7 Dead after drive-by shootings

Oh god, now is father is blaming the NRA. I think the NRA was the least of that kids problems. If he didn't have guns i'm sure he would have grabbed the nearest knife and started stabbing people. HA! Then I just read post 49 after i wrote that. I was spot on!

I hate how every time somebody shoots somebody, they blame the guns, the NRA, other gun owners, anything but the person.  Why should I take the blame for this crime?  I didn't shoot anybody, none of my personal weapons have ever killed a person, I've never threatened to shoot anybody.  Why should people like me get blamed for the actions of people who obviously have some serious problems?  Can they not accept the fact that in cases like this, a person made a conscious decision to commit murder, and the rest of us weren't psychic enough to prevent it?

• Like 3

I hate how every time somebody shoots somebody, they blame the guns, the NRA, other gun owners, anything but the person.  Why should I take the blame for this crime?  I didn't shoot anybody, none of my personal weapons have ever killed a person, I've never threatened to shoot anybody.  Why should people like me get blamed for the actions of people who obviously have some serious problems?  Can they not accept the fact that in cases like this, a person made a conscious decision to commit murder, and the rest of us weren't psychic enough to prevent it?

Back in the old days they just grabbed a sword and started chopping!

I guess a fancy BMW isn't a chick magnet.

Only in High School, and first 2 years of college - then women start thinking long term.  At least thats how it was in my experience.

I was thinking about this today:  When you drive a crappy car (and you're young) you hate the fact everyone has a nicer car, and think everyone is staring/talking about you in your crappy car... then when you get older, and get a nice car - you realize no one gives a rat's a**

ON TOPIC:

OMG !!! Lets ban all knives, all guns !!  It clearly is the reason these people died !!!   :rolleyes:

Back in the old days they just grabbed a sword and started chopping!

Wasn't there a guy in a subway station in Japan or something a month or so ago that stabbed like a dozen people or something?  I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it on here.

Anyway, on topic.  It's horrible that these people died, and for such a stupid reason too.  If anybody is curious, here's the video he posted to YouTube the day before he went on the rampage.

http://youtu.be/FWWGtee14pA

It's curious how this kid out in Cali was investigated by police before, was receiving professional help for personal issues, and yet was still able to purchase three different handguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition under his name. Does Cali do background checks? Am I missing something here?

It's curious how this kid out in Cali was investigated by police before, was receiving professional help for personal issues, and yet was still able to purchase three different handguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition under his name. Does Cali do background checks? Am I missing something here?

Cali has some of the strictest gun restrictions in the country.  It's one of the places where if you own a semi automatic weapon, you can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, your barrels cannot be threaded to accept accessories, and any legal muzzel devices must be spot welded in place, and all sorts of things like that.  This is just another example of how, in my opinion, it's not that we don't have laws in place, it's that, for whatever reason, we're having serious and repeated breakdowns in communication between law enforcement agencies, which leads to people passing the instant background checks that are done at the POS when a firearm is sold.

Edit: Just like the guy who shot up the Navy Yard.  He had a history of violence with a firearm, the police had reported it to the Navy, etc.  and for whatever reason, those things never got reported to the FBI, so he passed a background check...

Here's a summary of California gun laws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California

So another nutter with a gun kills innocent people in USA.

Not shocking anymore which is kinda sad.

You're not allowed to say 'Only in America' anymore.

Videos have been taken down.

This guy was clearly always told by his parents how special he was and had a ridiculous sense of entitlement from being a spoiled little rich kid. I doubt he even spent any time with any other people to get a grip of the real world

Should have just put the gun in his own mouth and blown out his brains, so the world could keep turnin....

oh wait

^ I'm surprised he didn't rape women, if that was such an issue for him.

This guy was clearly always told by his parents how special he was and had a ridiculous sense of entitlement from being a spoiled little rich kid. I doubt he even spent any time with any other people to get a grip of the real world

Well, at least until he was 13 years old ...I'm skimming through his "manifesto" and Jesus Christ how good the memory of this kid was ... I can barely even recall some of the names of my classmates in elementary and high school!

Well, at least until he was 13 years old ...I'm skimming through his "manifesto" and Jesus Christ how good the memory of this kid was ... I can barely even recall some of the names of my classmates in elementary and high school!

^ The Media just loves to use the word "manifesto" -- don't they ? :ermm:

^ The Media just loves to use the word "manifesto" -- don't they ? :ermm:

Yepp, it really should more be called 'biography' and it gives a fascinating insight into his world; why he closed himself off, why he acted strange in school and what the name of the first girl he hated was!

