OT: England thrash Germans 5-1!

England have come from behind to thrash Group Nine rivals Germany 5-1 thanks to a brilliant hat-trick from Michael Owen and a magnificent strike apiece from Steven Gerrard and Emile Heskey in their crunch World Cup qualifying clash in Munich.

Full Story

Video clip (requires Realplayer)

The Germans ain't the team they used to be :) , I admit the English played well :s. But I am so fed up with being force fed the score line at every opportunity on British television.

Did we forget that the Scottish champions beat the English champions not so long ago, but we seem to have forgot that ever so quickly. :p

Anyways the England squad would be a better team with the big Yin aka Chris Sutton in it :)

HAIL HAIL

Originally posted by goofydave  

Lets all hope Australia makes it so that my midnight to breakfast late nites will let me see Australia being beatin by some of the worlds great soccer teams ;)

:) Yeah!!

I've got money riding on the socceroos making it, they will have to overcome Brazil or Uraquay (most likely)

:) Let's hope they make it!

Originally posted by me101

But...

You all forgot to mention that IRELAND beat Holland 1-0!!!

Yeah that sucks bigtime :( :mad: :right:

Originally posted by me101  

Congrats to England trashing Germany,  

But...

You all forgot to mention that IRELAND beat Holland 1-0!!!

Holland might not even make it! :o

They are coming third at the moment, in their pool.

They can't come first (Ireland is) and second place dosent even guarantee a spot!

Third is nothing, so the 3rd best team in Europe* better get their act together!

Check it at http://www.fifa.com then click on the World Cup 2002 link.

*Euro Semi-Finalists last year

Jeez.... what a hangover!!

I remember the fifth going in, but after that everything went kinda funny.... hence me sitting here with the DTs and an Alka Seltzer.

Congrats also to the Republic on a cracking result, and to Craig Brown who continues to work wonders with minimal resources.

Don't know about you guys but I'm booking quite a lot of time off next year!!

Either way I'll enjoy watching it all on tv.

Its probably the one thing my father and I do together (watch soccer)

we're huge Man Utd fans.. and before I get accused of being a fan because they are good. I have relatives in Machester hence the support. :)

Coming from Australia I dont get to see enough soccer on tv. We got Premier League Highlights and Serie A on Sunday morning

Its nice that the producers at SBS (who host the Prem League Highlights) enjoy Man Utd games too.. its usually always the highlight match :)