Match 3: Spain vs Netherlands

19 members have voted

1. 1. Spain, Netherlands or draw?

• Spain
    • Netherlands
    • Draw
  2. 2. How many goals will Spain score?

• 5+
  3. 3. How many goals will the Netherlands score?

• 5+

That really was something else, a result which will make all of Holland's opponents stand up and take note. Haven't seen holland play that well, or spain that badly for a long time.

That really was something else, a result which will make all of Holland's opponents stand up and take note. Haven't seen holland play that well, or spain that badly for a long time.

True quote and it's only the first game. Time will tell. 

We always had very good players but now have one of the best coaches we could have. The 1-0 for Spain did not affect our morale, but the 1-1 and 1-2 for NL absolutely destroyed the Spanish morale.

I'm usually not into football much and last time it wasnt until the 3rd game or something when I got into it. But last night after the 2nd half... damn. Wonderful game! Whole neighborhood cheering, entire town making noise every single goal.

I come from the Netherlands, and watched the game with a group of people. Nobody of us expected this.

After the game the party was starting in my city. Some cars drove around, honking the horn. The city center became very busy too, many people in orange colored clothes, celebrated the victory.

Above that, many images went viral on Twitter. Here are my personal favorites. (Be sure to click on the next button!)

This reinforces my view that this could be one of the most open world cups in recent history

I heard the odds were 500-1. I'm sorry, call me a tin-hatter, but this was obvious match-fixing. No way Spain loses like that legitimately.