I'll be very mad. It's a totally uninspiring sequal, little new.. more like a mission pack.

Personally I vote LOMAC because it really does push graphics further than they've been before.

There just hasn't been anything new and exciting this year, everything seems to be remakes of the same concept.

Oh boy, Wind Waker better not take the prize (it just ruined the Zelda experience for some reason). I'm rooting for Max Payne 2 or Knights of the Old Republic (even though I'm not a really big Star Wars fan; I actually don't like Star Wars :p)

It doesnt matter if it adds nothing new, you could say the same about 3/4 of the games released, its the atmosphere/graphics/gameplay etc...

Having said that i dont think Call of Duty or Max Payne 2 should be game of the year.

I think, XIII, purely for the fact that the developer had some balls to try something different.

Oh boy, Wind Waker better not take the prize (it just ruined the Zelda experience for some reason). I'm rooting for Max Payne 2 or Knights of the Old Republic (even though I'm not a really big Star Wars fan; I actually don't like Star Wars :p)

How did WW ruin the series? If anything it revitalized it by bringing it back to its roots. When did you start playing the Zelda series? OOoT? :rofl:

How did WW ruin the series? If anything it revitalized it by bringing it back to its roots. When did you start playing the Zelda series? OOoT? :rofl:

Indeed, why break a tried and tested formula, its just an updated Ocarina of Time which in itself is no bad thing, but i hardly think its Game of the Year material

:rofl: why does everyone keep saying max payne 2?!?!?!  if it gets goty i'm gonna ****.  same with call of duty.  there's nothing new in ANY of these games.

There doesn't have to be anything new in game in order to make it fun. As long is it's a great game worth playing, it's GOTY-material.

On a different matter, Popularity shouldn't have anything to do with GOTY either.

There doesn't have to be anything new in game in order to make it fun. As long is it's a great game worth playing, it's GOTY-material.

On a different matter, Popularity shouldn't have anything to do with GOTY either.

well that's just WRONG. i don't think "fun" should be the only reason a game wins a goty award! there are a lot of "fun" games out there besides max payne 2 and call of duty. besides max payne 2 was boring :/

well that's just WRONG.? i don't think "fun" should be the only reason a game wins a goty award!? there are a lot of "fun" games out there besides max payne 2 and call of duty.? besides max payne 2 was bori:/ :/

A truly 'fun' game would usually be engaging, and only a few games a year will do that...the most engaging would win GOTY

GTA: Vice City

Most entertaining game I played this year. Max Payne 2 was nice.... but too much like 1, nothing new in there.

Call of Duty was nice, but also, nothing really new. Too much like Mohaa I think.

GTA: Vice City

Most entertaining game I played this year. Max Payne 2 was nice.... but too much like 1, nothing new in there.

Call of Duty was nice, but also, nothing really new. Too much like Mohaa I think.

And Vice City was something new? :sleep: