Snapshot-Linux x64 v0.7

Probably that Haggis's site doesn't have the actual file. He just created a Link to it.

I'm getting the same.

do i have to have the original file (snapshot_linux 0.3.iso) to be placed in the same folder as my torrent?

do i have to have the original file (snapshot_linux 0.3.iso) to be placed in the same folder as my torrent?

Yes you do. I grabbed the torrent and it looks like there are no trackers attached to the file. You need them for peers to be able to connect. I have a list of the most common ones. In Transmission, right click the torrent and then click properties. Under the trackers page, click add.  Copy and paste each of these in (one at a time).

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:6969
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
udp://open.demonii.com:1337

You're welcome. I've made a torrent too (I've done it before so it should work). If anyone wants to use mine, by all means. I'll seed it for a bit.

Link

can't open that one in ktorrent. says invalid torrent file

i will download and seed

the more the better :) :) :)

i just can't get it to work on my system. i suspect, and have told this last time in irc, that my provider just has torrents blocked.

Just out of curiosity, got your port forwarding set up properly? Know there's a few ISP's that may throttle, and a handful may block common server ports (80, etc) but shouldn't be able to arbitrarily block all ports going in. Although personally with only 1 or 2 seeders, unless you've got a lot of bandwidth it may be better to just host the thing elsewhere, really doesn't pay off unless there's a lot of seeders and/or bandwidth feeding it.

can't open that one in ktorrent. says invalid torrent file

Weird. I use Deluge (that's what I made it with) and it works. Also works for me in Transmission.

Edit: It's seeding for me now.

Just out of curiosity, got your port forwarding set up properly? Know there's a few ISP's that may throttle, and a handful may block common server ports (80, etc) but shouldn't be able to arbitrarily block all ports going in. Although personally with only 1 or 2 seeders, unless you've got a lot of bandwidth it may be better to just host the thing elsewhere, really doesn't pay off unless there's a lot of seeders and/or bandwidth feeding it.

we have got it working!

Weird. I use Deluge (that's what I made it with) and it works. Also works for me in Transmission.

does not work in transmission either. with no error message...

on ktorrent it says invalid letter 60 ... whatever that means...

i see also your torrent file is just half as big as mine....

does not work in transmission either. with no error message...

I dunno dude. Its seeding for me to someone, using Transmission and so are they.  I got it from the second link you have. It shows as 1.4gb in Transmission.

weird it should be 1.96 GB ...

i am currently uploading to burnbit.com this should as well generate a torrent file plus some nice download buttons i could include on my homepage

http://burnbit.com/buttons

In IRC we added more trackers to the full 1.95GB file and transfers seemed to work fine. It seems that Burnbit only uses one tracker (openbittorrent) which sucks. If it's not downloading try this torrent instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbtuj9aga037ckd/snapshot_linux%200.3.iso.torrent?dl=0

You should be able to add the other trackers in to any of the torrents that were posted and it should work once someone is seeding from each tracker.

You should be able to add the other trackers in to any of the torrents that were posted and it should work once someone is seeding from each tracker.

yes that would work. however implementing burnbit was an idea, to make the torrent file easily accessible plus implement the nice script they offer (showing leechers and seeders) directly on my homepage so users can see if the torrent is going well and might then decide to use one too.

i have googled for burnbit alternatives yesterday but did not find any. if anyone knows something similar to burnbit, please let me know.

Yes you can. Easier to just use the one torrent file if someone hasn't begun downloading yet though.

• 3 weeks later...

and here it is: the official Snapshot-Linux Notebook/PC Sticker :D

snslinuxsticker2.jpg

hungry for v. 0.4 yet? :D

here is a little preview for what should be released tonight :glare:

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg