Al Gore: I will Endorse Howard Dean

Leading Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean will receive former Vice President Al Gore's endorsement tomorrow.

Quoting a source close to Gore, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the Associated Press said the party's 2000 candidate will give his blessing to Dean in Harlem in New York City and then travel with the former Vermont governor to Iowa.

The Jan. 19 Iowa caucuses will launch the 2004 nominating process.

Fox News said it confirmed the announcement.

Polls in New Hampshire show Dean increasing his distance from the field of eight other candidates, leading by as many as 32 points. Key state polls in Iowa show he has taken the lead from Rep. Richard Gephardt, D-Mo.

The endorsement of Dean is a further blow to Gore's former running mate, Sen. Joe Lieberman, D-Conn., who is one of eight other Democratic candidates.

Lieberman and Gore, who served as President Clinton's vice president for eight years, lost to George W. Bush in the 2000 election after a contentious 36-day recount in Florida.

Dean entered the race as a long-shot outsider, but has built up a strong following through the Internet and has touched a chord with Americans deeply angered by the Bush administration.

Over the weekend, Dean was asked again about remarks he made on National Public Radio last Monday, suggesting President Bush might have been tipped off by the Saudis prior to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36018

The more stupid decision BushMonkey makes (medicare) the more powerful Dean becomes. its like every Bush`s decision is inversely proportional to deans popularity

The more stupid decision BushMonkey makes (medicare) the more powerful Dean becomes. its like every Bush`s decision is inversely proportional to deans popularity

Trolling your own thread there?

I love this...Gore endorsing Dean...wonderful, let the fun begin :laugh:

Libs: "let's demonize :angry: Bush for that prescription drug benefit for the seniors, oh wait, :blink: wasn't that our mantra"

Source

Protecting Medicare and Medicaid

Texas Democrats support programs, including Medicare and Medicaid that maintain the safety net for vulnerable Texans. We support expanding Medicare to provide a prescription drug benefit.

This is rich!!!

Those snubbed included Gore’s running mate in 2000, Sen. Joe Lieberman, who says “Al Gore is endorsing somebody who has taken positions in this campaign that are diametrically opposite to what Al himself has said he believed in over the years: strong on defense, for tax cuts and against walls of protectionism that take away jobs.”

Funny thing, is....all things tht Bush has succeeded in doing in his Presidency. Too funny! :laugh:

Look at the Dems spin. Spin, Dems, Spin!

well, i am glad he didn't support Lieberman, i think he held Gore back from getting even more of the majority last time

anyways, Gore got more votes, he is supporting the guy who he thinks can win... the sooner Bush is out the better America will be IMO

well, i am glad he didn't support Lieberman, i think he held Gore back from getting even more of the majority last time

I thought the Green party, Bush and Lieberman were in cahoots in bringing Gore down! :p ;) :laugh:

It's like saying you love brown horses, owning a brown horse, then going to the race track and betting on a black horse because you think it's going to win. It's not illogical, Gore was last years Democratic nominee, he has to give his support to someone, why not someone who will win?

It finally dawned on me today why Dean would want the endorsement of someone who ran opposite him on most every issue, Dean needs someone with experience writing concession speeches.

It finally dawned on me today why Dean would want the endorsement of someone who ran opposite him on most every issue, Dean needs someone with experience writing concession speeches.

lol :)

• Like 1