Welcome Back, Michael

They got lucky at the end, Vick almost cost them the game with the INT, but a great play for their D to win it in overtime.

Hopefully his leg isn't too messed up after this game, he was limping at the end but man he was quick!

Congrats to Atlanta (and my fantasy team, Vick did good for me lol)

They got lucky at the end, Vick almost cost them the game with the INT, but a great play for their D to win it in overtime.

Hopefully his leg isn't too messed up after this game, he was limping at the end but man he was quick!

Congrats to Atlanta (and my fantasy team, Vick did good for me lol)

i dont' think vick woulda cost them the game even with that interception at the end...

what was the chance of their kicker getting that fieldgoal... he had already missed 2 field-goal attempts from 3x yards... from teh spot of the ball (if it wasn't intercepted), it woulda been about at least 45 or 50 yards and the kicker's longest FG of the year was only a 46...

but anyways, glad to see vick back!

' date='Dec 8 2003, 00:21'] yeah, they won, but he didnt have impressive numbers, he still have a way to go

He was 16/33 for 179 yards and ran 14 times for 141 yards and a TD.

I'd say those are pretty good numbers.

i dont' think vick woulda cost them the game even with that interception at the end...

what was the chance of their kicker getting that fieldgoal... he had already missed 2 field-goal attempts from 3x yards... from teh spot of the ball (if it wasn't intercepted), it woulda been about at least 45 or 50 yards and the kicker's longest FG of the year was only a 46...

but anyways, glad to see vick back!

Yeah, forget that Vick part, their KICKER almost cost them game ;)

My mistake completely. :yes:

He was 16/33 for 179 yards and ran 14 times for 141 yards and a TD.

I'd say those are pretty good numbers.

my mistake, didnt see his running numbers, that some impressive ones for a qb, still their QB numbers (his possition) are subpar

' date='Dec 8 2003, 00:37'] my mistake, didnt see his running numbers, that some impressive ones for a qb, still their QB numbers (his possition) are subpar

I'll agree with you there. His percentage isn't the greatest....but considering his first full game back, The running numbers are really impressive.

I'll agree with you there. His percentage isn't the greatest....but considering his first full game back, The running numbers are really impressive.

wasnt his first full game last week?

he didnt play all that well of a game passing, but just his presence there made the team play alot harder. atlanta here lately has been only a one half team. today they played a complete game, and look what happened. vicks 141 rushing yards is what gave atlanta their first home win this season.

i have just returned from the falcons game, and michael vick is the man. no questions asked. this was the 7th falcons game i have attended this season, and obviously the first in which vick played. in each of the other 6 games, even when the team was winning, the team seemed to have no motivation, seemed flat, didnt play 4 good quarters of football. this was not the case tonight. vick was electrifying from his entrance to the field. you will never hear a stadium as loud as the georgia dome was tonight when michael vick was introduced. people said he wouldnt be the same when he came back, people said he would play scared. 141 yards rushing, 179 yards passing, a total of 320 combined yards. the passing numbers arent always superb, but he makes up for it with the runs and the excitement he brings to everyone on the field. ladies and gentlemen, michael vick, the savior of the atlanta falcons, has returned.

i have just returned from the falcons game, and michael vick is the man. no questions asked. this was the 7th falcons game i have attended this season, and obviously the first in which vick played. in each of the other 6 games, even when the team was winning, the team seemed to have no motivation, seemed flat, didnt play 4 good quarters of football. this was not the case tonight. vick was electrifying from his entrance to the field. you will never hear a stadium as loud as the georgia dome was tonight when michael vick was introduced. people said he wouldnt be the same when he came back, people said he would play scared. 141 yards rushing, 179 yards passing, a total of 320 combined yards. the passing numbers arent always superb, but he makes up for it with the runs and the excitement he brings to everyone on the field. ladies and gentlemen, michael vick, the savior of the atlanta falcons, has returned.

The fact that Finneran actually lept and held on to a catch (aka, Mr. Skillet Hands) shows the impact Vick has on the team. His passing numbers are never that awesome, he will need to work more ont he passing and rely less on the running to make a long career.

I was thinking last night that he reminds me of Tiger Woods when he first went pro. Awesome natural talent that can just bowl over people, but inconsistent and often erratic relying too much on the natural ability. Tiger slowed down, changed his swing, got his noggin in order and now look at him. I think Vick needs to do that too. First step is to get a new coach that can connect with him.

Well I think Vick is actually doing better as a passer. He's actually staying in the pocket until he has a open reciever. As long as he keeps this up people wont be able to touch him.

' date='Dec 8 2003, 00:21'] yeah, they won, but he didnt have impressive numbers, he still have a way to go

300+ Yards isn't impressive?

' date='Dec 8 2003, 16:44'] he trow just for 170 and his avg is very low

Well what do you expect from someone who didn't play in over 3 months? You expect him to be rusty & his passing #'s alone were comparable to other quarterbacks yesterday:

Micheal Vick-

16/33 179 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Chad Pennington-

15/29 155 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Tom Brady-

16/31 163 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Jay Fiedler-

13/31 111 yards 0 TD 2 INT

Everyone has bad games, and it's really expected again since he missed 3 months. That was a rusty Vick not at the top of his game, wasn't running at full speed, he got tired fast (conditioning from the layoff), and his passes were a bit off. You'll see a more accurate Vick in the pocket as the season progresses.

Well what do you expect from someone who didn't play in over 3 months? You expect him to be rusty & his passing #'s alone were comparable to other quarterbacks yesterday:

Micheal Vick-

16/33 179 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Chad Pennington-

15/29 155 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Tom Brady-

16/31 163 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Jay Fiedler-

13/31 111 yards 0 TD 2 INT

Everyone has bad games, and it's really expected again since he missed 3 months. That was a rusty Vick not at the top of his game, wasn't running at full speed, he got tired fast (conditioning from the layoff), and his passes were a bit off. You'll see a more accurate Vick in the pocket as the season progresses.

seeing as how he played last week of course I was expecting more

' date='Dec 8 2003, 18:27'] seeing as how he played last week of course I was expecting more

Playing for a quarter last week? Remember what the announcers & coach reeves said: "For Vick this is his 3rd preseason game, while everyone else is playing in their 15th game".

mike vick sucks ass. he is way overrated. i give him 2 more years in the league before his career is over. he gets punished by linebackers, it's just not the same as playing in the powderpuff games of the big east. his numbers are nothing, they never have been. he's average at best. he's never gonna be 100% healthy again, and he's gonna get eatin alive every game. he took some hits yesterday, even had trouble walking towards the end of the game.

mike vick sucks ass. he is way overrated. i give him 2 more years in the league before his career is over. he gets punished by linebackers, it's just not the same as playing in the powderpuff games of the big east. his numbers are nothing, they never have been. he's average at best. he's never gonna be 100% healthy again, and he's gonna get eatin alive every game. he took some hits yesterday, even had trouble walking towards the end of the game.

He had more yards rushing this game then most starting running backs, he also has the most rushing yards than any QB in their first 25 games.

His skill as a passer will come but that will come when he can calmly sit in the pocket and look for receivers which he showed some of it last night despite being out this year. I'm just going to have to disagree on how Vick will turn out.

a rushing qb will get you nowhere but hurt in the nfl. if he can survive his injuries, he's gonna have very limited mobility, and going to have to rely on his arm, which sucks.

you guys honestly think he can run wildly around nfl linebackers and survive??