7 Dead after drive-by shootings

There is also the other side of the coin.

Many females are raised to believe, that simply because they were born females, some guy is going to take care of them for the rest of their lives.

No need to develop any skills, careers, self-reliance.

I get a real chuckle when I see some women get upset that you don't give them attention and kiss their butt.

Completely agreed, education needs to be on both ends of the spectrum. Even then there is no guarantee of this helping anything unfortunately.

One of the fathers going on and on and on about gun control and the NRA, what if someone had a gun and shot the bad guy and saved his son? Would he still be going on and on about gun control and the NRA?

It's all too easy to blame the damn guns. That's all people ever want to do. This kid was messed up in the head, was receiving help, AND was investigated by police on separate occasions, yet still was able to purchase THREE separate pistols. If anything is to blame here, it's the system. The system has failed society. Should his police investigations, and professional help not have raised rad flags? His parents seemed like they were doing their part. They reported his videos, and yet nothing was done.

The guns are only a small issue here. The larger issues remain unacknowledged.

One of the fathers going on and on and on about gun control and the NRA, what if someone had a gun and shot the bad guy and saved his son? Would he still be going on and on about gun control and the NRA?

only one thing for it, ban bad guys :p

nah, just bad guys, then there's no need to ban knives

What about sweet old ladies that attack you with the purses?

What about sweet old ladies that attack you with the purses?

they fall under the 'bad guy' ruling, besides, if they were truly sweet old ladies, they wouldn't attack unless provoked (and if indeed provoked, then you fall into the 'bad guy ruling') :p

This incident has shaken the our community (or at last chipped away at the sense of security our community has).

I've never imagined having a drive-by shooting right where I live or that two of my friends would end up in body bags.

One of my friends cried so hard that she managed to soak my shirt.

This incident has shaken the our community (or at last chipped away at the sense of security our community has).

I've never imagined having a drive-by shooting right where I live or that two of my friends would end up in body bags.

You were friends with 2 of the victims?

I read the entire manifesto because it interested me. He really misunderstands things. It's a shame he blames the world for his shortcomings and the result of it being so dramatic. I don't feel sorry for him, in almost all situations he explains the 'injustices' placed on him I thought, "that's not an injustice". He obviously has a mental issue that definitely perpetuated this irrational hatred. I really, really feel sorry for the victims that were just, in my opinion, living completely normal lives.

I'm also sorry to hear about your friends, illegaloperation. I hope your friend in the Hospital recovers! As well as the other victims in critical condition.

What a terrible event.

I read the entire manifesto because it interested me. He really misunderstands things. It's a shame he blames the world for his shortcomings and the result of it being so dramatic. I don't feel sorry for him, in almost all situations he explains the 'injustices' placed on him I thought, "that's not an injustice". He obviously has a mental issue that definitely perpetuated this irrational hatred. I really, really feel sorry for the victims that were just, in my opinion, living completely normal lives.

I'm also sorry to hear about your friends, illegaloperation. I hope your friend in the Hospital recovers! As well as the other victims in critical condition.

What a terrible event.

She's in stable condition so she will be fine.

What Rodger has taken from us as a whole community is a sense of security. There's literally cops everywhere so we thought our community is relatively safe.

What Rodger has taken from us as a whole community is a sense of security. There's literally cops everywhere so we thought our community is relatively safe.

It probably is safe, this can happen anywhere. I wouldn't allow him to make you or anyone you know think otherwise.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your friends illegaloperation; hope the one in hospital recovers completely.

But he mentioned a friend of his fathers that was trying to help him become a success with the ladies - but not much is said about that event or events; I really wonder if the guy taught him anything about approach signals or that women really never want to be the first ones to initiate conversation - it does happen, but it's very rare; and that most of us guys are scared out of our wits before we approach a girl (sober and during the daytime; drunk and clubbing is probably another matter ...I don't have experiences there so I can't tell) but we do so anyway ....which he sadly never did

Updated: .....oh, forgot he got Asperger Syndrome, which means he was illiterate to social interaction's

I wonder if anyone will try to sue Rodger's parents.

it would be difficult. the parents had the kid going to psychologist and even had the police intervene before and when they saw his youtube video immediately tried to stop it. the kid was also 22. he has to stand on his own two feet after reaching the age of majority.

on the other hand it looks ucsb will finally be getting the trigger warnings they wanted on everything.

police don't prevent crimes. they react to them.

First it was the girl stabbed because of the rejected prom offer.

Now this guy goes on a rampage because he felt rejected by women.

Something really needs to be done about this false sense of entitlement with males. Young males need to understand that women don't exists solely to please us, they aren't objects to be owned, nor are they objects can just deserve sex or a relationship from just because you pumped time and money into them. Unless we actively try to destroy this culture of entitlement we will continue to have these acts of aggression and we will continue to destroy every fundamental right that a woman should have to say no.

Now I know that I might be over-exaggerating based on two major acts, but I just don't want to live in a world where any future daughter of mine lives in fear.

there's a sense of irony in all of this.

1st - they are blaming this on the Men's Rights Movement because he visited one Pickup artist website.

2nd - despite the blaming of the MRM, feminists constantly claim that humans are more similar to bonobos then chimps where the females rule in a matriarchy. What they don't want to admit is that the females in bonobo culture control the men by having constant sex with all the males. Apparently some woman dropped the ball with this kid... either that or the bonobo theory is ####.

I wonder if anyone will try to sue Rodger's parents.

I think a civil lawsuit is inevitable.  The family of the victims will claim that the psychologists and his parents should have known he was a danger to society.  Though it will probably be hard to prove in court, but I'm sure they'll try.