The link will be via your Origin client/account - no key needed. (The way betas SHOULD be on existing game services - Valve and Steam; take notice.)

Of COURSE it's getting hammered - it's a Battlefield beta. The BF4 beta caused the same sort of hammerage - how soon we forget.

Quit namechecking yourself :D

Am looking forward to this honestly, though didn't try the beta. Not a beta sort of guy. More like gamma. But anyway, this looks like a nice twist on BF, and if it's a way to resurrect the SWAT games in any way, why not? Not like Sierra are around to do that. Plus i believe Visceral are quite competent and will not repeat the BF4 debacle.

Am looking forward to this honestly, though didn't try the beta. Not a beta sort of guy. More like gamma. But anyway, this looks like a nice twist on BF, and if it's a way to resurrect the SWAT games in any way, why not? Not like Sierra are around to do that. Plus i believe Visceral are quite competent and will not repeat the BF4 debacle.

I was quoting the poster - not namechecking myself; I have had the handle since I joined Neowin.  (It is one I use on every forum, and in most games - either it or a variant thereof - going back to 2000 - check my Origin and Steam IDs.)

I was pointing out that the BF4 beta caused similar server-hammering (as did the betas for BF3, Crysis 2 and 3, CoD MW3, etc.) nothing more. (I was in ALL the MP betas for the titles I referred to - and had a major wait  to get into them all as well - in fact, of the five betas I referred to, only BF4 and BFH accepted me before the beta opened to all - the surprise THERE was that these two were/are x64-only.)

I was quoting the poster - not namechecking myself; I have had the handle since I joined Neowin.  (It is one I use on every forum, and in most games - either it or a variant thereof - going back to 2000 - check my Origin and Steam IDs.)

I was pointing out that the BF4 beta caused similar server-hammering (as did the betas for BF3, Crysis 2 and 3, CoD MW3, etc.) nothing more. (I was in ALL the MP betas for the titles I referred to - and had a major wait  to get into them all as well - in fact, of the five betas I referred to, only BF4 and BFH accepted me before the beta opened to all - the surprise THERE was that these two were/are x64-only.)

I was just kidding, come on! No intended disrespect or offense, apologies if it came across like that. I know it's your handle since forever, not like the first time we've met here! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought all the Battlefield games (minus some expansions) since Battlefield 2 and this might be the first one I won't buy. I'm not interested in the cops and robbers gameplay. To me, Battlefield is about waging war. It's not about fighting criminals or cops.

I enjoyed Payday and was somewhat looking forward to this game when it was first revealed but not anymore; lost all interest after playing around in the beta for a bit on both PC and PS4.  Think my friends and I played 1 round on the PS4 before we went back to playing Destiny instead.  Just found it very boring and it felt like more of an add-on to BF4.