Will Hillary Run?

Sounds like she's gearing up...the full article will be in tomorrows Houston Chronicle:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX FRI DEC 05, 2003 19:58:09 ET XXXXX

HILLARY RIPS BUSH: WARNS OF 'IRREPARABLE HARM' TO NATION

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton blasts President Bush and his "radical" administration on Saturday for attempting to dismantle the "central pillars of progress in our country during the 20th century."

Clinton makes the comments to Saturday editions of the HOUSTON CHRONICLE, sources tell DRUDGE.

The former first lady says she has become convinced the Republican administration wants "to undo the New Deal," the Roosevelt-era policies that ushered in Social Security and a host of other governmental assistance programs.

She said that Bush, who campaigned as a "compassionate conservative" in 2000, had taken a "hard-right turn to pursue an extremist agenda" after moving into the White House.

"I don't know where it came from, but the fact is that this President Bush has not only been radical and extreme in terms of Democratic presidents but in terms of Republican presidents, including his own father," she says.

She believes Bush is beatable next year because his administration is "making America less free, fair, strong, smart than it deserves to be in a dangerous world."

"We have to change direction before irreparable harm is done," she adds.

"This administration is in danger of being the first in American history to leave our nation worse off than when they found it."

Developing...

Oh Gosh, maybe the Dems will get their hero to run after all. Heavily doubt she will win. OMG :x thanks for sharing this article. My beer tastes funny now.

Oh man, sorry I ruined that for ya... :blush: I'll post the link to the Houston article tomorrow 'cause I'm sure the naysayers will take a swipe at Drudge ;)

I may have answered my own speculative question

Federal Election Commision

Presented by the Federal Election Commission

CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM  ID: P00003392

Office Sought:  President

Election Year:  2004

State:  Presidential Candidate

District:  03

Party:  DEM (Democratic Party)

NOTE:

Candidate listings may appear here as a result of draft committees or independent expenditure committees

registering with the FEC. If no official documents of an authorized committee appear below, the

individual identified here has taken no action to become a candidate.

Click the Display Image column to quickly view a report page by page.

Click the Display PDF column to receive and view/print entire reports in PDF format.

TRY A: NEW SEARCH 

NEW ADVANCED SEARCH

RETURN TO: FEC HOME PAGE

Hillary Clinton is not running. I know it's a pet favorite conspiracy theory of conservatives because she intimidates them so much because she isn't a stepford wife, but come on.

CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM ID: P00003392

Office Sought:  President

Election Year:  2004

State:  Presidential Candidate

District:  03

Party:  DEM (Democratic Party)

Same thing happened in 1999 -- The candidate ID number is the same as that of a similar 2000 filing.

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,21559,00.html

Hilary's a smart lady but a) she's not running and b) I don't think she'd win. I hate to say it but America's not ready for their first female president.

At least not that one :x

Hillary Clinton is not running. I know it's a pet favorite conspiracy theory of conservatives because she intimidates them so much because she isn't a stepford wife, but come on.

Same thing happened in 1999 -- The candidate ID number is the same as that of a similar 2000 filing.

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,21559,00.html

Intimidates? More like scares the life out of us...I hope she does run, I could use the entertainment. Plus as has been stated, America wouldn't elect a female as president yet.

Intimidates? More like scares the life out of us...I hope she does run, I could use the entertainment. Plus as has been stated, America wouldn't elect a female as president yet.

precisely. cute sig, digipoi ;)

Plus as has been stated, America wouldn't elect a female as president yet.

No, Conservatives and Republicans would not elect a female president, America would

your fellow right wing friend BOOG Jr. (or whatever) already displayed the true Conservative views of women in places of power

No, Conservatives and Republicans would not elect a female president, America would

your fellow right wing friend BOOG Jr. (or whatever) already displayed the true Conservative views of women in places of power

This is just flat false, there's been lots of murmurings that Condi would make an excellent candidate, I'd vote for her.

