Sleeping fan sues Major League Baseball, Yankees, ESPN for defamation, seeks $10 million

Sleeping fan sues Major League Baseball, Yankees, ESPN for defamation, seeks $10 million

A fan caught on camera sleeping during a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game in April has filed a defamation lawsuit against Major League Baseball, the Yankees, ESPN and the game's two announcers (John Kruk and Dan Shulman), according to The Courthouse News Service.

Andrew Robert Rector, in a lawsuit filed in Bronx Supreme Court, lays out why he felt he was defamed after images of him nodding off at Yankee Stadium on April 13 were broadcast.

"In the course of watching the game plaintiff napped and this opened unending verbal crusade against the napping plaintiff," the complaint stated (per The Smoking Gun).

Kruk and Shulman poked a little fun at Rector, as you can see in the video below.

:laugh:

I hate these types of lawsuits - bog down the courts -

This guy's life or character was only worth about $10.00 before the game - now he thinks its worth $10 mil --- yeah right.

Typical fat slop new yorker

dirtbag ambulance chaser (attorney)  -   Yes Mr Rector, I think you have a very good case here, I will be happy to represent you - you have a right to compensation"

This guy's life or character was only worth about $10.00 before the game - now he thinks its worth $10 mil --- yeah right.

Typical fat slop new Yorker

hope you have 10 mill. you just defamed him.

hope you have 10 mill. you just defamed him.

Noo !!!  wait .... I meant ..... Oh damn .... I still owe my attorney for the last bit of ....well that thing that involved the school playground, ankle monitor and the camera.....NOW THIS !!

I should use this to his advantage to get laid.

He should be like

"You know that one guy who fell asleep and was featured on ESPN,THAT WAS ME!! ... If i'm that good at a stadium you should see me in bed ;)

Well here is the thing guys.. look at him to start with, he's not that great looking to start with and gives that perfect slob appearance. So then you have ESPN and the guys calling the game just have the camera sit on him for not a few seconds but nearly a full minute if not more then yeah I can see the problem here. Depending on the legal notices when you purchase the tickets cause yep you can bet there are many stipulations then he prob has a full right to sue for Defamation cause of the time and how they went after him.  This is why you have kids doing what they do with suicidal thoughts from getting bullied can you imagin if you were this guy and was getting hounded EVERY DAY?!? Ohh and lets not forget NOTHING gets erased on the internet as we seen from the youtube video that is now up. If I was him I'd be going after Youtube to ensure that the video is also pulled down or any like it and do his best to control that part for now while the suit is going thru.

I hope he gets all of it - perhaps this will teach em not to have a camera sit on a fan and make fun of em on live TV.

Minimum wage, no more.

Typical fat slop new yorker

dirtbag ambulance chaser (attorney)  -   Yes Mr Rector, I think you have a very good case here, I will be happy to represent you - you have a right to compensation"

i dare you say that to somebodys face & see what happens

i will laugh when you get knocked out