Target asks its customers to kindly not shop while armed with guns

Hope more stores force a no gun rule, including restaurants, clothes stores, etc.  Everything.  Get the cities on board, ban them from their parks and malls etc.  Make it so it's hard to go places, and the large majority who are just ######wits will give up, while the people who genuinely feel they need a weapon, will continue to do what they do without bothering anyone.

Sounds like the US is pretty messed up if people need to carry a gun because someone else carries one. 

Good luck with your school massacres. 

• Like 3

Blacks, latinos, or anyone of middle eastern or sub-Asian descent walking around with rifles? You've crossed the line. Call out the cops who would shoot and kill before  any questions were ever asked. Hell, even some of the law-abiding firearm bearing citizens might get in on the shoot the gangbangers/terrorists action. 

Hmmm. Is that cynical?

No, realist.

At first i was ok at looking at people that wanted to be able to carry a weaon for safety, then i realized they where mostly idiots that wanted that because it gives them a little bit more guts to go forward in life.

Then i see those idiots with there huge weapon made for the army going into a restaurant or into a walmart etc, Then i notice i was right about not been on there side, if it was only 1 small gun that you needed to have in its case at all time except if your life is in danger then i would have been ok with it. But you are trying to tell me people will walk like that in a bank? and if you say well no they are not idiots, well i will answer to you the following : But you think they are smart to go into a supercenter with kids,babys, elderly peole etc. with huge firearms like that? Are you the idiot?

Here, have a look a the open Carry texas photo gallery http://www.opencarrytexas.org/1_10_Photo-Gallery.html

Because you need an AR-15 when going to a burger joint!

pb-120612-gun-protest-jm-0.photoblog900.

Why is the woman in front holding her rifle like that?

purely the point is you want to be able to carry your weapon holstered so you can actually do things with your hands, not walking around pointing it wherever you go with your finger next to the trigger 

purely the point is you want to be able to carry your weapon holstered so you can actually do things with your hands, not walking around pointing it wherever you go with your finger next to the trigger 

Because she CAN, silly! It's perfectly legal for her to walk around with a mag slotted, her finger on the trigger, and the rifle held ready to blow anyone and everyone away! She's not a threat to anyone like that, she's just exercising her second amendment rights!

Or at least, that's what certain people here will tell you, anyway...  :rolleyes:  Personally, i think she's being a ridiculous a-hole, like the rest of them, and has zero consideration for anyone but herself.

So suppose this woman walks into a store holding her weapon like this. The store owner has been robbed a couple of times, so he got a firearm through the proper channels. He pulls his firearm and shoots her dead without warning.

The store owner would be in his right to do this according to the Castle doctrine, Stand you ground law or similar laws? Correct?

• Like 2

So suppose this woman walks into a store holding her weapon like this. The store owner has been robbed a couple of times, so he got a firearm through the proper channels. He pulls his firearm and shoots her dead without warning.

The store owner would be in his right to do this according to the Castle doctrine, Stand you ground law or similar laws? Correct?

And we'd have another Darwin award candidate.

I didn't say they were used in olympic events did I?

But then your reply was irrelevant, since your reply was about the AR15 not being made and designed for killing people.

You can't counter and argument against specific guns by saying other guns are different.

And we'd have another Darwin award candidate.

Why? its just a question i would like answered. Owning a firearm over here is almost impossible, carrying it out in the streets without it being in a secure case gets you jail. So i know very little about the subject.

According to the castle doctrine you are aloud to use deadly force when feeling threatened, either at home or your work place. I would like to know if the situation i sketched is correct, from people who know a little more about this.

Giving an answer like this tells us more about you then me.

Get of your high horse and explain what I'm misunderstanding about this subject instead of attacking me.

Why? its just a question i would like answered. Owning a firearm over here is almost impossible, carrying it out in the streets without it being in a secure case gets you jail. So i know very little about the subject.

According to the castle doctrine you are aloud to use deadly force when feeling threatened, either at home or your work place. I would like to know if the situation i sketched is correct, from people who know a little more about this.

Get of your high horse and explain what I'm misunderstanding about this subject instead of attacking me.

Get off your own high horse. My post wasn't meant as an attack :rolleyes:

My point was that lady would be a good candidate because she'd end up dead out of her own stupidity, and you're correct, nobody would be blamed for it in states with stand your ground or such laws.

They wouldn't be allowed to just shoot her.  You have to be in fear for serious bodily injury,  death, or kidnapping.  (Atleast here).   Her carrying a rifle like that would make me nervous, but you have to pay attention to body language.  She may be an idiot carrying like that (low and ready), but if shes acting normal, I'd put it off...But I wouldn't just ignore her either.     

besides already sweeping people with the barrel when she walks by (which I'd probably tell her about).

However for everyone else, concealed does mean concealed. Granted I got more looks from my Glock 19 being under my shirt, than just open carrying it.  For me to really conceal a Glock 19, I have to wear a much bigger shirt which I hate.  So usually on days where it's hot and humid I'd open carry, because that is most comfortable with a holster that has decent retention where someone couldn't just run up and take it.  

Next spring I hope to have a pocket pistol.  Probably an M&P Shield of Bodyguard .380

They wouldn't be allowed to just shoot her.  You have to be in fear for serious bodily injury,  death, or kidnapping.  (Atleast here).   Her carrying a rifle like that would make me nervous, but you have to pay attention to body language.  She may be an idiot carrying like that (low and ready), but if shes acting normal, I'd put it off...But I wouldn't just ignore her either.     

besides already sweeping people with the barrel when she walks by (which I'd probably tell her about).

However for everyone else, concealed does mean concealed. Granted I got more looks from my Glock 19 being under my shirt, than just open carrying it.  For me to really conceal a Glock 19, I have to wear a much bigger shirt which I hate.  So usually on days where it's hot and humid I'd open carry, because that is most comfortable with a holster that has decent retention where someone couldn't just run up and take it.  

Next spring I hope to have a pocket pistol.  Probably an M&P Shield of Bodyguard .380

If someone walked in on me with a rifle like that, finger on the trigger, and didn't immediately ID as law enforcement, I wouldn't be nervous, I would be ###### myself. 

• Like 2

If someone walked in on me with a rifle like that, finger on the trigger, and didn't immediately ID as law enforcement, I wouldn't be nervous, I would be ###### myself. 

True,  although her finger isn't on the trigger in the picture. It looks like it may actually be on the magazine release.  

True,  although her finger isn't on the trigger in the picture. It looks like it may actually be on the magazine release.  

Which is on the picture, not in the real life situation of someone going into a 7/11 to buy a slurpee.

:huh:

She's not acting normally, she's walking around with a massive gun.  It would take a lot less than that for the gun nuts in this thread to scream in terror and riddle her full of bullets.

If I see someone with a gun, I'm not going to use my time to determine where a finger is, or if they look like they're coming in to do their groceries.  I'm getting somewhere safe.

I'm glad I live in a country where I don't need to worry about if people have guns, and if I see a gun how to assess the situation.  It's pretty simple here given our gun control, if there is a gun, and it isn't law enforcement, and you're not at a gun club, you should worry.

• Like 3

See... the nice thing about laws like the 2nd amendment is that they only go so far as to say the GOVERNMENT can not take away your right to carry..  The private store owners, however, CAN.  That's what people forget...  Yes, legally, you can carry a gun into Target and the government can't stop you...  But Target doesn't have to let you in.  The 2nd amendment only says that the government can't prevent you from carrying.  A property owner is well within his/her right to say get lost if you're carrying. 

• Like 3

Get off your own high horse. My post wasn't meant as an attack :rolleyes:

My point was that lady would be a good candidate because she'd end up dead out of her own stupidity, and you're correct, nobody would be blamed for it in states with stand your ground or such laws.

Ow i'm sorry, I misunderstood you and I apologize. Getting of the horse right as I type :laugh:

Then yes i agree she is an candidate for an Darwin award!