I really wish I could download it off of Scribd

I really wish I could download it off of Scribd

same here, im up to when he turned 18 years old, a very interesting and messed up read. his sense of entitlement staggering

That video tells me a few things:

1) He thinks he's in a movie.

2) He's gay.

3) He's narcissistic.

4) He's bat#### crazy.

That was unnerving, he thought this was going to change the world, or something, and make Woman see the light, "Oh, he's really shown me that I shouldn't go after 'brutes' but instead should go after the freaky weird guy so that he doesn't murder me later. He seems like a real gentlemen."

• Like 2

That video tells me a few things:

1) He thinks he's in a movie.

2) He's gay.

3) He's narcissistic.

4) He's bat#### crazy.

That was unnerving, he thought this was going to change the world, or something, and make Woman see the light, "Oh, he's really shown me that I shouldn't go after 'brutes' but instead should go after the freaky weird guy so that he doesn't murder me later. He seems like a real gentlemen."

Well he did change the world -- not in a very good way.

He would have made a half-decent actor, if he had the sense to pursue that path.

Can't argue with his suppressed gayness.

And just about anyone who would kill their fellow humans is crazy.

• Like 1

^ I'm surprised he didn't rape women, if that was such an issue for him.

Based on my several years of experience of "practicing" Criminal Minds... It seems like he wasn't the enforcer / aggressor type who takes what he wants when he wants, using force. It seems like he was seeking recognition, thus being narcissistic. It was more important to him for others to recognise him willingly the way he deserves (the way he thinks he deserves), than to get that recognition by using force. Sexual acts themselves probably didn't mean much, the engagement in one with a person willing to do that is what was more important to him.

/non-certified-non-professional

Based on my several years of experience of "practicing" Criminal Minds... It seems like he wasn't the enforcer / aggressor type who takes what he wants when he wants, using force. It seems like he was seeking recognition, thus being narcissistic. It was more important to him for others to recognise him willingly the way he deserves (the way he thinks he deserves), than to get that recognition by using force. Sexual acts themselves probably didn't mean much, the engagement in one with a person willing to do that is what was more important to him.

/non-certified-non-professional

On page 38 of his manifesto now, but I think you nailed it. He has a very deep need for recognition, mostly from Females. He seems to want 'cool' people to see him for what I thinks he is, but dismisses those he considers less 'cool'; which is ironic. 

First it was the girl stabbed because of the rejected prom offer.
Now this guy goes on a rampage because he felt rejected by women.

Something really needs to be done about this false sense of entitlement with males. Young males need to understand that women don't exists solely to please us, they aren't objects to be owned, nor are they objects can just deserve sex or a relationship from just because you pumped time and money into them. Unless we actively try to destroy this culture of entitlement we will continue to have these acts of aggression and we will continue to destroy every fundamental right that a woman should have to say no.

Now I know that I might be over-exaggerating based on two major acts, but I just don't want to live in a world where any future daughter of mine lives in fear.

Good luck there....

While it may be futile in the grand scheme of things, at least trying to educate some misguided people is a small step forward. It's better than sitting around and pretending this sort of thing is completely okay.

Something really needs to be done about this false sense of entitlement with males. Young males need to understand that women don't exists solely to please us, they aren't objects to be owned.

There is also the other side of the coin.

Many females are raised to believe, that simply because they were born females, some guy is going to take care of them for the rest of their lives.

No need to develop any skills, careers, self-reliance.

I get a real chuckle when I see some women get upset that you don't give them attention and kiss their butt.

• Like 2

His father has stated that he had Asperger's syndrome and had been in therapy. Sadly I guess it wasn't enough to help him. The family had also contacted the police about his videos but apparently nothing was done about it. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27561127

Edit: Now they have discovered 3 bodies in his apartment and a 140 page manifesto. This guy should have been committed.

Again, thank our woefully weak committal laws. Back in the 70s and 80s they were weakened to get disturbed people out of institutions to save money, but it has backfired badly. Penny wise, Pound foolish.

This kid was actually living in an independent living center, a sort of group living center for the handicapped, with the 3 roommates he stabbed.

His Asperger's is no surprise - a disturbingly high proprtion of spree killers have an autism spectrum disorder or a history of head injuries (about half between them). Asperger's or other ASD's has to do with their feelings of social isolation, but of course that's only a part of it.

This really was an instutional failure, starting with neither his doctors or parents taking advantage of California laws which could have put him into a Conservatorship (parents as guardians), which would put him on California's "no buy" list for firearms because of his mental illness. It wouldn't have stopped an illegal "street" purchase from gunrunners though.