ASP 3.5 Range input. Options?

Go to solution Solved by sbauer,

Question

James Rose

Hello gang,

My service provider has asp.net 3.5 and 4.0, but I need to use the Range input (slider) and it seems that the HTML5 control is not available at this level.

What are my options?

4 answers to this question

sbauer

Hello gang,

My service provider has asp.net 3.5 and 4.0, but I need to use the Range input (slider) and it seems that the HTML5 control is not available at this level.

What are my options?

There are countless javascript implementations available. Some are jquery libraries, others aren't. 

http://refreshless.com/nouislider/

http://ghusse.github.io/jQRangeSlider/

http://loopj.com/jquery-simple-slider/

lunamonkey

That's not what he asked for.

Can't you just make your own control, inherit the input, and override the render method to change the type attribute to "range"?

Seahorsepip

The backend code shouldn't matter for the frontend code so it should be possible to use a html5 range element maybe with some extra js or asp code.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Microsoft releases version 3.0 of .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, and EFCore
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Microsoft has released a ton of new updated for its developer products, specifically revolving around .NET Core. For starters, .NET Core 3.0 is now available, after it was first mentioned almost a year ago.

The release comes with a ton of updates and changes, including performance improvements over the previous version. It also includes C# 8.0, F# 4.7 - which got its own separate blog post today detailing what's new - and .NET Standard 2.1. .NET Core now supports Windows Desktop apps through WPF and WinForms, and a WPF designer is included in Visual Studio 2019 16.3, while the WinForms designer is still in preview and available as a VSIX download.

Other news include executables for .NET Core apps, new high-performance JSON APIs, a more memory-efficient garbage collector, added support for ARM chipsets and Raspberry Pi, as well as "hardened" support for Docker, offering extra reliability.

It's worth noting that .NET Core 3.0 is a "current" release and will be superseded by .NET Core 3.1 in November, which will be long-term support release. It requires Visual Studio 2019 16.3 on Windows, Visual Studio for Mac 8.3, or the latest version of Visual Studio Code on any platform. It will also be available through RHEL 8 in Red Hat Application Streams.

Along with .NET Core 3.0, there's also a new version of ASP.NET Core, which has its own set of improvements. It now lets developers create web apps using C# instead of Javascript using Blazor and create high-performance backend services with gRPC. It also adds more security by enabling HTTP/2 by default is Kestrel, and SignalR now support automatic reconnection and client-to-server streaming. There's also performance improvements throughout the entire stack, among many other changes.

Also aligning with the above releases, Entity Framework Core (EFCore) 3.0 and Entity Framework 6.3 are now generally available as NuGet packages on nuget.org. EFCore 3.0 introduces an overhaul for LINQ, including restricted client evaluation and single SQL statements for each LINQ query. It also adds Cosmos DB support and makes use of new features in C# 8.0, such as asynchronous streams. Just like .NET Core, this release will be superseded by EFCore 3.1 later this year, and that will be a long-term support release.

Entity Framework 6.3, for its part, adds support for .NET Core 3.0 as well as SQL Server hierarchyid. It improves compatibility with Roslyn and NuGet Package References, and it also includes a new ef6.exe utility for managing migrations with assemblies, replacing the previous migrate.exe tool.

• By DevTech
      I have been looking into "Death of the Web" and Mobile versus a kind of blossoming of desktop Javascript due to  HTML5 Canvas and WebGL and also the strangely innovative growth of Transpilers all from a typical Microsoft C#/XAML point of view.
      I plan to add various notes to point out to people some of the information resources in these areas and also construct an overview type of "howto" to combine the very best of modern technologies into a web programming model that spans typical desktop browsers to mobile devices to desktop apps via Electron to Windows 10 Apps via WinJS while at the same time comparing the incredible mish-mash of webby stuff with the elegance of XAML.
      SO: Please don't pollute a potentially helpful thread with prissy snipes to attack other viewpoints and support some pet project of yours but instead either add helpful viewpoints, helpful "howto" information, helpful references etc in a collaborative manner.
      I plan to arrange helpful prescriptive ideas for web design and development around a limited subset of 2015 technologies:
      ES6/ES7 Javascript Typescript Facebook React Facebook Flux and similar Reactive programming as a fundamental style GitHub Electron for Desktop packaging WinJS for Windows 10 App packaging Apache Cordova and Ionic for Mobile packaging WebGL and Babylon.js Node.js for desktop packaging (part of Electron) Node.js and DNX (ASP.NET) and SignalR and various Azure for server side support Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation for CSS or possible elimination of CSS based on JS inline Style processor Transpilers such as Bridge.NET possible use of XAML similar to Fayde. Responsive Design and Adaptive Design and Reactive Design Stuff I really hope you won't talk about:
      Wordpress PHP Angular,js Aurelia.js Ruby Flat UI I am not suggesting that anyone would take this approach to thinking about this material or that this will become the best recipe for anything other than my own interests because there are so many ways to slice and dice how to present information and interact with a user via the internet in 2015.
      That being said I am aiming for a particular type of elegance that is fun to work with, fun to design with and reduces the cognitive overload to a minimum level that still achieves technical excellence. I hope to end up with some loose recipes (with possible branches) that will permit someone to fire up a web app template/starter point almost as easy as Wordpress but with the built-in range of deployment targets mentioned above and a programming model that does not feel like a bad horror movie.
      Help out if you think it could be fun and lets keep the discussion (if any) as a fun creative kind of thing.

• By limok
      Hi,

I'm in process of building a web application using ASP.NET 4.5 and C# connecting to a SQL Server database. Eventually I want to deploy the web app and its database to AWS. However, I have another database that will be remain onsite that will feed requests from the web application and store into the web app's database.

What are my options for doing this securely and can you provide some guidance?

If you need more info then let me know.

Cheers, 
    • By i11usive
      I want to consume the following JSON data structure using a VB.NET handler. The handler is working on the root keys - how do I deal with Sub > Sub-1, Sub > Sub-2, Another-Sub > Sub-3
      { "ID": id, "ParentId": parentId, "Sub": [{ "Sub-1": [{ "Data":"Test", "MoreData":"MoreTestData" }], "Sub-2": [{ "Data":"Test 2", "MoreData":"More Test Data 2" }], }], "Another-Sub": [{ "Sub-3": [{ "Data":"Test 2", "MoreData":"More Test Data", "EvenMoreDate":"Even More Data" }], "Sub-4": [{ "Data":"Test 2", "MoreData":"More Test Data", "EvenMoreDate":"Even More Data" }], }], }  
      My Handler code is as follows:
      Dim js As New JavaScriptSerializer() Dim data As DataClass = js.Deserialize(Of DataClass)(json) Public Class DataClass Public Property ID() As String Get Return _ID End Get Set(value As String) _ID = value End Set End Property Private _ID As String etc etc End Class Public Class Sub Public Property Data() As String End Class

How can I access tier 2 / 3 json data?
      All help appreciated - hopefully I've described my issue satisfactorily.

• By wrack
      Hi,

I am working on a site where I need to show the content based on the country. I also need the ability to set the country by the user and store it in the cookies to be used when the user uses the site next time.

I have made it work but I think there has to be a better way of doing this. If someone is kind enough to have a look at the source and let me know if there is a better way of doing this, then I would really appreciate it.

Please see the source here http://localitydemo.codelake.com/LocalityDemo.zip.

Cheers :)