SpaceX webcast to reveal manned spacecraft

For some odd reason it has a Star Trek:Enterprise shuttlepod feel to it  ;-)

Helodriver at NASASpaceFlight attended and came away with these tidbits from the Q&A

Crew launches from KSC LC-39A

Brownsville Texas site is a go, and can be a backup for ISS launches

Dragon V2 will carry cargo in the trunk, and is self sustaining for 7-10 days

DragonFly uses the Dragon V2 design

The Dragon V2 shown last night is actual flight hardware

Over 450 kg of cargo carried inside Dragon V2 along with the crew

The telemetry from Dragon CRS-3's touchhdown was collected with a pizza box antenna stuck in the window of Musk's plane.

The BFR super-heavy launcher will move by boat from wherever they build it

No helium propellant pressurization system for the BFR, the propellants are self pressuring

V1 will run cargo to ISS for a while, but as soon as they can V2 will replace it too. SpaceX and NASA both want to get rid of sea landings (save for aborts) and having 2 Dragon production lines. All the sooner to start on MCT (Mars Colonial Transporter.)

V1 will run cargo to ISS for a while, but as soon as they can V2 will replace it too. SpaceX and NASA both want to get rid of sea landings (save for aborts) and having 2 Dragon production lines. All the sooner to start on MCT (Mars Colonial Transporter.)

I imagine doing so (dropping sea landings) will save a hell of a lot of money, too...

Yeah - leasing those recovery ships isn't cheap, plus if NASA wants the cargo fast its better to land at Vandenberg, Edwards or where ever, throw it in a truck and scoot to a nearby lab.

He's askef for more, but Congress has shorted the CC budget on a bipartisan basis for several years.

What with the Russian deal that may well be changing. New budget langusge and rumors on the Hill indicate CC is now a priority there too. Money may be moved from some long pole projects.

For some odd reason it has a Star Trek:Enterprise shuttlepod feel to it  ;-)

Finally got chance to watch the video, and as soon as I saw that control unit swing down, I thought "Enterprise!"

Man, I really hope that works as great as it looks!