6 Nikkor lens on rebate until 14/6/2014

Draconian Guppy

Someone might find this useful.

Nikon-instant-lens-rebates.png

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew S.

Damn, if only i could afford to get my father a new Nifty-fifty... 

Draconian Guppy

Damn, if only i could afford to get my father a new Nifty-fifty... 

Why not buy the D version which won't autofocus with his d3200, but will get him there. Also, does he have a need for prime lens? Has he tested only that length using the kit lens? eg. keep at 50mm and try shooting without zooming in/out

Matthew S.

Actually both him and myself find the prime easier to use/handle than the zoom. And I'm assuming you mean this one right ? http://en.nikon.ca/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/AF-Nikkor-50mm-f%252F1.8D.html (Would this one be backwards compatible with an N2000/F-301?) and if you do mean that one I may as well just use his current one (it works, I tested all his old lens already lol)

Draconian Guppy

Actually both him and myself find the prime easier to use/handle than the zoom. And I'm assuming you mean this one right ? http://en.nikon.ca/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/AF-Nikkor-50mm-f%252F1.8D.html (Would this one be backwards compatible with an N2000/F-301?) and if you do mean that one I may as well just use his current one (it works, I tested all his old lens already lol)

Nikon lenses can be categorised into the following classes: 

1) Pre-AI (these lenses are not marked as such). 

2) AI, AI-S and AI modified 

3) AI-P 

4) AF (and AF-D and AF-N) 

5) AF-S/AF-I (with aperture ring) 

6) G-Type (these are all AF-S) 

The Nikon F-301 is a camera that is made to the AI-S standard. This means the lens is connected to the camera by purely mechanical means. Lenses in class 2, 3, 4, and 5 are compatible as they have both an aperture ring, and a AI coupling ridge. Please also note, class 6 lenses are all marked AF-S too, so be VERY careful looking for the G marking and avoid these lens in the F-301

Also, if you already tested his old lens and it works, then just use it! And yeah, I did mean that one, but if the old lens works perfectly fine, why spend more?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eRajesh
      Huawei again caught passing DSLR photos as being shot from its own smartphones
      by Rajesh Pandey

Back in 2018, Huawei was caught passing off some photos taken from its mid-range Nova 3 when they were actually shot using a DSLR. The company had been caught using similar unethical tactics before as well with its P30 series. Fast forward to a couple of years later and Huawei has again been caught doing the same thing.

Huawei recently ran a photography contest on China's Weibo platform and shared some of the photos submitted to it with the "taken with Huawei smartphones" tagline in a video. However, it was soon discovered that some of the photos select from the competition were taken with DLSRs. The issue was first discovered by Jamie-hua after he thought the photos shared in the video from Huawei looked familiar and eventually he found one of the photos on 500x which was taken from a $3,000 Nikon D850 DSLR and not a Huawei smartphone.

The image in question/ Credit: Su Tie After being called out, Huawei issued an apology saying it was an "oversight" by the editor who "wrongly marked" the photos. The company has since then already updated the original video to remove mention of the photos being taken from a Huawei smartphone. The company claimed that the competition rules did not prohibit users from posting photos taken from other non-Huawei devices.

Huawei smartphones are known to have impressive cameras, so it's unclear why this phenomenon of passing DSLR photos as ones being shot from its phones keep occurring.

Source: SCMP

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      All online classes on Nikon School are free this month
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Image credit: Edgar Varjapetyanvia (Wallpapers Wide) In an attempt to keep its customers "inspired, engaged and growing," Nikon USA has made its entire curriculum of online photography classes free of cost this month (via The Verge). Until the end of April, all 10 classes, which cost between $15 and $50 each, can be streamed for free. The company wrote on its website:

The ten classes, which are taught by professional photographers and often Nikon ambassadors, range in length from 15 minutes to over an hour. Several of these classes cover Nikon-related products while others teach the basic know-how of photography. Even if you are not a Nikon camera owner, you still might learn something from these classes.

If you're interested in streaming for the courses, you should visit Nikon's official website. After signing up using your name and email address, you will be able to view the classes. There is also an option to opt-out of receiving marketing emails.

• By Draconian Guppy
      Will only last 18 hours

Nikon D7000 16.2 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black) 
      $649.95

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Megapixel-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B00OJNTBGI

Also there, holiday bundle:

Nikon D7000 with 18-55mm and 55-200mm VR Lens Holiday Bundle 
      Price: $796.95 &  
    • By Draconian Guppy
      Nikon has opened the doors to entries for the company's annual photo contest, and is offering a top prize of 1m Yen (approx. $9200/?5600/?7100) in equipment with 500,000 Yen cash for the overall top prize. Running since 1969 the competition this year will feature 7 categories including a new 'Home' theme and a 'Generation N' section for 10 entrants aged 19 and under. With themes that include work in video as well as stills, Nikon has for the first time opened the competition to digital images captured on any digital imaging device ? including smartphones, camcorders and medium or large format cameras.

Scanners are once again not classed as 'digital devices', so images captured on film will not be eligible for entry, despite that Nikon F6 and FM10 film cameras are listed as current products on the company website. 
      The panel of 17 judges will be led by Stephen Mayes, the Executive Director of the Tim Hetherington Trust and Secretary to the World Press Photo competition, who will head the photography categories. John C Jay, who was voted among the top ten most influential Art Directors of the Past 50 Years by the readers of Graphic Design USA, will head the judging panel for the video categories.

Open to professional and amateur photographers around the globe, the competition attracted 99,339 entries from 153 countries last year. You have until 15th December 2014 to enter. 

For more information visit www.nikon-photocontest.com/en
    • By papercut2008uk
      i just found a Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm + 55 - 200mm telephoto zoom lens for ?379.

it's on sale for only a few more days, and was wondering, if it's worth buying, i'm going to be travelling in a few months and probably taking a lot of pictures and video, but don't really have the money for the camera just yet. 

is it worth it? should i find the money and get it? or wait / find a different camera?  

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/digital-cameras/dslr-cameras/nikon-d3200-dslr-camera-with-18-55-mm-55-200-mm-telephoto-zoom-lens-21324868-pdt.html