That was kind of my point. Due to the store owners previous experience he might argue he was in fear of serious bodily harm due to the way she is carrying the firearm and wasn't going to wait to become a victim again.

Thank you for your explanation.

That was kind of my point. Due to the store owners previous experience he might argue he was in fear of serious bodily harm due to the way she is carrying the firearm and wasn't going to wait to become a victim again.

Thank you for your explanation.

You're welcome.  He would probably lose though if he did anything.  

See the thing is, open carry works for some one like a Police officer because you know he is an officer by his uniform or badge. What these open carry folks don't realize is that everyone else around them won't know if you have good or bad intentions. 

Apologies if someone has already answered something similar but I'm too lazy to read the entire 9 pages :p

Can I ask why someone would want to carry a gun of this size around? I understand the cultural differences regarding owning a gun etc that us in the UK don't have, but I don't understand why people would WANT to walk around a store carrying something like that? I get annoyed just carrying shopping!

I don't want any of the "because I can, its my consitutional right too" type answers because I'm sorry but that's not a reason to do it. It's an excuse that allows you to do it. I COULD walk into a store with my clothes on backwards, its not illegal in anyway but I don't because there is just no need to. I will probably get this completely wrong, but I thought the whole weapons thing was about defending yourself, is America such a dangerous place that you cannot go to a store like Target without carrying a weapon? I have to admit when I spent 5 weeks in North Carolina, I did not feel unsafe at any point. At the very least, could people not just leave whatever weapon they are carryingin the car or something?

At some point someone needs to stand up and say, just because it is your legal right to do something, does not mean you have to exercise every occasion to practice that right. 

• Like 2

Apologies if someone has already answered something similar but I'm too lazy to read the entire 9 pages :p

Can I ask why someone would want to carry a gun of this size around? I understand the cultural differences regarding owning a gun etc that us in the UK don't have, but I don't understand why people would WANT to walk around a store carrying something like that? I get annoyed just carrying shopping!

I don't want any of the "because I can, its my consitutional right too" type answers because I'm sorry but that's not a reason to do it. It's an excuse that allows you to do it. I COULD walk into a store with my clothes on backwards, its not illegal in anyway but I don't because there is just no need to. I will probably get this completely wrong, but I thought the whole weapons thing was about defending yourself, is America such a dangerous place that you cannot go to a store like Target without carrying a weapon? I have to admit when I spent 5 weeks in North Carolina, I did not feel unsafe at any point. At the very least, could people not just leave whatever weapon they are carryingin the car or something?

At some point someone needs to stand up and say, just because it is your legal right to do something, does not mean you have to exercise every occasion to practice that right. 

Truth be told, you probably won't find any of the answers worthwhile.  It really does boil down to the excuses you've already heard.  "Because I can", "It's my right", "I want to be Rambo"...

Edit: Along with a ton of absolutely absurd scenarios or comparisons.

• Like 2

What nekkidtruth is saying is the truth. There are no rational or logical reasons in which people should be walking around in public with rifles, or shotguns. And, as someone whose favorite weapon is the AK-47, which I've owned in the past, there really aren't any logical reasons to own anything like that for the normal citizen. Are they fun to shoot? Sure. Is it a well-crafted, modern marvel of firearms that can add to a great collection? Yes, in my opinion. Do I need a 30+ round, massive instrument of death dealing? Absolutely not.

One of my current guns is a Glock 32 that can hold as much as 14 rounds of ammunition. Can anyone logically explain to me why I need a gun that has an ammo capacity above ten rounds? Hell, above 8. Doubtful. The fact is... I don't NEED it. And, honestly I hope I never need to use it on another person. Unfortunately, one of the classic tenets of gun owners here in the States is, "Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it." And, I've always personally said that the reason I have a gun is because of the idiots out there with guns. Louie had it right. What a wonderful world, eh?   

You're welcome.  He would probably lose though if he did anything.  

Unless the woman was black or Latino, then he would have no issue at all blowing her head away.