Halo 2 release date

<rant> to hell with microsoft and their pos X-box. What good is a FPS without a keyboard and mouse?!?!? And the Framerape!!</rant> Halo was good though.......on PC. It would be even better if they'd realease it for PC and X-box at the same time, getting buyers from both areas. But no....can't do that.....Windows costs more than an X-box but they want all your money so they'll make you get both. :angry:

Ah, wait 4 years. Halo 2 PC will come out, and hopefully Halo 3 at the same time too :D (j/k)

Ah, wait 4 years. Halo 2 PC will come out, and hopefully Halo 3 at the same time too :D (j/k)

Except the good thing that Halo 2 is coming out for Xbox Only And I dont think they are doing a 3rd , I know you were joking about that but was just saying, I'm still wondering why its still on main news, seen a couple of forums laugh at the neowin news post

• 4 months later...
you asked for it :p

[1]xbox CPU is 733mhz, ps2 is only 300mhz

[2]xbox can draw four times the amout of polygons per second (300 million compared to 75 million)

[3]xbox can have 256 audio channels, ps2 is limited to 48

[4]xbox has HDTV support, up to 1080i. ps2 has none

[5]xbox is capable of surround sound, ps2 is not

[6]the xbox is easier to code for than the ps2

1) The architectures are very different. The PS2 CPU is probably the fastest of the consoles though, because it has to be (software rendering of advanced graphical effects, that's what it was designed around in the first place).

2) Those are the old E3 hype numbers. The actual release numbers Microsoft gave were 150 million, and that was based on the 250Mhz GPU speed, before it got dropped to 233. Heck the 9800XT just barely cracks 400 million, and how many years later did that come out?

3) Once again PS2 does things in software a lot, increasing audio capabilities is one of those things.

4) It's possible on the PS2, just not in-game. 480p is the best it currently does in games.

5) It's capable of DTS and Pro Logic II in-game.

6) Very, very true :)

The only reason you should be buying one console over another is it has the games you want. If what you want is mostly multiplatform then it is okay to factor in the hardware.

Edited by Danrarbc641