BCS Championship

That sucks! USC gets to play Michigan #1 vs. #4 while LSU #2 faces #3 Oklahoma for the title lol

Now this would be a good thing if it was a playoff system but the BCS really f'd up this year :(

Although USC did get screwed, I still stand firm in saying that OK is one of the best teams ever to play in the NCAA. They demonstrated throughout the season that they could not only beat anybody they played, but most of the time blow them out as well. Unlike Ohio State last year in which they edged by in most of their games and still went to the championship in which they did not deserve. I feel really bad for USC because they are playing some great football right now. However, I think that OK belongs right where they are because every team has a bad day and it's a matter of chance whether an opponent can catch them down. Luckily, K. State did just that. Oh well...just some more BCS bullcrap as usual. I mean, look at Tennessee, they are the highest ranked team ever to play in the Peach Bowl. Why didn't they make the Orange bowl? I mean who the heck wants to see Miami (Fl) vs. Fl. State again? The BCS should be done away with and a tournament should be enacted for the top 10 teams in a deciding poll (whichever the committee chooses) so that we can really crown a champion. In what other sport does the #1 team get shafted like this? If you think of one, let me know.

I mean, look at Tennessee, they are the highest ranked team ever to play in the Peach Bowl. Why didn't they make the Orange bowl?

yeah, i know! we're like #7 and playing clemson!

<-- loc

It's awesome...Michigan's gonna show that USC played a creampuff schedule.

I'll have to say that this is going to be a good game and not a blow out. I'll go with USC by a field goal in this matchup.

I think this shows the strength of the BCS and the weakness behind human polls. All three teams lost one game, everyone is moaning because UO's happened to have been the last game, if it was the first game they would be #1 without a doubt. Thier SOS is almost three times better then both LSU and USC, they are the only one of the three to have a quality win and they have destroyed every other team but KS in a fasion i have never seen and people still insist on bitching. UO IS THE #1 team and shame on the ESPN and AP polls for not reflecting that.

The BCS screws USCover.. In my opinion, they are the best team in the nation.. I dont think Oklahoma deserves to play in the Sugar Bowl.. Mainly because both USC and LSU were both champions of their conferences.. What does Oklahoma have? Nothing.. Case closed, Sugar Bowl should be USC and LSU..

how is USC screwed??

face it. you lose a game, you are at the mercy of the system. if USC didn't want to get "screwed", don't lose to Cal. it's that simple.

look at SOS. who's is worst? who's only played 1 team that is still ranked? USC and USC.

however, it still bothers me that OU isn't their conference champion.

however, i'm stoked. i'll be at the rose bowl to watch michigan play usc. this will be the only game i get to see this year, since i've moved to cali, and don't have season tix to the big house anymore. i think michigan can pull past usc. then hopefully LSU will beat OU, and things will be ok. however, if michigan can't beat usc, we're going to have another split national championship, which means the bcs didn't do it's job.

The BCS screws USCover.. In my opinion, they are the best team in the nation.. I dont think Oklahoma deserves to play in the Sugar Bowl.. Mainly because both USC and LSU were both champions of their conferences.. What does Oklahoma have? Nothing.. Case closed, Sugar Bowl should be USC and LSU..

yes, they lost one game just like usc and lsu

WOW, this post better be shut down. First off, you tech geeks have no idea what the hell your talkin about. You certainly do not know football, and to top all that off well your just pointless. Oklahoma deserves to be #1, and according to SinFy's comments, OSU was a good ass team last year a win is a win dip****. They found ways to win, that proves they're a good and SMART team. Oklahoma is certainly not the best team ever in the NCAA also. Wow I'm not even going to argue my point because you guys are just idiot geeks out trying to act like you have a life.

Bye

WOW, this post better be shut down. First off, you tech geeks have no idea what the hell your talkin about. You certainly do not know football, and to top all that off well your just pointless. Oklahoma deserves to be #1, and according to SinFy's comments, OSU was a good ass team last year a win is a win dip****. They found ways to win, that proves they're a good and SMART team. Oklahoma is certainly not the best team ever in the NCAA also. Wow I'm not even going to argue my point because you guys are just idiot geeks out trying to act like you have a life.

Bye

as you are apparently a football god, thank you for gracing us with your presence and saying nothing worth while. OSU is a good team but there is a good bit of luck involved in winning most of your games by a touchdown or less. Ohh i hope you come back and school us all with your never ending football knowledge...

Bye

haha, that's the funniest post i've read in a while. you gotta love when someone claims to be smart, ridicules people for not backing stuff up, yet fails to do any of the same for his post.

to me, you are just another jackass newbie. you said nothing with merit in your post, you make wildly inaccurate assumptions (#1 clue that you are a jackass and have no clue that you know what you are talking about), and you insult people on an internet forum. please, entertain us some more...

That's bizarre logic. Just because they lose their conf. chamionship? They lost to a fine Kansas State team. Lets talk about Cal. Cal? USC shouldn't even be #2 right now.

but winning a conference championship has been historically linked to the national title.

if you lose a game, you throw yourself at the mercy of the system. the system is unbiased, and computes everything the same for everyone. the next thing you can look at is strength of schedule (since margin of victory was removed), and usc had the weakest. end of story.

i don't care if usc keeps crying though, just increases michigans chances of shutting them up for good, although it's gonna suck basically being a home game for usc, and michigan having to travel so far, but that's ok.

if you dont win your conference championship, in my opinion, you dont deserve to play in a national championship game. brochahos you are right, usc does need to get over it in order to not get blown out by a good michigan team. i was reading the sports section in the newspaper today and usc said that they will treat the game against michigan as the "national championship game."

its a crying shame that the #1 team in the country, as voted on by the coaches and the sportswriters, wont be able to play for a national championship. now, oklahoma and LSU both deserve to play for the title as well. you have got to be an idiot to not see how this could all be solved. PLAYOFF!!!!! why does the NCAA not see this? why do the schools not see this? there should have been a playoff to begin with. the bowl system always was a bad idea. if this is the kind of publicity the NCAA wants for its D-1 football, then they can keep the bcs. im tired of hearing this sh1t every year. until this is fixed, ill continue to sleep on saturdays and watch my football on sundays, thank you very much.

LSU definitely deserves to be in the NC because they are champions of the strongest conference this year. USC had a cupcake schedule this year and is why they arent playing in the NC. However, no team would be able to lose the last game of the year against another team who plays a cupcake schedule every year, Kansas St. Oklahoma has a great football team and they can contend with anyone in the nation, but had the circumstances been with another team...this would not have happened.

yep, i was listening to sports radio in my car in atlanta yesterday when they announced this, they said "mark it on your calendars, at 5:36 pm, December 7, 2003, the BCS died."

i just hope USC beats michigan so there will be a split national champion. everyone would be like "omg this sucks" for a few days. then the nfl playoffs would start, and everyone would focus on the real deal

i just hope USC beats michigan so there will be a split national champion. everyone would be like "omg this sucks" for a few days. then the nfl playoffs would start, and everyone would focus on the real deal

See, that's what really sucks. I am a huge Michigan fan. and I hate..hate hate the BCS.

Ugh.