Quit your nonsense. Thats utter crap to be quite honest. Conservatives dont care for Hillary period. Theres also alot of Dems that dont care for her as long as they are honest with themselves. Its because of things she has said and done. Has nothing to do with her gender. Youve argued this same thing before and its been clearly stated to you before thats not the case.

Yeah Hillary sucks. She better not run cause she probably would be the Dem's choice then I'm really screwed on which side to vote for.

I'm getting tired of all the candidates dang it. This two party system truly sucks. Neither of them represent the majority of the people so we're forced to take sides because only one of those two parties will get elected because it costs too freaking much to run. So either you pick a republican you don't like, a dem you don't like or throw your vote away on a candidate who can't win due to the system.

Man I am so running in 2025! I see the internet as the future campaing equalizer, one day a common citizen may be able to get his views out and actually stand a chance.

Yeah Hillary sucks. She better not run cause she probably would be the Dem's choice then I'm really screwed on which side to vote for.

I'm getting tired of all the candidates dang it. This two party system truly sucks. Neither of them represent the majority of the people so we're forced to take sides because only one of those two parties will get elected because it costs too freaking much to run. So either you pick a republican you don't like, a dem you don't like or throw your vote away on a candidate who can't win due to the system.

Man I am so running in 2025! I see the internet as the future campaing equalizer, one day a common citizen may be able to get his views out and actually stand a chance.

Who would you vote for if the choice were between Bush or Hillary? I know it hurts but say it!

She better not run cause she probably would be the Dem's choice then I'm really screwed on which side to vote for.

You say this yet you're for Howard Dean? Are you a real democrat or not?

good grief, hillary wouldn't be getting any of this attention if she hadn't been married to bill. she wouldn't be a senator, for sure. democrats need to get off this kick that anything that touches bill clinton turns to gold (not saying anything about monica ;) ). at least howard dean or lieberman, kerry, etc. have some good credentials. hillary clinton has been a senator for what, 4 years? how does that and living in the white house make you a good candidate for president?

No I'm not a real democrat. I'm not voting because of a party, I'm choosing between candidates what party they are is of no concern to me. Generally I vote more Republican but Bush-Rumsfield really scare the hell outta me, infact it's Rumsfield I dislike more-so than Bush, but either way I really hate the way he's ran the country so the only other choice is a democrat. Dean is my favorite democrat who even has a chance of beating him in my opinion but I by no means think he has all the answers for the country he's just merely what I view as the lesser of two evils. I would have been so much happier had John McCain won the election but that didn't happen. But anyways the country is where my loyalty and agenda is not a party.

As for Bush Vs Hillary which would I vote for?

Probably Bush.

Go Hilary... um no... just kidding.

Women rule. I'd vote a woman for president. I always like Elizabeth Dole for instance. Anyways... with me the best person for the job gets the vote period.

Hmmm, don't think Hillary will actually run (at least this time around), but regardless of gender, do think she'd have a lot to lose simply by being known primarily as the spouse of another major political figure who shall remain nameless. On her own merits, she can't hold a true torch to some other candidates.

"This administration is in danger of being the first in American history to leave our nation worse off than when they found it."

Sort of made me chuckle. In my own longer-term view of consequences of various administrations, how can I say it? I don't think her using "first" would be an accurate term, regardless of reference to current administration one way or the other? Big bad ugly corporate governance, security practices and stuff didn't start under Bush, but they sure were the leavings of something. ANYway, back primarily to topic....

Will Hillary ever run, and if not, is it appropriate for a senator from anywhere making such sweeping critical statements? Haven't heard a lot of her constructive views myself recently, though perhaps it's just cause I'm not in New York???

• 4 weeks later...

Wrong, if you look back over that thread you will see that he was pretty much alone in his thinking. I would love to see a good strong woman candidate run for Pres. Of course I am not talking about Hillary at all. Like was stated, she has a ccomplished very little on her own to warrant the fanbase she possess.

I woul also like to take the cahnace to reclaim the term Conservative for what it was originally meant for: Conservative government involvement. I am a conservative in that sense but do not consider myself a religious conservative. We are talking about politics here not religion. I prefer to keep my faith clean by not involving it in the nastiness of politics.